sbbc : i sound poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least for places like Chilis, everyone can find SOMETHING on their menus that they can enjoy somewhat. Even Applebees, as awful as it is these days, has a couple things that don't taste completely terrible.

Lmao at chilis. At least go to yardhouse or BJs

They live in suburbia where it's almost entirely chains. They sound poor based on their restaurant preferences.

At the very least for places like Chilis, everyone can find SOMETHING on their menus that they can enjoy somewhat. Even Applebees, as awful as it is these days, has a couple things that don't taste completely terrible.

Sure, but why pay them for mediocre food?

Don't defend Chilis in here, breh

Can you Californicans explain why you guys put up with Chipotle with all the great Mexicans spots you guys must have over there

Can you Californicans explain why you guys put up with Chipotle with all the great Mexicans spots you guys must have over there

I've never liked it myself, but it's thought of as the "healthy" Mexican option or whatever.

went to Yardhouse near San Antonio a few years back. good food and good beer, about 100 TVs with college games and good looking waitresses. what's not to like

Chipotle for me twice a week. Everything else blows around here.

Tuesday I went to my parents for dinner and they wanted to go out. Get there and they're like "let's go to Chili's!" Boomers are the worst generation of Americans.
Every poster in this thread parents got destroyed itp.
Maybe with the exception of TRD and graverobber.

Don't even consider it Mexican - But I still enjoy a burrito bowl 1-2 times a month.

I dont consider Chipotle to be Mexican food. Its just Chipotle, and it is delicious.

Dont think you find anyone wanting real Mexican food and suggesting Chipotle.

I don’t even consider that Mexican food. It’s like getting a pizza from Pizza Hut or some shit. I’m not going for authentic Italian food or even east coast style pizza. I’m probably going cuz it tastes decent, convenience and I might be drunk. Chipotle does have a health advantage over most hole in the wall Mexican places fwiw. That said I don’t go there very often.

Carne Asada fried from Mexican places with a B health rating might be the GOAT drunk/hangover meal.

Every poster in this thread parents got destroyed itp.
Maybe with the exception of TRD and graverobber.

My parents are baby boomers and I'm Gen-X.

FWIW - I'm not impressed with my generation either -- or at least the front half. I remember granolas actually walking around with a copy of the book Generation X (in their indian satchel or whatever the fuck those things were), as if it was a bible or something. The cruel irony came a year later when Coupland wrote Shampoo Planet essentially mocking those assholes. and just another two years later they were crying over Kurt Cobain's death. I remember watching all of those wankers in Seattle on TV with my roommates in university and saying, "what in the fuck? Is this going to be the moment in time that captures our generation? Pretty embarrassing if it is".

When someone asks me, "what defines your generation?" I don't point to Kurt Cobain's passing. Nope. I describe the drinking game we had before hitting the off campus bars. You put a TV and VCR on the patio and throw in Showgirls. Anytime there is nudity, you drink.

A drinking game centered around the movie Showgirls is about the most redeeming thing I can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back