Satanic Temple launches anti-school spanking campaign in Texas

I feel bad for what some schools have to deal with. Especially inner city schools with all the behavior problems. Spanking would be a good tool to have and it would keep some kids more in line.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Do you honestly think that spanking the kids of those crap parents will fly with them? You would hear about parents fighting teachers in massive numbers. Hell, I wouldn't let anyone besides me and my family to ever hit my kid, though I do not spank my kids anyway. Good parents generally will not have to hit anyone to have their point made clear.

I feel bad for what some schools have to deal with. Especially inner city schools with all the behavior problems. Spanking would be a good tool to have and it would keep some kids more in line.

So you should spank problem children at school who are probably only acting out because they get beaten at home? Makes perfect sense.

The war room posters who are always all "schools shouldn't be raising my kids or teaching them evolution!" are the same ones who say "oh yeah schools should be able to whoop a kids ass". You can't make this stuff up people.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Do you honestly think that spanking the kids of those crap parents will fly with them? You would hear about parents fighting teachers in massive numbers. Hell, I wouldn't let anyone besides me and my family to ever hit my kid, though I do not spank my kids anyway. Good parents generally will not have to hit anyone to have their point made clear.
Oh I know the inner city parents would be fighting the teachers. They don't bother to discipline their own kids, so they don't care. They stand by their kid when the kid cusses out the teachers. The inner city schools are a zoo sometimes.

I do spank, but I hardly have to do it. Probably cause we disciplined early on. Some kids have never seen discipline, and they do need corporal punishment to break their strong will to disobey.

I'm fine with schools doing it. And it typically has to get really bad for it to lead to school spankings.

I only heard of it a couple to a few times when I was in school. I did see one spanking, or attempted spanking in the hall way. The fat kid's but was like Neo, dodging every bullet.

So you should spank problem children at school who are probably only acting out because they get beaten at home? Makes perfect sense.

The war room posters who are always all "schools shouldn't be raising my kids or teaching them evolution!" are the same ones who say "oh yeah schools should be able to whoop a kids ass". You can't make this stuff up people.
If they are abused at home, and saw marks, I would not spank.

But my guess is most of the kids that need spankings are probably a lack of discipline at home.

Oh I know the inner city parents would be fighting the teachers. They don't bother to discipline their own kids, so they don't care. They stand by their kid when the kid cusses out the teachers. The inner city schools are a zoo sometimes.

I do spank, but I hardly have to do it. Probably cause we disciplined early on. Some kids have never seen discipline, and they do need corporal punishment to break their strong will to disobey.

I'm fine with schools doing it. And it typically has to get really bad for it to lead to school spankings.

I only heard of it a couple to a few times when I was in school. I did see one spanking, or attempted spanking in the hall way. The fat kid's but was like Neo, dodging every bullet.

Exactly, which even though YOU would be ok with it, it is a bad idea altogether. Just because you wouldn't be opposed to it, doesn't make it a good idea at all.

I spanked my 2 eldest sons when they were toddlers. I was/am a young parent, and just couldn't control myself, and had no idea how to be a good parent. I'm glad I grew as a person, and started listening to wiser people than myself, when it comes to discipline. Violence is short-lived, but certain non-violent punishments are far "worse", and have far better results than the momentary pain they will experience.

Exactly, which even though YOU would be ok with it, it is a bad idea altogether. Just because you wouldn't be opposed to it, doesn't make it a good idea at all.

I spanked my 2 eldest sons when they were toddlers. I was/am a young parent, and just couldn't control myself, and had no idea how to be a good parent. I'm glad I grew as a person, and started listening to wiser people than myself, when it comes to discipline. Violence is short-lived, but certain non-violent punishments are far "worse", and have far better results than the momentary pain they will experience.
I actually found that spanking works.

But don't do it in anger.

If you dont need to use it thats great

Do you get off on their flinching when you make sudden moves around them??? J/k

I discourage it, but would stop short of trying to make it illegal to give them a swat or two. If spanking works for you, hopefully it doesn't damage THEM in the long run. These are high stakes here.

Do you get off on their flinching when you make sudden moves around them??? J/k
Lol, no.

I spanked my then 3 year old a few months ago. He cried and then he told me "It didn't hurt! It didn't hurt!" Lol. I almost laughed in front of him. He's been very obedient to me since for the most part. He's a good kid but has some spunk, which is good.

I discourage it, but would stop short of trying to make it illegal to give them a swat or two. If spanking works for you, hopefully it doesn't damage THEM in the long run. These are high stakes here.
I think it has helped my kids. And I haven't had to do it much.

https://www.rt.com/usa/381318-satanic-temple-spanking-schools/

58cea571c361886e148b4577.jpg

Leave it to the Satanists to protect the children.
But what is going on with the spankings?
Just throw the kids out of class/school if they are not behaving.

Well, as a general rule, men spanking women while other women watch is OK with me. But I will have to agree with the devil worshipers on this one.

Male principles paddling female students while female PA's watch just seems a little pervy to me.

Don't knock Satanism. Their rules are pretty bad-ass:

1. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  2. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
  3. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
  4. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  5. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
  6. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  7. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  8. Do not harm little children.
  9. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  10. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
  11. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

I am glad you learned and grew. I played the field for a long time and married at 36. Had kids at 39. So I had excellent patience and almost complete mastery of my temper before my children were born. 99 times out of 100 I am able to modify behavior with nothing more than a stern look. The other one time out of 100 they either go to their rooms if the problem is whining or run laps around the house if the problem is anything other than whining.

If they are abused at home, and saw marks, I would not spank.

But my guess is most of the kids that need spankings are probably a lack of discipline at home.

