SBBC: Our Place in the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once your hands are cold, you're fucked. Mittens are much better than gloves.

THe coldest workout I have done in a while was this past winter. I went for a run with snoe shoes and it was -3F (without wind chill). My eye lashes froze and the sweat in my socks froze solid. I think I posted a video or pics.

Ive had frozen eye lashes before at work, interesting sensation to be sure. General rule of thumb for us is if your lashes freeze together youve been in the freezer for to long.

Im one of two guys that will work in there long periods without a mask though. Cant stand face masks, once they start retaining moisture from your breathe and freezing up its just uncomfortable as fuck.

Ive had frozen eye lashes before at work, interesting sensation to be sure. General rule of thumb for us is if your lashes freeze together youve been in the freezer for to long.

Im one of two guys that will work in there long periods without a mask though. Cant stand face masks, once they start retaining moisture from your breathe and freezing up its just uncomfortable as fuck.
I felt the same way about the Balaclava

once your breath moisture hits it....

Granted we were never allowed to wear them anyway, which makes you wonder why they were issued to us

Oh, different subject, but who was talking about 'Into the Badlands' last thread? Just watched the first episode last night. Thanks to whomever recommended it. I'm definitely going to continue watching for now.

Snow shoe running.

Do people often say you have large eyes, or is it just the slimming effect of the rest of your head being covered in black? Not an insult (at least intentionally, lol). Just the first thing I thought seeing the pics.

what's the farthest North any of the Canucks here live?

Obviously I don't recall anyone from like PEI or Nunavut or the Yukon Territory, but who's the farthest from the US Border?
like Saskatoon is a bit from the border right?

what's the farthest North any of the Canucks here live?

Obviously I don't recall anyone from like PEI or Nunavut or the Yukon Territory, but who's the farthest from the US Border?
like Saskatoon is a bit from the border right?

I've never lived north of Banff Alberta (51 latitude) and never been north of 56 latitude on the ground (obviously flying to Asia you loop around Alaska).

Here is a thought, a guy from Saskatoon led the NFL in rushing on year (1986 IIRC).

I've never lived north of Banff Alberta (51 latitude) and never been north of 56 latitude on the ground (obviously flying to Asia you loop around Alaska).
I've only been to Vancouver and Whistler in Canada personally, really want to hit up Montreal and Toronto sometime soon

Do people often say you have large eyes, or is it just the slimming effect of the rest of your head being covered in black? Not an insult (at least intentionally, lol). Just the first thing I thought seeing the pics.

I think it's just the angle of the photo combined with the tight ski mask. Otherwise my eye size is normal.

(I don't offend easily. I'm dumber than a box of rocks).

I think it's just the angle of the photo combined with the tight ski mask. Otherwise my eye size is normal.

(I don't offend easily. I'm dumber than a box of rocks).
I figured, it just jumped out at me.

@therealdope saw this in the War Room today lol.

Congressman: Rising sea level caused by more dirt on ocean floor

In an effort to debate Climate Change Republican Mo Brooks had this to say:

Brooks: “What about the white cliffs of Dover, California, where time and time again you’re having the waves crash against the shorelines, and time and time again, you’re having the cliffs crash into the sea. All that displaces water, which forces it to rise, does it not?”

Duffy: “I’m pretty sure that on human time scale those are minuscule effects.”

he had to be trolling, right?

the white cliffs of Dover are in England FFS, cmon son besides the ridiculous seafloor comment

@therealdope saw this in the War Room today lol.

Congressman: Rising sea level caused by more dirt on ocean floor

In an effort to debate Climate Change Republican Mo Brooks had this to say:

Brooks: “What about the white cliffs of Dover, California, where time and time again you’re having the waves crash against the shorelines, and time and time again, you’re having the cliffs crash into the sea. All that displaces water, which forces it to rise, does it not?”

Duffy: “I’m pretty sure that on human time scale those are minuscule effects.”

what_the_hell_blazing_saddles.gif

I used to live at latitude 62. But I wasn't in canadia

I lived in Alaska and it was great. All the poor people died in the winter and the bears ate the carcasses in the summer. Eskimoes put out but have the clap. 9/10 would freeze again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back