Saul vs JR or Wlad vs AJ

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I aint seen no promo for AJ vs Wlad but been seeing alot for Saul vs JR. Seems like Saul vs JR is a bigger fight than AJ vs Wlad. I know AJ and Wlad sold 50k seats and being shown on 2 networks but doesnt seem to be gettimg the same promotion as Saul. I am seeing Saul and Osacr on 2 a day pushing Tecate and shit. Is Wlad and AJ selling ad overseas tp hype the fight. Most Casual here dont even know Wald/Fight is going down this weekend but seem tp be looking forward to watching Saul/JR next weekend

Saul vs JR is North America is bigger but in Europe it's Joshua. To the sport it has to be Joshua. Boxing needs the next big heavy weight thing

Saul vs JR is North America is bigger but in Europe it's Joshua. To the sport it has to be Joshua. Boxing needs the next big heavy weight thing

I think AJ is gonna have to come to vegas after he wins to really start bringing HW to forfront again. I am not even talking about him vs Wilder but him vs anyone in Vegas will help get him to the World stage a little more. a few fights here might help him like Lewis.

I think AJ is gonna have to come to vegas after he wins to really start bringing HW to forfront again. I am not even talking about him vs Wilder but him vs anyone in Vegas will help get him to the World stage a little more. a few fights here might help him like Lewis.

He's selling out 90,000 seat stadiums. He is a major draw with some of the biggest starpower and endorsements in the sport. Doesn't need to go anywhere. I imagine he's a bigger star in America than Wilder is.

He's selling out 90,000 seat stadiums. He is a major draw with some of the biggest starpower and endorsements in the sport. Doesn't need to go anywhere. I imagine he's a bigger star in America than Wilder is.

Thinly veiled logic. Go fight in Vegas because past boxers did. AJ is this generation's heavyweight posterboy. Everyone will want to fight him and they'll come to Wembley to do it.

Thinly veiled logic. Go fight in Vegas because past boxers did. AJ is this generation's heavyweight posterboy. Everyone will want to fight him and they'll come to Wembley to do it.

"Go fight in Vegas because I did."

Though I agree he should fight in Vegas. Just one of those things which builds the mythology around a fighter, particularly a UK fighter. I would much rather have experienced Fury taking Wlads titles in Vegas than Dusseldorf for instance.

"Go fight in Vegas because I did."

Though I agree he should fight in Vegas. Just one of those things which builds the mythology around a fighter, particularly a UK fighter. I would much rather have experienced Fury taking Wlads titles in Vegas than Dusseldorf for instance.

In that instance, yes. I just don't believe if you're a massive commercial success in the UK that there is any major inclination to fight in Vegas or MSG. It's a historical experience but it won't make much of a difference in AJs drawing power. There is nothing that fighting on American soil can offer that AJ won't experience tomorrow night. Didn't do much for Khan's career.

In that instance, yes. I just don't believe if you're a massive commercial success in the UK that there is any major inclination to fight in Vegas or MSG. It's a historical experience but it won't make much of a difference in AJs drawing power. There is nothing that fighting on American soil can offer that AJ won't experience tomorrow night. Didn't do much for Khan's career.

In pure money terms maybe, but flying over to Vegas, taking 20 000 fans with you, ironing out Wilder and coming back with his belt builds the mythology and is a great story to cash in on in future years.

AJ vs Wlad is fucking huuuuuge in the UK and Europe. 90,000 spectators and millions upon millions will be watching on PPV. I think you are mistaking world stage with America because both guys are doing big things outwith fighting in your country. It's the opponents that matter, not the soil. AJ is a household name here already.

AJ vs Wlad is fucking huuuuuge in the UK and Europe. 90,000 spectators and millions upon millions will be watching on PPV. I think you are mistaking world stage with America because both guys are doing big things outwith fighting in your country. It's the opponents that matter, not the soil. AJ is a household name here already.

That is good that AJ is a household name over there and sell good but he still just local and not know overhere well.

I'm getting some buzz from showtime, but anything I see related to sports in UK Aj is a giant draw, fighting in Vegas will come as he got the showtime deal, let him fight in the UK first, with a belt, and if the kid is skilled, he's going to be a major draw in the US.

How much comp is there in the UK in the sports world. Like in the USA we have NFL,NBA,MLB and UFC that takes aways alot of the spotlight from Boxing. What are the other major sports that compete with Boxing in the UK. Might be easier to become a Star over there cause not the same amount of sport to compete with for the headlines.

There's a lot of competition- we invented most of the Worlds popular sports don't forget :) and still there will probably be a full stadium and over 1 million ppvs sold in the UK

There's a lot of competition- we invented most of the Worlds popular sports don't forget :) and still there will probably be a full stadium and over 1 million ppvs sold in the UK

Soccer? yall made that.

Soccer? yall made that.

Football, Rugby (turned into American football), Cricket, Tennis, Golf, Rounders (turned into baseball), Hockey (turned into Ice Hockey)

Oh yeah, BOXING

Edit: and anything based on an internal combustion engine. Or a radar.

Football, Rugby (turned into American football), Cricket, Tennis, Golf, Rounders (turned into baseball), Hockey (turned into Ice Hockey)

Oh yeah, BOXING

Edit: and anything based on an internal combustion engine. Or a radar.

Hold Up. Nascar was Not invited by yall. Rednecks in the south made that shit when they was running liqour.

But I alway thought soccer was made by the Atzec or some shit when they was kicking disabled heads around.

Hold Up. Nascar was Not invited by yall. Rednecks in the south made that shit when they was running liqour.

But I alway thought soccer was made by the Atzec or some shit when they was kicking disabled heads around.

It was the Mongols, and they called it football.

Which reminds me, you can add horse racing to the list.

It was the Mongols, and they called it football.

Which reminds me, you can add horse racing to the list.

I guess Yatching ans Sailing too. Yall just made everything. haha

Back