SBBC: Miami Hurricanes edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the thing with Russia is it was state sponsored... much easier to beat testers when the KGB is informing you of test dates.

Google Dr. Wade Exum. He ran US anti doping at quit because the USOC and USTFA buried so many positives.

Gonna miss the fight and USC game cause I'm going to Halloween Horror Nights with my family

I had figured you wanted to taste Mr Revolver.... This is quite the fusion of salivating chaos this coming weekend, my slab will be ready.

What we have here is a good cuisine of Eurasian flank sprinkled with peppers and zesty spice, followed by thick viscous habanero sauce drizzled with flavorful guacamole and frijoles for that soft and eloquent sliding...

FIFY

vsw4bqlj4rpfcrpfmll7.jpg

Stay woke sockcuckas

Was it on the scale of Russia?

It was actually more. In the US athletes were doped at all levels. Soviets pretty much only got doped once they were on their national team. This was just a matter of access to money. I'm sure Russia is the same now as the US.

I can tell you that in the last days of the Soviet empire I spent time with Soviet athletes touring the US and they had old, very used equipment. I couldn't believe the shit they were using. Their doping may have been "state sponsored" but it was nothing high tech and they only got it after making the national team . How are you going to get drugs when you have no money?

The competition to make a a national team in the old soviet union was essentially a death march through the dessert. After carefully selecting athletes and sending them to sport schools it was basically "throw them all in the pit and see who survives". Who knows how many potential world and olympic champions they crushed through volume of training. It was just stupid --- but also effective.

You had to be a genetic freak to make a national team because it usually required unseating a national team member who was doped.

It was actually more. In the US athletes were doped at all levels. Soviets pretty much only got doped once they were on their national team. This was just a matter of access to money. I'm sure Russia is the same now as the US.

I can tell you that in the last days of the Soviet empire I spent time with Soviet athletes touring the US and they had old, very used equipment. I couldn't believe the shit they were using. Their doping may have been "state sponsored" but it was nothing high tech and they only got it after making the national team . How are you going to get drugs when you have no money?

The competition to make a a national team in the old soviet union was essentially a death march through the dessert. After carefully selecting athletes and sending them to sport schools it was basically "throw them all in the pit and see who survives". Who knows how many potential world and olympic champions they crushed through volume of training. It was just stupid --- but also effective.

You had to be a genetic freak to make a national team because it usually required unseating a national team member who was doped.

I can see that in money sports but the USOC got no government funding and required amateur status until the Dream Team.

How much money was flowing in for doping? And at the same time when amateur status was required people with pro prospects went pro as soon as they could because they couldn't get paid.

You obviously know more about this than me.

I'm mainly speaking from a wrestlers perspective and there was no money in wrestling (outside of the small DuPont window) and I've always been under the impression that their wrestlers doped way more than we did.

We also have no money in weightlifting.

The only Olympic sports so can see them out roiding us is track. Did our cyclists even take the Olympics seriously?

I can see that in money sports but the USOC got no government funding and required amateur status until the Dream Team.

How much money was flowing in for doping? And at the same time when amateur status was required people with pro prospects went pro as soon as they could because they couldn't get paid.

You obviously know more about this than me.

I'm mainly speaking from a wrestlers perspective and there was no money in wrestling (outside of the small DuPont window) and I've always been under the impression that their wrestlers doped way more than we did.

We also have no money in weightlifting.

The only Olympic sports so can see them out roiding us is track. Did our cyclists even take the Olympics seriously?

I can't comment on wrestling but you are not correct about the USOC, and that's not what I'm talking about anyway.

Money for doping comes from people who had money to buy it. In the soviet union, people didn't have food, never mind money for PEDs.

Re: the USOC

The USOC funding was sparse but their funding really took off when George Steinbrenner got pissed off over the 1988 winter olympics. Steinbrenner was the spark plug that fueled future US olympic success.

THE USOC and the USTFA didn't organize doping, they just swept it under the rug. The Santa Monica track club and Athletics west were essentially corporate sponsored drug programs (both by Nike), just like the Nike one project is now.

US athletes were pissed off over 'state sponsored" drug programs not because they were clean themselves; they were pissed off because they had to go out and get drugs themselves and felt the Soviets had it easier. The whole thing was farcical.

Protest banners at sporting events are fun and they spread awareness on issues that some people care about.

divest2.jpg
On the other side of that, Sports teams also hang banners that nobody should care about.

banner2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back