Sarah Sanders to depart the White House?

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sarah Sanders, Raj Shah planning to depart the White House
CBS News said:
Two of the most visible members of the Trump administration are planning their departures, the latest sign of upheaval in a White House marked by turmoil.

Press secretary Sarah Sanders and principal deputy press secretary Raj Shah are both heading for the exits, according to sources inside the White House and close to the administration. Sanders, who has become a confidante of President Trump since the departure of former communications director Hope Hicks, has told friends that she plans to leave the administration at the end of the year.

Shah is also considering his exit, but he has not yet settled on an exact date. Neither Sanders nor Shah responded to repeated requests for comment before this story was published. When reached Wednesday evening, both declined to comment on the record, and Sanders tweeted that she is "honored to work for @POTUS."
I left the link in that quote box to the story that Sanders "doesn't deny" the story. The confusion stems from this tweet:

That CBS article went on:
Numerous staffers have left the White House over the last several months, some voluntarily and others having been forced out. Those departures include Hicks; Jared Kushner's top communications aide, Josh Raffel; homeland security adviser Tom Bossert; National Security Council spokesman Michael Anton; Trump personal aide John McEntee; director of White House message strategy Cliff Simms; communications aide Steven Cheung; congressional communications director Kaelan Dorr; assistant press secretary Natalie Strom; and deputy director of media affairs Tyler Ross.
It also mentions this intellectual, Kathryn Dunn Tenpas, who works at the prestigious, liberal Brookings Institution and her work:
"If the White House were a private-sector business", Tenpas said the level of turnover among senior staffers would result in the "stock and shareholders ... going nuts."
So I googled her and found this article from their depot:
Why is Trump’s staff turnover higher than the 5 most recent presidents?

This might be the lamest thing I've ever said, but I like Sarah. She was boring. She was patient. She was good at the damage control aspect of the job. It settled things down.

Hopefully the WH press corps is getting ahead of itself here, and this is "fake news". If not, this President needs to get a damn grip on his Communications wing. How many Press Secretaries and Comm Directors are we at, now?

Being press secretary for a US president is an arduous and thankless task. Being press secretary for Donald Trump much more so I imagine. I think she's done a good job thus far. Press secretaries seem to have a notably shorter shelf life than most other administration officials, usually just a few years, but hopefully she'll last another year or two.

But yeah, Trump's turnover is something else.

I mean you can only go to work every day and intentionally lie/say no comment for so long.

I have no problem with Sanders she is doing ok all things considered.
But I would fire her ass immediately if that means we get back the mooch.

So both CBS and Donald Trump don't inform her about anything?

tbh she has an impossible job. Trump is the most inconsistent and temperamental politician I have ever seen. There can be a stance on a issue in the morning and just before she goes up there he sees something on twitter and reacts to it and completely change stance and you are running around trying to adopt to that stance.

Idk why but this reminded me of Dave Chappelle

I can't believe so many of you are defending this lying bitch. Everytime she gets on that podium she insults our intelligence

I have nothing to add to this, other than to say that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is 35 years old. THIRTY FIVE. She's 30 fucking 5, folks. She's younger than Beyonce.

This is a 35 year old woman:

screen-shot-2017-10-30-at-10-45-34-pm.png

Being press secretary for a US president is an arduous and thankless task. Being press secretary for Donald Trump much more so I imagine. I think she's done a good job thus far. Press secretaries seem to have a notably shorter shelf life than most other administration officials, usually just a few years, but hopefully she'll last another year or two.

But yeah, Trump's turnover is something else.

Rumor is she's out by year end.

I have nothing to add to this, other than to say that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is 35 years old. THIRTY FIVE. She's 30 fucking 5, folks. She's younger than Beyonce.

Yes, she's ugly. We've heard. She's also quick on her feet and maintains her composure well.

Meh. She's a frumpy chubby lady. They can't all be Beyonce.

Regardless of your political leaning, she does a good job.

I'm confused as to the hostility people have for her. After all, it's not her decisions she is explaining. She is not create policy. She simply answers questions about the policies that are being established.

Reporter: "Don't you feel empathy towards___?"

Sanders: "It's not about me."

I thought she was 45.

she's looking for a raise

and she deserves it. not many people are
morally bankrupt enough to do the job

Back