Social Satanic Temple statue displayed among Nativity scene and menorah at IL Capitol

this shit wouldn't happen with any other religion
Probably not. But if you are having public funds spent on a religious theme, other religions have the right to be represented.

I dont think public money should be spent on religious themed events, regardless of religion. Private businesses are free to do what they want.

this shit wouldn't happen with any other religion

Wish we could put this up at Mecca, too

Too bad those barbaric fucks are much more violent than their Christian counterparts (Western world at least)

Thanks Christians

I approve.

keeplearningscience.jpg

SO when nano bots, AI, some lab created super bug, nukes, or some other invented weapons ends all life on planet earth Satan can laugh at how fucking stupid people were. Following "science" to their ultimate everlasting death, when people should have followed Jesus and lived like the Amish.

No shit Satan wants people to blindly follow "science". It's his perfect instrument of death.

SO when nano bots, AI, some lab created super bug, nukes, or some other invented weapons ends all life on planet earth Satan can laugh at how fucking stupid people were. Following "science" to their ultimate everlasting death, when people should have followed Jesus and lived like the Amish.

No shit Satan wants people to blindly follow "science". It's his perfect instrument of death.

Satan doesn't exist, bro.

Science is about understanding the nature of the reality we live in. What we do with that understanding is on us.

Dammit! I thought the war on Christmas was over! Trump told me so!

Great post.

Pretty hilarious that so many people voted Trump "because of things like this."

Well, we're two years in and things like this aren't stopping.

But it's not a religion

But it's kind of cool if you think about it

But it's just about humanism, really

But we don't do stuff that religions do

Too bad those barbaric fucks are much more violent than their Christian counterparts (Western world at least)

Thanks Christians

If it weren't for secular institutions like the separation of church and state, of freedom of religion, America would be like any other sharia shit hole.

It's not just a coincidence that the most religious state in the US, Mississippi, happens to among the most economically depressed.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2017/10/26/americas-most-and-least-religious-states/

Top 10 most religious states
1. Mississippi
2. Alabama
3. Tennessee
4. Louisiana
5. Arkansas
6. South Carolina
7. West Virginia
8. Georgia
9. Oklahoma
10. North carolina

Top poorest states
1. Mississippi
2. New Mexico
3. Louisiana
4. Georgia
5. Washington dc
6. Kentucky
7. Alabama
8. Arizona
9. South carolina
10. West Virginia

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-poorest-states-in-america-2014-12

Damn near the same.

Last edited:

lol, wtf is wrong with you?

The Bible is the inspired Word of God. Jesus is God.
That does not change that their should be a gospel according to Jesus. For a learned, educated teacher, he most certainly would have left one. Why did the church feel the need to hide and deny it?

That does not change that their should be a gospel according to Jesus. For a learned, educated teacher, he most certainly would have left one. Why did the church feel the need to hide and deny it?
We have Jesus's words in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. You don't need a book written by Jesus. We have what we need.

It's like people today who write books for other busy people.

Thanks Christians

Or just say fuck any ideology that relies upon faith, which is not a virtue, and we can go about our days?

Look. If Christianity can not handle the added competition of other faiths sharing public spaces then the people leading and teaching it have failed in their mission. Christianity has not done much in recent history to help its image. I mean look at what they did to their own kind! Think our persecution of the Pagans was bad, look what we Christians did to the Waldensians and other early protestants. Burned them at the stake and persecuted them as hard as any sharia state would. NONE Of which is in keeping with the word of Jesus. The problem with Christianity today is widespread rampant system hypocrisy.

We have Jesus's words in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. You don't need a book written by Jesus. We have what we need.

You want to take his word from the gospels, but don't care about the expiration date on his messianic return. How honest.

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place… (Mark 13:26-30)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near. Then He told them a parable: Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. (Luke 21:27-32)

It's almost as if your guy meant what he said. And look at that, we can see the writers after these times still clearly thinking it was the end!

“Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son…” (Hebrews 1:1-2)

“Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.” (1 Corinthians 10:11)

“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” (Hebrews 10:24-25)

Or admit that when people make open ended prophecies with unlimited time periods, maybe they're not being honest with those they shared their revelations with.

Sorry that does not fly. First hand accounts are often wrong as proven in the after math of huge disasters. Their is no reason, none what so ever that we do not have a gospel according to Jesus. Secondly, given the fact that their is much contradiction through out the bible, it throws into doubt the veracity of people who claim to be eye witnesses.

Quoting scripture is exactly where we should go when we are discussing the Gospel. Scripture is not "the lowest form of Christian apologetics." Scripture is the foundation.

Jesus spoke about Hell more than he did about heaven.

Don't read Plato or Socrates for their theology. They are wrong and your good works cannot save your soul. You need Jesus Christ for that. Hindu, Buddha, good works, nor Mohammed can save you and forgive you of your sins.
I can guarantee you he never said the word, Hell.

You brought up Plato and Socrates having influenced St. Augustine's view of Hell. I am addressing one of your points right now. Asking you what those philosopher's believed on Hell.
He already answered that in the post he keeps telling you to read but you are too lazy or stubborn to actually do so knowing it will wreck your argument. You are everything that is wrong with Christianity today RIP. You need to examine yourself and your actions in a mirror and see exactly why Christianity is on the decline.

Sorry that does not fly. First hand accounts are often wrong as proven in the after math of huge disasters. Their is no reason, none what so ever that we do not have a gospel according to Jesus. Secondly, given the fact that their is much contradiction through out the bible, it throws into doubt the veracity of people who claim to be eye witnesses.

This is an argument I have never heard before (a necessary Gospel of Jesus). Is it yours or is it something you have heard somewhere also? I am only curious and not looking to argue religion. I hate that actually.

I personally don't think there is anything significant missing at all from the gospels as I think they very effectively fulfill their mission. I don't see how more information could have any benefit for bringing people to a state of union with God. I would prefer to discuss this "state" as a purely subjective experience and take the actual existence of God out of it for this discussion.

Since the earliest of Christian history the teachings of Jesus have been producing saints, enlightened beings, of the highest degree. These people enter into a permanent state of union with God (subjectively speaking). The information needed to attain these states is plain as day in the gospels and commentary from the church fathers.

In addition we have the writings of the saints themselves from the earliest times giving us insight into the depth at which they understood the statements of Jesus. I used to think that there was a ton missing from the scriptures (as part of my upbringing) but once I started to read the commentary from the saints there is clearly a very reliable path laid out by Jesus and his disciples for attaining union in this life. Union is like fully realizing salvation before you die.

What are your thoughts on these comments?

He already answered that in the post he keeps telling you to read but you are too lazy or stubborn to actually do so knowing it will wreck your argument. You are everything that is wrong with Christianity today RIP. You need to examine yourself and your actions in a mirror and see exactly why Christianity is on the decline.
There's nothing wrong with True Christianity. However there is a lot of false teaching out there spreading Universalism that you can be saved by doing good works or saved by some other religious belief besides the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

There's nothing wrong with True Christianity. However there is a lot of false teaching out there spreading Universalism that you can be saved by doing good works or saved by some other religious belief besides the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Just so you know Rip, none of the early church fathers and no one I know of think you can be saved by works or by another gospel or belief other than that of Jesus Christ. No universalist ideology I have ever been exposed to thinks that.

Just FYI.

Back