SBBC: Cultivating The Ripe Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Wheels posted that video the other day, they kick you out for stuff like that at Planet Fatness as well.

Pathetic really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a story on the weight lifting video that @Revolver posted the other day. The guy was angry because the weights were making noise when they hit the ground. He kicked the kid out even though he wasn't an employee of the gym and has since been banned from all of that gym's properties.

Your cortex is slow today. Did you rejuvenate?

They should kick out anyone who does deadlifts. These cans do like one rep at a time and wait ten minutes in between sets. They’re not even doing heavy weights.

They should kick out anyone who does deadlifts. These cans do like one rep at a time and wait ten minutes in between sets. They’re not even doing heavy weights.

Smh. Go get something to consume Mr. Revolver.

I do deadlifts on back/shoulder day.
135lbs 3 sets of 10, just to keep my lower back on notice.
fuck going heavy, good way to get hurt.

Deadlifts are one of the staples to a great workout, no clue what you are getting at Revolver.

It's only pointless if you are weak and just want useless beach muscles, sure.

@Graves

Did you see that Jan Ullrich got into a fight with his neighbor in Mallorca --- a German action movie star -- last week, and then beat up a hooker yesterday in Berlin?
Racing against Lance all those years will dive you crazy.

Almost dieded today

Slipped while carrying a 60 x 69 window..

They put down "slip free" mats on the floor..but they suck ass..it came out from under me when i walked across it

Slip resistant shoes might be helpful. You can get them for $50 at most big box stores.

My steel toe shoes are slip resistant but those damn mats dont help

Theyve tried changing the style of mat but it just doesnt help

Woulda been 179 lbs landing on me

Proper deadlift form is integral but it is most beneficial when you can go well beyond 85% of ones perceived 1 rep max. If going that heavy is the case it should only be once a week, once every two weeks if you are of age. Lots of rest in between sets, and this type of training session is only meant to be done once every 2 or 3 months, competitive powerflifters usually do it once a month to gauge progress. Reason to go that heavy is to get the nervous system to get used to recruiting all those muscle fibers on ones back. We should also note that most of the work being done should be around 70-75% of ones 1 rep max or 80-85% of ones 5 rep max. This will facilitate proper hypertrophy and strengthening of the tendons, ligaments, and muscles.

The young kid was around 80% based off how he was exerting himself. However when you are that strong and lifting considerable weight, as you lift more and more than your actual bodyweight it gets harder to control on the eccentric portion, you need to conserve energy by dropping or lowering the weight fast and controlled. The eccentric portion is where the majority of injuries happen. He is also a competitive powerlifter or an aspiring one, so he wants to progress adequately. Powerlifting gyms in Canada worth their salt recruit highly competitive and decorated athletes at the national level. The young man is limited to train in such outlets as he an aspiring athlete, so he is relegated to such establishments. The whole debacle serves as a notice to the fitness and gym industry that the powerlifting community is big and has significant influence to hurt business.

Almost dieded today

Slipped while carrying a 60 x 69 window..

They put down "slip free" mats on the floor..but they suck ass..it came out from under me when i walked across it

Glad you're okay dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back