SBBC: Our Place in the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nothing but comedy at this point.

But training methods and nutrition are better now!!!

That Kratchovilova's 800 record ain't going in my lifetime, despite that guy from South Africa trying to break it.

In NH for the long weekend. Cloudy, 50’s, windy with some rainy. Wtf

In NH for the long weekend. Cloudy, 50’s, windy with some rainy. Wtf

You know you need to run up that bad boy.

tuckerman-ravine-mt-washington.jpg

You should go fishing.
Fishing is boring.
You know you need to run up that bad boy.

tuckerman-ravine-mt-washington.jpg
I run/hike up the same mountain here everyday I’m here (its actually a ski resort). The ticks are so bad this year. I wear socks that go almost to my knees. I stop every once and a while and pick 10-15 ticks off my socks. I had Lyme when I was younger so so I’m not a fan of ticks. But who is.

Fishing is boring.

I run/hike up the same mountain here everyday I’m here (its actually a ski resort). The ticks are so bad this year. I wear socks that go almost to my knees. I stop every once and a while and pick 10-15 ticks off my socks. I had Lyme when I was younger so so I’m not a fan of ticks. But who is.

Holy shit! Ticks/Lyme are teh reason i don't mtn bike except just after a thaw or late fall. Fuck that noise.

DEET tends to work well with me, but I've got a cousin that swears by Permethrin spray. He spends most of his time out in the woods and says after discovering it and spraying it onto his clothes before going out, he's never had another tick

71T7uFXNJXL._SL1400_.jpg

That shit apparently

DEET tends to work well with me, but I've got a cousin that swears by Permethrin spray. He spends most of his time out in the woods and says after discovering it and spraying it onto his clothes before going out, he's never had another tick

71T7uFXNJXL._SL1400_.jpg

That shit apparently

Does he always wear thick socks and full length pants?

Lyme disease freaks me out. Running into a bear or two while I lived in Banff did make me shit my pants but the idea of this little tick fucking up my brain is too much for therealdope to handle.

Fishing is boring.

Fishing is the shit.

Tuck your pants into your socks.

Lyme disease freaks me out. Running into a bear or two while I lived in Banff did make me shit my pants but the idea of this little tick fucking up my brain is too much for therealdope to handle.
Luckily my parents knew enough about it to notice the red ring and have the tick that bit me brought to the Dr. I grew up in CT, where the name Lyme disease comes from so that probably helped with the awareness.
My left hip, left knee and left ankle give me problems to this day. I blame Lyme lol. Not sure if it’s true, but wreaking havoc on your joints can be one major issue with the disease.

Not sure where that pic is that TRD posted, maybe white mountains, but Mt Washington is no joke. I hiked it when I was a Boy Scout years ago. If @INeedARemedy dorsnt make it to Baxter State Park this summer try hitting up the Presidential Range in NH.
This is from a story I just found of a women who died up there in 2015.

“Last week, I hiked up the mountain with Steve Dupuis, a local mountain guide and search and rescue volunteer. He was one of the first to respond when Matrosova’s personal locator beacon went off. He and his team would eventually brave wind gusts of 140 mph, and wind chill as low as -100 degrees trying to reach her.”

Edit: fuck that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back