Satanic Temple launches anti-school spanking campaign in Texas

Freedom of speech and religion, so they are welcome to go for it.

If the parents had rather their kid get the spanking and not the days out that's up to them and the kid to work out.

When I was in school they would ask you most of the time.

Like 3 days out or 3 hits with the paddle. Shit I always took the hits because I didn't want the beating and the god awful work for 3 days my father would give me if I took the days.
When I was at school...the teacher would let me extend my arm in front so he can easily hit it with a ruler at the back of my hand for misbehaving....but now...college kids need shelter because Trump won...
tumblr_my6xlanKNy1qzt7d8o1_400.gif

Your problem is that you see a spanking as violence.

<TrumpWrong1>

WRONG. I see spanking AT SCHOOL as an ineffective form of discipline.

If spanking kids in school worked to correct behavior, then why is it always the same kids that it has to be done to? And who is a teacher or school administrator to determine if what my kid did is worth a spanking?

For some reason you have issue with a teacher teaching your kids the science of evolution, but you have no problem with a teacher spanking your kid? That's ass backwards.<{MindBrown}>

Spanking is a funny thing.

We never use spanking as discipline, but when my son and I wrestle, I sometimes swat him really hard, and he just laughs like a maniac and charges me. (He is two and a half.)

My friend spanks his kids for discipline, but he never hits them hard. I've seen him "spank" his son much more lightly than I "spank" my son when we are just playing. Yet his kid acts like he's been shot when he "gets a spanking."

I guess if there is a moral it is: if you have to spank your kids hard to discipline them, you're probably not doing it right. It should be the IDEA of discipline, not physical pain, that gets your point across.
I know about the wrestling thing. We play around too like that.

Good for you luckyshot.

Outfuckingstanding!!!!!!!!!!!

What you are doing is called 'roughousing' and it is literally one of the best things you can do for your kid.

The physical and tactical tempo in which my 9 and 4 year old daughters 'roughouse' with me terrifies my wife and friends at times. But make no mistake- roughhousing is key

https://psychcentral.com/lib/6-benefits-of-roughhousing-for-kids/

This is just one of my favorites:

My 9 year old is a yellow belt, and her leg kicks have gotten to the point that they are no longer fun to take in perpetuity. So if she comes up and plants 3 or 4 good ones on me and shows no sign of stopping, I will check one, which she really, really hates. She will scream in pain briefly and start to cry for a moment, prompting my wife to drop whatever she is doing and come running. Right as she is about to start scolding me for being too rough, the 9 year old is over it and tearing into me like a tasmanian devil. I love it.

Very niiice. I'm going to print that article.

One of my son's first phrases was, "Suplex City!"

The kid is going to kick my ass someday, I am sure, but I will make him earn it.

<TrumpWrong1>

WRONG. I see spanking AT SCHOOL as an ineffective form of discipline.

If spanking kids in school worked to correct behavior, then why is it always the same kids that it has to be done to? And who is a teacher or school administrator to determine if what my kid did is worth a spanking?

For some reason you have issue with a teacher teaching your kids the science of evolution, but you have no problem with a teacher spanking your kid? That's ass backwards.<{MindBrown}>
You can't replace mom and dad, but corporal punishment probably keeps the bad kids in line more often.

Outfuckingstanding!!!!!!!!!!!

What you are doing is called 'roughousing' and it is literally one of the best things you can do for your kid.

The physical and tactical tempo in which my 9 and 4 year old daughters 'roughouse' with me terrifies my wife and friends at times. But make no mistake- roughhousing is key

https://psychcentral.com/lib/6-benefits-of-roughhousing-for-kids/

This is just one of my favorites:

My 9 year old is a yellow belt, and her leg kicks have gotten to the point that they are no longer fun to take in perpetuity. So if she comes up and plants 3 or 4 good ones on me and shows no sign of stopping, I will check one, which she really, really hates. She will scream in pain briefly and start to cry for a moment, prompting my wife to drop whatever she is doing and come running. Right as she is about to start scolding me for being too rough, the 9 year old is over it and tearing into me like a tasmanian devil. I love it.
That's what being a dad is all about

You can't replace mom and dad, but corporal punishment probably keeps the bad kids in line more often.

No it doesn't. You are factually wrong, it's not even opinion.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/04/spanking.aspx

Research findings
Physical punishment can work momentarily to stop problematic behavior because children are afraid of being hit, but it doesn’t work in the long term and can make children more aggressive, Graham-Bermann says.

