Saying prime Fedor would beat Jon Jones because he got more power is so stupid and casual.

Fesaine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I respect Fedor and jones but "in my opinion", the argument that Fedor Emelianenko would beat Jon Jones because he never fought in heavyweight is just so casual. like you have to be the most casual fans out there to say something like that. honestly what does Emelianenko got over Jon Jones other than Knockout Power? I am not even sure if his boxing is better because he got one of the sloppiest boxing technique I have ever seen in both boxing and MMA. He throws windmill punches like wilder except its 2 times worse, how can anyone with little bit of boxing and MMA striking knowledge say Fedor Emelianenko beat Jon Jones? there is like millions opening for Jones to capture on when Fedor throw that octopus punches? and let us talk about Fedor height and reach for a moment, Fedor is pretty much the same size as Machida.except that Machida striking is on another galaxy compared to Fedor, what does Fedor got that Machida doesn't other than you know the knockout power?Not saying Jon jones would beat prime fedor 100% but at least come up with a better argument

I respect Fedor and jones but "in my opinion", the argument that Fedor Emelianenko would beat Jon Jones because he never fought in heavyweight is just so casual. like you have to be the most casual fans out there to say something like that. honestly what does Emelianenko got over Jon Jones other than Knockout Power? I am not even sure if his boxing is better because he got one of the sloppiest boxing technique I have ever seen in both boxing and MMA. He throws windmill punches like wilder except its 2 times worse, how can anyone with little bit of boxing and MMA striking knowledge say Fedor Emelianenko beat Jon Jones? there is like millions opening for Jones to capture on when Fedor throw that octopus punches? and let us talk about Fedor height and reach for a moment, Fedor is pretty much the same size as Machida.except that Machida striking is on another galaxy compared to Fedor, what does Fedor got that Machida doesn't other than you know the knockout power?Not saying Jon jones would beat prime fedor 100% but at least come up with a better argument

Jon Jones listed Fedor with Alis and Andersons as one of the greatest he looked up to.

Machida thinks Fedor is likely the greatest

So shut up.

OP thinks Machida is just as big as Fedor lol. Machida didn't even have to cut weight to make 205 and usually came in a pound or two under.

You are comparing eras. Fedor ruled his like no one else. It was a less competitive era than now.
Dick Butkus was a beast but his skill set, especially speed
, wouldn’t translate to today’s game. He still should be on anyone’s short list of GOAT linebackers.
If the UFC ever affords salaries comparable to the nfl or boxing, we will see a greater influx of elite athletes and it will makes today’s heavyweight division look very poor.

Look up "casting punch" and you'll understand why Fedor throws punches the way he does. To see them in full effect watch his fights with Big Nog. The way Fedor can seamlessly transition from boxing to grappling is because of his "sloppy boxing" as you put it.

Back