Saunders pisses hot - likely to be stripped

The thing which makes little sense to me is the fact that VADA has always clearly said it follows WADA code, but they don't seem to be wholly consistent with it.

Edit: Actually, yeah the guy is right. VADA doesn't distinguish between in and out of competition, which seems wholly bizarre (and not in compliance with WADA code). I guess this explains why they reported Benavidez testing positive for cocaine even if he was nowhere near competition. Seem ridiculous.
It's not bizarre, it's the VOLUNTARY Anti Doping Agency. The fighters know and agree to the tests with each fight contract they sign or when they want to be sanctions by the WBC knowing they have a "clean boxing program" and know what are considered in competition and out of competition. Also, unlike USADA, VADA does NOT dish out punishments. They leave it up to the athletic commissions and sanctioning bodies, so it will be up to Massachusetts commission to determine if they want to punish BJS.

I also believe that they follow WADA code but any changes from it is always in a more stricter stance. Like they have lower thresholds for some substances than WADA, it may be any trace amount and they leave it to the commission or sanctioning body to decide. Povetkin in 2016 tested positive for Meldonium with 0.070 micrograms per milliliter (µg/mL) found in his sample but it was under the WADA no fault limit of 1.0 µg/mL. So they left it to the WBC to decide.

It's all right there, the fighters know : http://vada-testing.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/VADA_Prohibited_List_2018.pdf

If he is as lucky as canelo they will just have his older opponent wait a bit more for the fight so he keeps getting older, then slap him with some “tainted meat” bs and when he loses the fight the judges will give it to him anyways

It's not bizarre, it's the VOLUNTARY Anti Doping Agency. The fighters know and agree to the tests with each fight contract they sign or when they want to be sanctions by the WBC knowing they have a "clean boxing program" and know what are considered in competition and out of competition. Also, unlike USADA, VADA does NOT dish out punishments. They leave it up to the athletic commissions and sanctioning bodies, so it will be up to Massachusetts commission to determine if they want to punish BJS.

I also believe that they follow WADA code but any changes from it is always in a more stricter stance. Like they have lower thresholds for some substances than WADA, it may be any trace amount and they leave it to the commission or sanctioning body to decide. Povetkin in 2016 tested positive for Meldonium with 0.070 micrograms per milliliter (µg/mL) found in his sample but it was under the WADA no fault limit of 1.0 µg/mL. So they left it to the WBC to decide.

It's all right there, the fighters know : http://vada-testing.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/VADA_Prohibited_List_2018.pdf

It's definitely bizarre for them to be testing for things like stimulants out of competition, especially when they are meant to be following WADA code. VADA makes no distinction between things banned in and out of competition, which is completely different from what WADA suggests.

I’m sure he takes a lot of boringstylo with wakemeupo when he fights

It's definitely bizarre for them to be testing for things like stimulants out of competition, especially when they are meant to be following WADA code. VADA makes no distinction between things banned in and out of competition, which is completely different from what WADA suggests.
WADA is just a guideline though. VADA wants to be stricter and if we care about fighter safety -popping them for harmful stimulants isn't exactly the worst thing in the world. It's not weird, they are just recording results. Probably doing a test for everything which they are certainly entitled to do per their agreements. WADA isn't the be all end all and it's not a requirement to follow it exactly.

Also if USADA were doing the testing, in boxing, they would just be administering the tests and recording the results as well. They wouldn't have any authority to punish anyone because it's a voluntary per fight deal. It'd have to be a situation where the promoter had a deal with USADA that granted them authority to do punishments.

It's a shame they can't just ban Saunders for being the biggest fuckhead in boxing.

are boxing fans naive that UKAD would clear Saunders if he fought in the UK. THat has no jurisdiction as to how the WBO and VADA handle the STATESIDE event. As of now, we know for a FACT that Hearn and Warren and battling for this fight to stay alive. Behind the scenes Hearn and Andrade are battling for a renewal of contract splits negotiations. I assure you that when Saunders and Warren disagree the fight will be called off. From then on the WBO will renew its investigation towards the fight, most likely a suspension and renewal. This can all be avoided of course if the promoters reach a deal. Let's assume BJS had the 75/25 split. Will Andrade and Hearn bend over to 60/40? or 55/45? It's up to Andrade mostly imho, unless of course Hearn can convince Andrade to take what he recommends since future fights will be bigger.