A study published last year in Child Abuse and Neglect revealed an intergenerational cycle of violence in homes where physical punishment was used. Researchers interviewed parents and children age 3 to 7 from more than 100 families. Children who were physically punished were more likely to endorse hitting as a means of resolving their conflicts with peers and siblings. Parents who had experienced frequent physical punishment during their childhood were more likely to believe it was acceptable, and they frequently spanked their children. Their children, in turn, often believed spanking was an appropriate disciplinary method.

Your problem is that you see a spanking as violence.

Where I hand out spankings in looking at the long term goal here. And I do it with the right attitude. Because providing discipline with the right attitude (in love) is highly effective. If I just spank cause I'm all emotionally out of control, all pissed off and angry or I'm trying to prove something, yeah that's wrong.

The only reason to spank a kid is because it is the best form of discipline you can come up with. I think it speaks to a real lack of creativity.

I was spanked as a kid, and I don't think it did me any long term damage. My father spanked my brother ane me when we were bad, as did his father when we were bad there. Most of the bad behavior seemed to stem from me and my brother fighting or playing in a manner that destroyed things.

Now, my mothers fathers punishments were out of this world awesome. They were highly effective and taught us to think and learn.

If we were fighting or playing destructively, he would calmly tell us to get in his car, end he would drive us either to a track or a lake that had a path around it and he would have have us run or jog until we were exhausted. Sometimes he would just have us run windsprints. After he had done this several times, all the had to do if we were starting to get out of control was holler out, "It's sure nice outside, you boys want to head out to the track?

Last edited:
Good thing by the Satanic Temple. Children don't need to be beaten to learn what's right. You want to focus the lessons so they behave well because it's the right thing to do, not because they don't want to get beaten.

What's more needed is a way to teach parents to be good parents and not shitty ones.

The only reason to spank a kid is because it is the best form of discipline you can come up with. I think it speaks to a real lack of creativity.

I was spanked as a kid, and I don't think it did me any long term damage. My father spanked my brother ane me when we were bad, as did his father when we were bad there. Most of the bad behavior seemed to stem from me and my brother fighting or playing in a manner that destroyed things.

Now, my mothers fathers punishments were out of this world awesome. They were highly effective and taught us to think and learn.

If we were fighting or playing destructively, he would calmly tell us to get in his car, end he would drive us either to a track or a lake that had a path around it and he would have have us run or jog until we were exhausted. Sometimes he would just have us run windsprints. After he had done this several times, all the had to do if we were starting to get out of control was holler out, "It's sure nice outside, you boys want to head out to the track?
I think your grandpa did good cooks. But sometimes there's no time for that, you give the spanking and then it's over and done, life goes on and you go back to doing what you had to do.

I think your grandpa did good cooks. But sometimes there's no time for that, you give the spanking and then it's over and done, life goes on and you go back to doing what you had to do.

You can make a kid do 100 jumping jacks in less time than it takes to effectively and thoughfully spank them. And you can do that anywhere. Try delivering an effective spanking in the middle of a Target.

You can not give me any situation where I could not come up with at least a couple consequences that are quicker to deliver, as well as more appropriate and effective at modifying behavior than spanking. Spanking is a tool for the lazy mind.

Very niiice. I'm going to print that article.

One of my son's first phrases was, "Suplex City!"

The kid is going to kick my ass someday, I am sure, but I will make him earn it.

That's great, At the rate my 9 year old is progressing, I'd say I have about 5 more years before she gives me trouble.

My 4 year old will be able to take me out in 6 month's I'd say. She's terrifying. She has a meaner nature to begin with and she is battle hardened by a sister who is 5 years older than her. She goes into bezerker mode and she only goes after the soft places (eyes, nostrils, and balls). If I manage to cover those areas up she will go into wet willy mode which forces me to defend the ears, and she will immediately go after the more tender area I just left exposed.

It is kind of crazy that a state still believes it should be legal for a parent to give consent to a third party to beat their children. Even crazier that it should be okay to do with government funding.

i've talked to a few parents who wish schools would paddle their kids, this way they get disciplined and when they grow up, they'll just hate on the teacher and not the parents, so it's win/win really.

I often wonder, as someone who converted to Buddhism to a young age, and grew up hating and eventually trying to understand Christianity (and frankly Jesus seems like a cool ass progressive) how Christians are so dismissive of certain very clearly fucked up parts of their scripture.

Also I never understood how Satan is the bad guy and the Judaic God is the good guy. Satan punishes people, God murders children.

"The Lord works in mysterious ways" can justify pretty much anything.

Back