Satanic Temple statue displayed among Nativity scene and menorah at IL Capitol

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Edison Carasio, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Wild Imam

Very well said I am a hardcore atheist my self but it gets annoying when atheists invoke science in debates as if they are Richard Dawkins himself.

My refusal to believe in deities is philosopical ,Spiritual and not rooted in Science.

Any discussion about non belief and agnosticism online always devolves into pseudo scientific arguments.

NoDak likes this.
  2. Edison Carasio

Edison Carasio Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

Correction - YOUR representation of all evil.

To other religions such as the gnostics, the abrahamic faith's creator god is an ignorant and imperfect, and the serpent in the garden was a liberator. Some gnostics (The Sethisns I believe) say the serpent was Sophia, the "mother" of the false creator god. The creator god emanated from Sophia. Gnosticism and gnostics christianity are ancient and existed in the 1st century, several hundred years before St. Jerome compiled what is mostly thought of when people in the west think of "the bible".

So basically in YOUR belief system you think this, others will vary. Anton LaVey Satanism doesn't worship anything other than themselves in their own ego (@CauseImbetta correct me if I'm way off on that). If this was erected by the Temple of set then maybe you would a different conversation.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Amerikuracana and Wet Blanket like this.
  3. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Yellow Card Yellow Card

It's not just that, it's that if you subscribe to Christianity, you're probably also changing 100 other destructive things in your life. Does taking a mulitvitamin improve your health, or is it that people who start taking multivitamins are also doing 50 other things to improve their health? I don't actually believe in God but I do live as if God exists because there is no downside.

4. ithinktheymad

ithinktheymad Red Belt

Waste of time. It just doesn't compute with certain religious folks that not only do other people have other beliefs and live their lives different ways, that it's also possible for them to be happy, positive people that could be considered "good" under the large general moral umbrella of mankind. You know, don't fuck with me I won't fuck with you? In their minds their is no way but their own and to see other people live free of the mental slavery they have imposed upon themselves(even if it's just another brand) causes them and their egos actual pain.

Brainwashing can do that to a person.

Edison Carasio likes this.
  5. Wet Blanket

Wet Blanket Totally Radical Left Wing Vegan Misanthrope

I love it.

I'm not the slightest bit spiritual or religious, but Satan looks way cooler than any Christian deity.

6. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

Tell me all about your food distribution center and other work your group does.

No.

So basicly you people are smug cool kids that think they must force what they believe on others.

You are no better from the sound of it then the worst of the people you don't like.

7. franklinstower

franklinstower Brown Belt

That is an interesting view of the gospel RIP because everything I said is taken right out of the Gospels....... it is the gospel if it is in the gospels, unless you are defining "gospel" in some highly specializes way known only to you and your church....in which case the onus is on you to explain that and the theological school of thought you are coming from. In any case you define it way too narrowly for my tastes and frankly having Christians running around with little to no perceptible transformation is a big part of the problem Christianity faces today in the world.

For many people the worst most unloving person they know is an evangelical christian who claims "I am saved" but who is toxic to be around. For many the best most loving person they know is an agnostic or atheist.

Also you brought up hell again, which is interesting, as you have been unwilling or unable to address the several points I brought up about hell. I think since you have engaged in a circular argument that has brought us back to the central and really only point of our conversation, you really ought to address the points I made.

8. D 1 Wrestler

D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

You are of no authority to say what is a religion

9. Fugazy

Fugazy Aka Ferrari Houseshoes

Wow you seem to be describing a whole lot of the leftists that I work with.

10. CauseImbetta

CauseImbetta Black Belt

Well, they do a lot of charity work. Have gay marriage weddings and other humans humans stuff. Anti school bullying programs. Etc...

No one is forcing anything. The Catholic Church forced millions to convert or die. Wiped out entire societies, started the Crusades, Witch burning, etc. Then you tell me crap like this.

You can cherry pick what you like for anything.

11. Ripskater

Ripskater Brown Belt

The Gospel is the message of salvation.

"Transform your life" is an effect of the Gospel

This is not specialized just from my church. This is Christianity.

Universalism is not Christianity. It fails to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Make sure you go to a church where the Gospel is preached. Otherwise it is just a social club doing good works.

12. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

Yes in the past Christian's were doing shit like that but that isn't now.

I have with any religion you want to make up and be part of but if your whole goal is just to just fuck with people then expect to be treated that way.

In other words your have the right to be shit heads and I fully support that but I will still call you out on it.

13. Fugazy

Being a self absorbed cunt in a predatory environment that preaches self absorbed cuntery to edgy losers all the while not helping anyone, or adding to the world in any way. Sounds great man.

I've got my gripes with every religion, but satanism is about as lame as anything I can think of, except that it is worse because it lacks self awareness and is draped in an undeserved, unrelenting, arrogance.

14. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

Pretty sure Religion was a lot more ruthless over the centuries in preventing science from disproving these claims... lol

15. SaiWa

SaiWa Brown Belt

Have you actually met a real Satanist or just the shit you've seen on tv/movies?

16. Caveat

Caveat The wretched refuse of your teeming shore Platinum Member

It isn't "mandatory" but that fact alone is only enough to comfort religiously sympathetic non-believers.

Many believers are bound to a creed that makes some kind of empirical claim, or want their belief system to have some kind of objective benefit or justification, so it's more than just toothless posturing (which is understandable).

"Supernatural" in this sense means something we don't understand well enough to talk about without fantasy, so of course we can't use it to use it to argue for anything beyond mere possibilities.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  17. Fugazy

Yep.

I worked with a guy for about a year and a half who was responsible for bringing in new folks, self described agnostic. He was actually a really great guy, very intelligent, soft spoken, kind, focused, humble. Easily my best "work friend" while I knew him. He was in the church of satan for just under 10 years, got tired of the self serving bullshit and debauchery. Met his wife there. They split together.

I found him and what he said about the organization to be very credible & he wasn't bitter either. And nothing of what I get from my interactions online dispute it.

18. Happy Man

Happy Man Green Belt

You're a nerd. Nerds join satanist cults, and also people without friends.

Also the church didn't have a concert or die program ever, andbthe crusades were a response to defend the Byzantines and protect the Terra Sancta from Muslim aggression. That's just common knowledge.

Witch burning, well there was that. Done by all though. And muskims still execute witches

19. franklinstower

franklinstower Brown Belt

I never said "transform your life"-- you did. I spoke about the transformation that comes from Jesus Christ. Speaking about the transformation that comes from relationship with Jesus is not specific to anything universalism teaches RIP.

How about addressing the rest of the issues at hand? I don't think you can. I think we have come to the limits in time you are willing to spend on your troll job.

When do you plan to address the several other points aside from just asserting that you are right.

20. Ripskater

Ripskater Brown Belt