SBBC: Fight Battle (how the English and French ran to an island and waited for a real country to win

Is this embarrising for Ole Miss?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might just go ahead and start Bloodline sinze I finished that Ozark show.

I guess I also need to catch up on Shameless, I stopped near the end of season 6, but that show has literally gotten to the point where I hate every character besides Frank, so I haven't been in much of a hurry.

Kahl ima check out Ozark tonight but if it sucks I'm gonna give you the silent treatment for 48 hours

Kahl ima check out Ozark tonight but if it sucks I'm gonna give you the silent treatment for 48 hours
I think you'll enjoy it, and then you'll come back here, say it sucks so that I lose even more respect around here, and then give me silent treatment anyway.

Just a guess tho

I think you'll enjoy it, and then you'll come back here, say it sucks so that I lose even more respect around here, and then give me silent treatment anyway.

Just a guess tho
I didn't do that with TPB my dude

My buddy that runs our tournament team for softball hmu about a job last night.

Would be salary, a little more than I make now, but plus bonuses, full benefits and a tuition reimbursement program.

He said there's also lot's of room to grow within the company and get promotions.

He said it took him 2 years to get a promotion but it was about a 15k a year boost when he got his first one.

I'm not qualified for the job, because I don't have a degree, but he said it doesn't matter since I have a lot of computer knowledge and he has quite a bit of pull there.

So I'm going to send in my resume/app today and see where that goes.

LOL at your lanky ass in a Civic EXT

hqdefault.jpg

Lmfao nice

My Subaru outback has one and it provides great gas mileage. Don't expect aggressive accelerations and jerk (the derivative of acceleration) because the ratio changes are much smaller than in a conventional transmission.

Definitely different than the 3 speed in my Lincoln Mark IV.

Well that'd be a boner killer. I'm not an old man quite yet

My buddy that runs our tournament team for softball hmu about a job last night.

Would be salary, a little more than I make now, but plus bonuses, full benefits and a tuition reimbursement program.

He said there's also lot's of room to grow within the company and get promotions.

He said it took him 2 years to get a promotion but it was about a 15k a year boost when he got his first one.

I'm not qualified for the job, because I don't have a degree, but he said it doesn't matter since I have a lot of computer knowledge and he has quite a bit of pull there.

So I'm going to send in my resume/app today and see where that goes.
Sounds like a great opportunity fam

Sounds like a great opportunity fam

Yea, it's at the Tech Date Corporation and that's really close to where I live so we'll see what happens.

If it doesn't work out, I'll just tell you guys in a few weeks that I'm going to join the military again.

Yea, it's at the Tech Date Corporation and that's really close to where I live so we'll see what happens.

If it doesn't work out, I'll just tell you guys in a few weeks that I'm going to join the military again.
If I've learned something from these last few years of trying to get back to law school it's that (A) never trust someone else to do their job competently, and (B) you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying. The latter is cliche and should be common sense but I actually believe it now

If I've learned something from these last few years of trying to get back to law school it's that (A) never trust someone else to do their job competently, and (B) you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying. The latter is cliche and should be common sense but I actually believe it now
That's really good advice.

I've had a few opportunities over the last few years and didn't take any of them because A) I'm afraid of change and B) I'm a pussy and afraid of failure.

Wasn't long ago that I decided the next time something comes up where I can better my life and get out of this toxic whirl pool I've been in for the last 4 years, I'm going to do it.

When I took this job 4 years ago, It seemed like a huge step up, especially since at most places that do my type of work, you have room for growth + benefits and a lot of otehr things that a good business environment would provide. I was under the impression this would kind of be like that, but it only took about a year until I realized this is just another dead end job, and that all would come of it is a good look on my resume. We are too small and privatized and there is literally 0 room for growth unless you count your yearly raise.

I get paid well, but having 0 health benefits really brings the job itself down a ton, McFly is in the same type of work as me and he is much likely wayyyyy better off than I am.

But yeah, it's hard to leave a comfortable situation to venture into something new but you really do gotta look at the big picture and long-term

you miss every shot you don't take. which is much easier to do if you don't care if you miss

go for it Kahl, worst case you can take up the spare room in my house if it gets too suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back