That's not entirely true. Any psychologist will tell you that often times kids act out at school as a result of some trauma or hardship at home. Abuse (physical AND mental), stress of a divorce, financial hardships, unstable household etc all cause kids to act out at home. School should be a place where these kids can feel safe and encouraged instead of a place where they will get whooped with a paddle.

This is why some kids end up ditching school at a young age, turning to drugs, gangs or pretty crime very young. There's something at home they need to get away from, then the school treats them like crap so they can't go their either. So they just run the streets and go down that path. But if you would turn off Leave it to Beaver and venture outside your little podunk county and understand how people live and are dealing with the world else where you would understand this problem.

There hasn't been corporal punishment in schools in the last 18 years that I'm aware of.

They have cops that write tickets now.

Thanks Satan.

Spanking is a funny thing.

We never use spanking as discipline, but when my son and I wrestle, I sometimes swat him really hard, and he just laughs like a maniac and charges me. (He is two and a half.)

My friend spanks his kids for discipline, but he never hits them hard. I've seen him "spank" his son much more lightly than I "spank" my son when we are just playing. Yet his kid acts like he's been shot when he "gets a spanking."

I guess if there is a moral it is: if you have to spank your kids hard to discipline them, you're probably not doing it right. It should be the IDEA of discipline, not physical pain, that gets your point across.

Last edited:
Lol, no.

I spanked my then 3 year old a few months ago. He cried and then he told me "It didn't hurt! It didn't hurt!" Lol. I almost laughed in front of him. He's been very obedient to me since for the most part. He's a good kid but has some spunk, which is good.

I think it has helped my kids. And I haven't had to do it much.
I think it's best kept to a minimum. I was spanked like one or two times as a child. I learned my lesson. Now, if you have to do it regularly and the kid isn't learning the lesson, you are probably doing something wrong imo.

It's good for the parents to have that in their disciplinary arsenal, but should only be used in extreme situations.

That's not entirely true. Any psychologist will tell you that often times kids act out at school as a result of some trauma or hardship at home. Abuse (physical AND mental), stress of a divorce, financial hardships, unstable household etc all cause kids to act out at home. School should be a place where these kids can feel safe and encouraged instead of a place where they will get whooped with a paddle.

This is why some kids end up ditching school at a young age, turning to drugs, gangs or pretty crime very young. There's something at home they need to get away from, then the school treats them like crap so they can't go their either. So they just run the streets and go down that path. But if you would turn off Leave it to Beaver and venture outside your little podunk county and understand how people live and are dealing with the world else where you would understand this problem.
Your problem is that you see a spanking as violence.

Where I hand out spankings in looking at the long term goal here. And I do it with the right attitude. Because providing discipline with the right attitude (in love) is highly effective. If I just spank cause I'm all emotionally out of control, all pissed off and angry or I'm trying to prove something, yeah that's wrong.

We never use spanking as discipline, but when my son and I wrestle, I sometimes swat him really hard, and he just laughs like a maniac and charges me. (He is two and a half.)

My friend spanks his kids for discipline, but he never hits them hard. I've seen him "spank" his son much more lightly than I "spank" my son when we are just playing. Yet his kid acts like he's been shot when he "gets a spanking."

I guess if there is a moral it is: if you have to spank your kids hard to discipline them, you're probably not doing it right.

Outfuckingstanding!!!!!!!!!!!

What you are doing is called 'roughousing' and it is literally one of the best things you can do for your kid.

The physical and tactical tempo in which my 9 and 4 year old daughters 'roughouse' with me terrifies my wife and friends at times. But make no mistake- roughhousing is key

https://psychcentral.com/lib/6-benefits-of-roughhousing-for-kids/

This is just one of my favorites:

4. Roughhousing makes children ethical and moral.

Interestingly enough, the animals with the highest level of moral development also engage in the most play, especially physical play. One way we can measure moral behavior in animal play is by observing “self-handicapping,” when the stronger animal holds back his strength when playing with a weaker or smaller opponent. Humans do this too, and especially parents, when physically engaging with their children.

Write DeBenedet and Cohen:

When we roughhouse with our kids, we model for them how someone bigger and stronger holds back. We teach them self-control, fairness, and empathy. We let them win, which gives them confidence and demonstrates that winning isn’t everything. We show them how much can be accomplished by cooperation and how to constructively channel competitive energy so that it doesn’t take over.

My 9 year old is a yellow belt, and her leg kicks have gotten to the point that they are no longer fun to take in perpetuity. So if she comes up and plants 3 or 4 good ones on me and shows no sign of stopping, I will check one, which she really, really hates. She will scream in pain briefly and start to cry for a moment, prompting my wife to drop whatever she is doing and come running. Right as she is about to start scolding me for being too rough, the 9 year old is over it and tearing into me like a tasmanian devil. I love it.

I think it's best kept to a minimum. I was spanked like one or two times as a child. I learned my lesson. Now, if you have to do it regularly and the kid isn't learning the lesson, you are probably doing something wrong imo.

It's good for the parents to have that in their disciplinary arsenal, but should only be used in extreme situations.
I could see it used more often on the very strong willed child. The child that's defiant. I don't happen to have one of those kids.

You want to break the defiant, disrespectful strong will, but you don't want to break the child's spirit.

I guess if there is a moral it is: if you have to spank your kids hard to discipline them, you're probably not doing it right. It should be the IDEA of discipline, not physical pain, that gets your point across.
I think for some kids, it has to hurt.

For others, it doesn't. Sometimes my kids have cried because they know they did wrong, that I love them and I was disappointed in them. I still give them the spanking though.

Back