Santa Cruz vs Frampton July 30 Barclays

giphy.gif

I thought LSC handled Mares, really backed up why people are so high on him, and if that's the way he comes out vs Frampton, I don't see it going well for Jackal B.

I think Frampton has the ability to outbox him and win on points but I think it will come down to if he has enough power to keep LSC off him and walk him into traps. If he can't and LSC can cut off the ring and walk him down it will be a long night for Carl.

Even though many boxing fans and experts expect a close fight between Carl Frampton and Leo Santa Cruz, that shouldn't be the case. This is because Carl Frampton has a fighting style where he likes to repeatedly faint with the left jab in order to get his opponents to move closer to the ropes. Which allows him to severely restrict the movement of his opponents since they haven't developed a habit of constantly using their lateral movement and/or learned how to cut angles to get off the ropes. As a result, his opponents usually stand in place for twenty to thirty seconds at a time and covering up or ducking down in an effort to avoid getting hit by the punches. This gives him the opportunity to throw the straight right without the fear of the opponent moving back and potentially landing a counter. If the opponent ducks down in an effort to avoid the straight right he will throw a left hook to the body to make them realize that ducking down does not get you out of the danger zone thus it forces the opponent to choose the lesser of two evils.

However, this type of fighting style will not work against Leo Santa Cruz since he is the type of fighting who is use to fighting within close quarters. For instance, against Abner Mores Leo used his left jab as a decoy to get Mores to cover up and stand in one place as he moving forward to get in the pocket. Once he achieves that he starts to throw hooks to the body to begin the process of wearing down Mores. Due to his preference of fighting within close quarters, there are going to be many rounds where Leo will allow Frampton to take control of the ring because he knows that Frampton likes to corner his opponents on the ropes which means the fight will take place within close quarters. While Frampton is going to be thinking this is the best possible outcome it is actually the worst because he is not used to his opponents fighting back from the ropes. This is because every time he throws a straight right he will leave his body wide open for counter hooks to the body which will zap him of some energy that he will need in the later rounds thus Leo will pull away during the second half of the fight.
http://disabledsports.sportsblog.co...ruz.html?_ga=1.156570303.527507889.1453493074

Fun fight!

LSC will probably pull off the win. Frampton's gonna have an uphill battle in front of him.

Can Frampton pull of the upset? I don't think so, the vicious majesty LSC showed vs Mares just tore him out of the competitions league imo and Carl's last fight, where he flagged in the final third, doesnt bode well for this one.

Paulie's open letter to Boxing.

Rabchenko- 153.5
Harrison- 153.5

Frampton- 125
LSC- 125.5

That's okay. I think Santa Cruz's volume will overcome Loma's speed and superior boxing. We all saw, in the Mares fight, that Santa Cruz's boxing is underrated. I love this fight btw.

Nah. Lomachenko has volume too he just doesn't really need to use it that often. He has cardio for days and if he really got into a scrap with a high volume guy he'd be able to fire back with equal volume but he's a lot slicker so his opponent would come off worse as Lomachenko would out angle him with his superb footwork. I don't see anything but a win for Lomachenko if they match up. Good fight for the fans though.

I think LSC takes Frampton and beats him by a fairly one sided unanimous points decision.

I'm personally more excited for Garcia's comeback tomorrow he was dominate and entertaining and nothing i wonder what happened to him glad he is back.

Card starts at 4 PST/ 5 MST/ 6 CST/ 7 EST on ShoEx.

Paulie-Bracero, Redkach-Farmer.

Back