SBBC : JAY CUTLER EDITION

Is Cutler the GOAT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny story about the Chelsea game. I started the day by doing my usual thing in London --- checking out various neighborhoods. I have a weird fascination with hanging around the financial districts of large cities on weekends because they are empty. Anyway, I'm making my way back from London city and the subway car I'm on has about 40 guys wearing Chelsea jerseys. So I say to them, "game today?". They look at me like I'm retarded and say, 'ya'. So I asked them what London tube station was the stadium at. they were nice enough to tell me so I went to an ATM to get money and made my way to Fulham Broadway. Sadly, I couldn't get a ticket for the game against Southhampton.
Just be glad you were in London. Southampton has to be the most boring city I've ever spent time in. When I used to sing professionally, we did a 3 week tour of England, Scotland and Ireland. For some reason we spent like 5 days based there and went to the neighboring towns for our performances during the days. Oh my God, dull, ugly and fuck all to do. I was getting absolutely shitfaced every night there just to make it stop.

Same here. When the chumps at my job are like "hey you want to make a bunch of extra money?" I tell them to fuck right off and laugh in their dumb faces.
its not worth it with my job

Just be glad you were in London. Southampton has to be the most boring city I've ever spent time in. When I used to sing professionally, we did a 3 week tour of England, Scotland and Ireland. For some reason we spent like 5 days based there and went to the neighboring towns for our performances during the days. Oh my God, dull, ugly and fuck all to do. I was getting absolutely shitfaced every night there just to make it stop.

Sing professionally? Wow --- and I say that as someone who can't even hum along to Twinkle, twinkle little star.

Never been top Southampton but a guy who worked fro me in supply chain was from there and said it sucked.

Did you make it to Wales? I was working in Cardiff for a few weeks and would go into London on Weekends.

Sing professionally? Wow --- and I say that as someone who can't even hum along to Twinkle, twinkle little star.

Never been top Southampton but a guy who worked fro me in supply chain was from there and said it sucked.

Did you make it to Wales? I was working in Cardiff for a few weeks and would go into London on Weekends.
No, we didn't go to Wales for some reason. We spent most of the nights in London and Glasgow, which were light years better than Southampton. I've been to England about 6 or 7 times for various reasons, but never been to Wales. Major oversight on my part.

My singing 'career' was mostly in a professional choir (from ages 10 to 23), but I also did a few operas and I used to do side gigs (solo and/or with a smaller group from the choir) with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra a lot when they needed vocal accompaniment. Also did more weddings and funerals on the side than I can possibly count. Not to toot our own horn, but we were a really good choir. But still just a choir. Lol. We did two tours of England in my time with the choir, but the first was when I was 11. We used to tour a lot. We did a private show at the White House for Ron, Nancy and staff when I was real young. Also did a performance for the Pope when he came to Baltimore in the 90's. Only sports related performances were singing the National Anthem at Memorial Stadium/Camden Yards a few times for O's games.

No, we didn't go to Wales for some reason. We spent most of the nights in London and Glasgow, which were light years better than Southampton. I've been to England about 6 or 7 times for various reasons, but never been to Wales. Major oversight on my part.

My singing 'career' was mostly in a professional choir (from ages 10 to 23), but I also did a few operas and I used to do side gigs (solo and/or with a smaller group from the choir) with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra a lot when they needed vocal accompaniment. Also did more weddings and funerals on the side than I can possibly count. Not to toot our own horn, but we were a really good choir. But still just a choir. Lol. We did two tours of England in my time with the choir, but the first was when I was 11. We used to tour a lot. We did a private show at the White House for Ron, Nancy and staff when I was real young. Also did a performance for the Pope when he came to Baltimore in the 90's. Only sports related performances were singing the National Anthem at Memorial Stadium/Camden Yards a few times for O's games.

Jesus. I'm impressed.

Seriously.

Re: Glasgow

My brother went to grad school in Glasgow. Has some great sketchy stories.

so they're having some amateur MMA event on base here in mid October

normally I'd abstain, but apparently Donald Cerrone is going to be there for a Meet n Greet

might have to go, dude seems chill as hell

Last time I went to one of these, I met the standup comedian Deray Davis. Possibly the funniest person I've ever met IRL

lmao @ willingly wanting to meet D level athletes.

I always respect those entertainers that do USO tours, or shows for free on military bases.
For some reason, WWE is heavily involved in that. Had the Big Show, Miz and a few other wrestlers on our base in Kabul (along w/ later Karl Malone and then Buzz Aldrin). They were also there in Iraq in my unit's previous deployment, think Shane McMahon was even there too.

Toby Keith is huge w/ it, goes to Rammstein a few times a year as does Gary Sinise and the Lt Dan Band

Chris Daughtry is a huge USO/base guy too
Drew Carey too, former marine believe it or not

he seems chill when he's on the Rogan podcast though

Yea, but he literally admits that he's the type of dude that will steal your girlfriend in front of you and give 0 fucks.

A lot of people have told stories about how when he meets fans he will sit there and hit on their chick the whole time lol

Haters imo

Besides, he's married now. So he's only racist and homophobic.

I always respect those entertainers that do USO tours, or shows for free on military bases.
For some reason, WWE is heavily involved in that. Had the Big Show, Miz and a few other wrestlers on our base in Kabul (along w/ later Karl Malone and then Buzz Aldrin). They were also there in Iraq in my unit's previous deployment, think Shane McMahon was even there too.

Toby Keith is huge w/ it, goes to Rammstein a few times a year as does Gary Sinise and the Lt Dan Band

Chris Daughtry is a huge USO/base guy too
Drew Carey too, former marine believe it or not

Watched the Pittsburg Steelers v. Seattle Seahawks Superbowl, while out to sea, with the Patriots cheerleaders and (very randomly) Debbe Duning from Home Improvement

Watched the Pittsburg Steelers v. Seattle Seahawks Superbowl, while out to sea, with the Patriots cheerleaders and (very randomly) Debbe Duning from Home Improvement
I had to help w/ the security team of Joe Biden while VP one time

I must say, I was around him briefly, and he seemed pretty chill for a guy that high up in the government
We saw Colin Powell in the Kuwait City Airport, and his security didn't even allow us to approach him, take a pic, or ask any questions or even address him. Like cotdamn

I had to help w/ the security team of Joe Biden while VP one time

I must say, I was around him briefly, and he seemed pretty chill for a guy that high up in the government
We saw Colin Powell in the Kuwait City Airport, and his security didn't even allow us to approach him, take a pic, or ask any questions or even address him. Like cotdamn

Joe Biden seems like he'd be the shit

Biden rode the train home to Delaware from Union Station every night for decades when he was in the Senate. My dad also rode the train every day for work in DC from Baltimore for decades. He was always impressed that Biden wouldn't let the Amtrak or Union Station workers give him special treatment. There were times when he had security around him for various reasons (especially after 9/11), but he insisted on traveling with and like everyone else.

Last edited:
What were you in the choir? tenor, countertenor, barritone, bass?
I did it in JR High and HS, but clearly not at that level. But it's the main reason why i love r&B/soul, and gospel as it most fits the classical scale in terms of notes song, melismas, etc..

Somehow i was the countertenor and bass in my choir (wtf), and had to sing lead on this once at a xmas concert.
it was uh not this good haha. Dude hits two C#5's like it's nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back