Social Sarah Huckabee Sanders asked to leave restaurant by owner

Should the owner have asked Sanders to leave?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude, don't go down that road. It's wrong when the right does it, it's wrong when the left does it. You start scrambling over who's just a bad person, everyone loses. You're a decent person on the left, I'm a decent person on the right, let's argue that, don't start scrapping over who's less that human or "Trumptards" or "libtards". You're walking the line currently, please stop.
<Fedor23>

I don't see any merit of refusing paying customers just because they are of different political views. They should just do their job and leave politics to where it belongs.

I do however wonder how keen I'd be to eat at restaurants if I was a polarizing public figure. It would seem to be running a significant risk of pathetic people doing disgusting things to the food.

I voted no, but is their restaurant and I feel if it's privately owned they're free to do whatever, also free to suffer the consequences of those decisions.

Probably not a good look for the restaurant overall, or a good business decision. I don't get the logic behind kicking people out of your restaurant that are going to spend a good amount of money, based on political affiliation of all things.

I'm not your parent, so do what you want, but don't let this place get you to a weird spot. I've seen you go from run of mill leftist to "white people ruined the world" in like the last year. You're above identity politics, so don't do it.

I'm just *wipes tears away from eyes* beside myself at the lack of decorum and civility in politics these days.

I'm not your parent, so do what you want, but don't let this place get you to a weird spot. I've seen you go from run of mill leftist to "white people ruined the world" in like the last year. You're above identity politics, so don't do it.
Run of the mill? I'm insulted.

They have the right to ask her but not to force her.

For the idiots trying to equate this to the baker who refused service to a gay couple, you are way off the mark. Being gay doesn't affect your life in the least but being the Mount of Sauron for this fucked up administration certainly does.

latest

Run of the mill? I'm insulted.
Dunno, I got a dose of reality recently when my grandmother died. It occurred to me that people should stop trying to be "revolutionary" and just go about their lives. My granny used to get up at 5am during the depression to do farm chores and used to get an apple for Christmas. "Progress" isn't a thing, it's everyone doing the best for themselves that improves a society. This applies to the left moreso than the right, STOP TRYING TO TELL EVERYONE ELSE HOW TO LIVE! Do what you think is best, and that seriously solves everything.

Im sure the ceo cares about what i have to say. Not like he has time to hear it with his head being so far up blm’s asses.

Maybe when he comes up for air ill be able to sort his choices out for him.
Sounds like your beef is with him and therefore irrelevant.

I'm just *wipes tears away from eyes* beside myself at the lack of decorum and civility in politics these days.
The irony is predictable, sad, and delicious, all at the same time, like hypocrisy nachos.

I didn't accuse anyone.

When the people refused to bake a cake, what happened to them?

When Starbucks kicked out two guys loitering, what happened?

Now what do you think will happen here?
lol...stop trying so hard.
LOL logic is apparently just completely over your head. Never mind.

The 'right' can feel rightfully upset at this just as the 'left' can feel rightfully upset at the bakery.

The difference is that no one on the right is calling for this to be illegal. they're just pointing out that it's shitty. That's the difference.

slightly different situations though. The bakery was willing service just not to make a cake directly for a gay wedding. It would be similar as if sarah wanted a meal that had pro trump written on it. Or if you want to reverse it, it would be like if a bakery or restaurant said no service to gays in any capacity. For the record i disagree with both but support the right for both to do as they wish since its privately owned companies.

They went for a wedding cake, they didn't go there for anything else, that was the service they wanted. It would be like you going to a bar for a beer and them saying we don't serve beer to your kind but I will sell you all the soda and peanuts you want. And again, Sanders just isn't just some Jane Doe conservative, she is the press secretary for the POTUS.

Last edited:
Who gives a shit, plenty of other places to eat, I bet the normal Americans boycott that Aholes place..

I guess you can boil it down to the idea of being forced to perform a service you don't wish to do. I was just saying the act of serving sanders required the same work as any other customer. You may not agree with the baker but they likely saw making a gay wedding cake as immoral.

My point was just that if you are for showing a level of decency to opposing viewpoints, it should carry over even to the situations you don't like. I find it really disturbing people want to either play off or celebrate that this happened. It isn't healthy for political discourse when you slowly begin telling a party they are allowed to devalue opposition in settings like this.

I agree with your second point, though I disagree with your first point for my previously stated reasons.

What if they do bake you a cake4breakfast? Hey just because you have cake on your username doesn't mean you can eat one too.

I don't need them to bake me a cake, all the right wingers' girls makes them for me whenever I sleep over.<{UberTS}>

Last edited:
Back