SBBC: Fight Battle (how the English and French ran to an island and waited for a real country to win

Is this embarrising for Ole Miss?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really good advice.

I've had a few opportunities over the last few years and didn't take any of them because A) I'm afraid of change and B) I'm a pussy and afraid of failure.

Wasn't long ago that I decided the next time something comes up where I can better my life and get out of this toxic whirl pool I've been in for the last 4 years, I'm going to do it.

When I took this job 4 years ago, It seemed like a huge step up, especially since at most places that do my type of work, you have room for growth + benefits and a lot of otehr things that a good business environment would provide. I was under the impression this would kind of be like that, but it only took about a year until I realized this is just another dead end job, and that all would come of it is a good look on my resume. We are too small and privatized and there is literally 0 room for growth unless you count your yearly raise.

I get paid well, but having 0 health benefits really brings the job itself down a ton, McFly is in the same type of work as me and he is much likely wayyyyy better off than I am.
Not having benefits would suck. You need that shit. Health Insurance and 401k that matches are must. I wouldn't consider a job without either. Hope you can find something that can offer you both.

Not having benefits would suck. You need that shit. Health Insurance and 401k that matches are must. I wouldn't consider a job without either. Hope you can find something that can offer you both.
This new job does

When you help us and join our team you'll get:

• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
  • Tuition Reimbursement Program
  • Accrued Vacation - Including New Hire Vacation!
  • 401(k) Plan and Employer Match
  • Employee Stock Purchase Plan

401k w/ employer match is the most crucial thing there is IMO

Your investments are doubled up to a certain pt, so any hit the market takes is likely to be blunted by that built in cushion.

This new job does

When you help us and join our team you'll get:

• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
  • Tuition Reimbursement Program
  • Accrued Vacation - Including New Hire Vacation!
  • 401(k) Plan and Employer Match
  • Employee Stock Purchase Plan
That's good. Employer match is free money and it adds up.

So my federal student loans finally processed, bringing my total financial aid for year 1 to a little over $77k lmao

So my federal student loans finally processed, bringing my total financial aid for year 1 to a little over $77k lmao
How much of that are you actually going to use on school?

I remember getting something like 4k for a semester once for financial aid and after signing up for 4 classes and paying for all my books I still had like $750 left over and I went school shopping rofl.

How much of that are you actually going to use on school?

I remember getting something like 4k for a semester once for financial aid and after signing up for 4 classes and paying for all my books I still had like $750 left over and I went school shopping rofl.
I'll be on a very strict budget

You can't just take out whatever you want for federal loans, the school sets their annual cost of attendance and you can't exceed that. Law students aren't allowed to work more than 20 hours/wk so living expenses are factored into COA. But tuition alone, before scholarships, is $50k/yr :eek:

You can't just take out whatever you want for federal loans, the school sets their annual cost of attendance and you can't exceed that. Law students aren't allowed to work more than 20 hours/wk so living expenses are factored into COA. But tuition alone, before scholarships, is $50k/yr :eek:
Ah, makes sense, my buddy I was living with in Tampa had a similar deal when he was at USF.

God damn tho, 50k/yr? That's absurd lol

How do they even monitor the 20 hrs/wk? Can't you just work some side jobs for extra cash? Or continue to chauffeur people around?

How do they even monitor the 20 hrs/wk? Can't you just work some side jobs for extra cash? Or continue to chauffeur people around?
They're likely gonna check your tax returns when you apply for the bar

Big reason why I started with the Uber thing is it's something I can do instantly for extra cash during winter/summer breaks

God damn tho, 50k/yr? That's absurd lol
Thing is, and this is a major reason why I chose the higher ranked private school over the lower ranked public school down here, is federal loans have repayment plans that almost feel like stealing. Say my total loans are $200k after 3 years, repayment doesn't start until 6 mos after graduating. Before then I can consolidate the loans into one and then choose an income-based repayment plan which would consist of my annual repayment being 10% of that year's discretionary income. Repayment period is 25 years and any remaining outstanding balance after that period is forgiven

Thing is, and this is a major reason why I chose the higher ranked private school over the lower ranked public school down here, is federal loans have repayment plans that almost feel like stealing. Say my total loans are $200k after 3 years, repayment doesn't start until 6 mos after graduating. Before then I can consolidate the loans into one and then choose an income-based repayment plan which would consist of my annual repayment being 10% of that year's discretionary income. Repayment period is 25 years and any remaining outstanding balance after that period is forgiven
I know you know this already, but you're really smart.

Trump's probably going to change student loans and make you pay the entire balance. lmao

faust are you @ The U for law school

Uber doesn't have a law school.
HardToKill-05-sg.gif

Yeah the 3 schools I applied to were UM, FIU, and Nova. Wanted to stay local. I was dead set on FIU cause the tuition is almost half of UM's but UM gave me some scholarship $ and then I researched federal loan repayment. Plus UM offers a joint JD/LLM program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back