WADA is just a guideline though. VADA wants to be stricter and if we care about fighter safety -popping them for harmful stimulants isn't exactly the worst thing in the world. It's not weird, they are just recording results. Probably doing a test for everything which they are certainly entitled to do per their agreements. WADA isn't the be all end all and it's not a requirement to follow it exactly..

You don't know what you're talking about. The advanced anti-doping agencies HAVE TO ABIDE by the rules and regulations of WADA, there's no other way around it. In the fighters' contracts that are always non-disclosed, there are severe penalties shall a fighter find an adverse finding thats prohibited from the WADA list. From here, which usually does not go public, promoters will revise contracts to compensate the penalties. If one promoter and its legal team are in a situation of uncertainty and believer their fighter and team, then it becomes complicated as they have no choice but to back up their client (fighter). The reason why Canelo was tested 4 days apart with Clenbuterol was so that the WBC, VADA, K2, and HBO all benefitted from renogations from the main title holders' fees and possibly making a trilogy to create more doubt. We know this because many fighters have been exonerrated with Clen whom had higher amounts than Canelo and closer to their fights as well as other athletes DURING COMPETITION.

I despise BJS but this very, very likely is legitimately from supplements. Oxilofrine is a stimulant that speeds up the heart/increases blood pressure, similar to amphetamine.

Ultimately, you have to know what youre putting in your body, but its not like the guy was caught injecting Trenbolone.

I know fans like to put all failed tests in the same degree, but theyre not.

I despise BJS but this very, very likely is legitimately from supplements. Oxilofrine is a stimulant that speeds up the heart/increases blood pressure, similar to amphetamine.

Ultimately, you have to know what youre putting in your body, but its not like the guy was caught injecting Trenbolone.

So people use it to burn fat faster?

C4VK4YzXUAAwDW8.jpg

Yeah, it likely is from a supplement, but even if he's taking it intentionally, it doesn't have any performance enhancing effect outside of competition. It's genuinely bizarre how VADA don't distinguish between in and out of competition banned substances.

If he is as lucky as canelo they will just have his older opponent wait a bit more for the fight so he keeps getting older, then slap him with some “tainted meat” bs and when he loses the fight the judges will give it to him anyways
At that side of the pond is boar meat

See Fury

It took a lot of balls for him to put on those shorts. Ironic that there’s no room for them.
You mean this is really BJS? I thought somebody had photoshopped his head onto a fat jogger.

You don't know what you're talking about. The advanced anti-doping agencies HAVE TO ABIDE by the rules and regulations of WADA, there's no other way around it. In the fighters' contracts that are always non-disclosed, there are severe penalties shall a fighter find an adverse finding thats prohibited from the WADA list. From here, which usually does not go public, promoters will revise contracts to compensate the penalties. If one promoter and its legal team are in a situation of uncertainty and believer their fighter and team, then it becomes complicated as they have no choice but to back up their client (fighter). The reason why Canelo was tested 4 days apart with Clenbuterol was so that the WBC, VADA, K2, and HBO all benefitted from renogations from the main title holders' fees and possibly making a trilogy to create more doubt. We know this because many fighters have been exonerrated with Clen whom had higher amounts than Canelo and closer to their fights as well as other athletes DURING COMPETITION.
Please tell me how a private company must abide by regulations from WADA that have NO jurisdiction in the US or even outside of Canada for that matter? Show me one law stating such. They use the protocols and the WADA accredited labs(as do many SAC's) but they are by no means under any legal requirement to do so or to follow just those protocols, they can indeed add onto them or remove something from them. Granted, fighters and companies may not use them if they differed, but they are under no legal obligation to follow WADA unless it's already agreed upon to do so.

If they were, then the drug testing protocols that the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and NCAA use would have to abide by WADA, which we know they fully don't, because they are private entities with the right to use their own standards. Just like VADA technically is.

Tell me again how I am supposedly wrong?

Also though i don't know if this is a part of this, but under WBC's clean boxing program - please tell me where it says anywhere that it says VADA must use WADA protocols : http://wbcboxing.com/WBCVADA/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/WBC-Protocol-FINAL.pdf

You'd figure WADA would at least be mentioned once if it were a requirement to follow their protocols, would you not?

Bottom line he agreed to do Vada testing, they gave him a list of substances not to take & he took one. Victor Conte says UK fighters being allowed to take a drug like oxilofrine out of competition is very very shady. It's a loophole that cheaters like BJS exploit. It's way worse then clenbuterol.

Last edited:
Back