SBBC : Basketball is coming edition: Do you like pineapple pizza?

Do you like pineapple pizza?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DGboQEU.gif

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/10/320_pound_florida_woman_sits_o.html

320-pound Florida woman sits on 9-year-old girl, kills her

Probably just watch it at home. Think a couple of buddies are coming over
They are steam rolling everyone, if they pull off a sweep in the CS and WS they will go down as one of the best teams in MLB history.

Dunno what any of this investing mumbojumbo means. I should probably take the time to learn at least the basics

finna die broke no doubt

Or just put it in the Vanguard500. Remember, only 40% of money managers beat the S&P in any one year. the chances of them doing two yrs in a row is 16%, so why bet against the numbers.

Or just put it in the Vanguard500. Remember, only 40% of money managers beat the S&P in any one year. the chances of them doing two yrs in a row is 16%, so why bet against the numbers.
Can just put it into that when you're self employed? Those numbers seem to make sense

Can just put it into that when you're self employed? Those numbers seem to make sense

I'm sure Gunther or Revo can direct you to an ETF/SPDR that tracks the S&P500. You buy it like shares of a company.

Seems Mr Dope and I share some investing philosophy...

they're paying for me to get the CFA cert now
however you have to have 48 months of qualified work experience
and on my base, technically only the current PFMP (who is clearly CFA) is allowed to do that.....

so, what the fuck son

so, instead I opted for the AFC which I believe is only 1000 hours

So all of your communications now have to logged on servers in the event you go to Finra arbitration?

Are you planning to do series 86 or get your CFA?
Only written communication needs to be saved.

You looking to save for retirement or just invest? Either way, yes.
Word. Probably just invest at the moment - make myself put some money away and let it grow. I feel like that could turn into saving for retirement eventually

CFA is rigorous. Usually takes 3 years... something like 10% who go for it actually pass all three levels.

Only written communication needs to be saved.

Just remember, that includes ALL texts to your partners/colleagues. That FINRA arbitration is serious business. Hope you're never pulled into that shit show.

Seems Mr Dope and I share some investing philosophy...

If you're in it for the long run, it's hard to beat indexes. As the guy who ran M&A at our old firm (he was an ex-GS guy) once said, "Focus on your job, and just sock it away in index funds with some global diversification".

I've probably mentioned it before but I'll say it again; keep it simple. A little money can make almost anyone stupid, a lot of money can make you really stupid.

idiom #2: don't look at your portfolio every day because it will drive you nuts. You wake up and your stocks are up, you think you are a genius. The next day they are down and you feel like an idiot.

If you're in it for the long run, it's hard to beat indexes. As the guy who ran M&A at our old firm (he was an ex-GS guy) once said, "Focus on your job, and just sock it away in index funds with some global diversification".

I've probably mentioned it before but I'll say it again; keep it simple. A little money can make almost anyone stupid, a lot of money can make you really stupid.

idiom #2: don't look at your portfolio every day because it will drive you nuts. You wake up and your stocks are up, you think you are a genius. The next day they are down and you feel like an idiot.

I have personal index funds (Vanguard) and my 401k spread across low expense ratio Fidelity index funds... I have a couple side stock investments but that's literally just play money.

Also have a nice ESPP here that I take advantage of, but I don't hold a lot of it. Kind of use it as a forced savings / self administered semi annual bonus if that makes sense.

Took me a few years to find the simple approach but yea, mostly stick to that now.

The expense ratios of some of those fancier funds are hilarious... and then you compare that to a VTSAX and compare the 5/10 year returns and realize you've just been pissing money into some CFA's pocket all this time lol

@PUO3 if you happen to run across this at the store definitely buy a bottle.

It was like $30-35 and it's fucking delicious

U9JhT02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back