Saunders: If Jacobs Wanted Me, Wouldn't Have Signed With Hearn

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
“If Danny Jacobs wanted to fight me, he wouldn’t have joined Eddie Hearn,” Saunders told iFL TV during an interview posted Tuesday. “It’s like me, it’s like Canelo now having all the titles, me leaving Frank Warren and going with Top Rank. Never gonna happen, is it? [Instead of] joining Eddie Hearn, he should’ve took a little bit less money, or maybe more money, and joined Frank Warren. And then I would’ve loved to box him on the 14th of April – loved to. He’s good, but listen, if I can’t beat the likes of him, I’m not gonna do what I said I was gonna do. And that’s what’s in my head.”

“To be honest with you, I couldn’t give two sh*ts about [Jacobs],” Saunders said. “Yeah, he’s good. But one-million percent, I’m better. So if they can work it out between them [Warren and Hearn], I would love to make it. He don’t sell 10 tickets in America. That’s why he’s with Eddie Hearn. You know, if they can make it financially work, viable for both of us, then I’m sure that me and him has not got a problem fighting each other, one-million percent.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/saunders-if-jacobs-wanted-me-signed-with-hearn--125021

Saunders has been fighting cans for YEARS in the hopes of getting the same fight with GGG that Jacobs had over a year ago. Acting like he's somehow above Jacobs when his goal in life is to fight someone Jacobs already fought is pathetic. His best win was against Andy Lee and everyone was shitting on Jacobs for possibly fighting the same guy because it's such a huge mismatch.

It's really a travesty that the Hearns/Warren shit is going to prevent the fans from seeing BJS get his shit pushed all the fucking way in by Jacobs. I almost wish Jacobs would take ridiculously short money and give BJS an offer he can't refuse just to see him smashed into pieces.

There is no way in hell BJS actually wants to fight Jacobs.

There is no way in hell BJS actually wants to fight Jacobs.
Yep which is why he's bleating on about it now that there's very little chance of it ever happening.

Lmao. He turned the fight down twice before Danny ever signed with Hearn. He's scared shitless of Danny.

Ok, no more ammo from me but, fucking lol. Do people honestly believe the shot they spin?

Lmao. He turned the fight down twice before Danny ever signed with Hearn. He's scared shitless of Danny.

I think the Kid Chocolate fight, and how his career went afterward makes people not want to fight him. Before that, if anything, people thought he was vulnerable.

That, and there are not many big names in the division.

Ahhh delightful, and now the excuses come out: "I'll fight this guy! I'll beat that guy! Ahhh well, here's the thing he should havr signed with this guy. I wasn't ready to fight that guy."

It's hard to have time for this guy. He victimizes or deifies himself, and it's hard for him to grow as a human being when, in his mind, everyone else is the problem.

Disgusting.

Saunders has been fighting cans for YEARS in the hopes of getting the same fight with GGG that Jacobs had over a year ago. Acting like he's somehow above Jacobs when his goal in life is to fight someone Jacobs already fought is pathetic. His best win was against Andy Lee and everyone was shitting on Jacobs for possibly fighting the same guy because it's such a huge mismatch.

It's really a travesty that the Hearns/Warren shit is going to prevent the fans from seeing BJS get his shit pushed all the fucking way in by Jacobs. I almost wish Jacobs would take ridiculously short money and give BJS an offer he can't refuse just to see him smashed into pieces.

The GGG fight was right there in front of him and he ran for the hills to hold the WBO belt hostage. Flat out ducked him.

I'd love to see Jacobs demolish him.

He's scared shitless of Danny.
well can you blame him? jacobs demolishes him.

BJS is as annoying as they come, it really pisses me off that the only way we ever see someone beat the shit out of him is if they pay him a ridiculous amount of money. he should be forced to fight one of the guys he keeps calling out for peanuts, or fuck off.

Back