Sanabul battle forged

shawn81

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
These are a newer glove out with decent reviews. Anyone try em? Anyone know where they are made?

I use fairtex now bvg1. Didn't like the od green fairtex pair (I punched through)

IMG_1371.JPG

Well I ordered em. I'll try em and give a review

$50
Free shipping
16%ooff with code "champ16"

Well I received em today. Damn that was fast. I got a 16oz pair and my coach got a 14oz pair. They come packaged nice in a bag. Not that it matters but it doesn't hurt.

I was gonna go to Bjj tonight but that may change now

Good padding and wrist support. Not real leather but still quality. Light weight. after I use em a bit more I put up something in the gear review area

Good padding and wrist support. Not real leather but still quality. Light weight. after I use em a bit more I put up something in the gear review area

Tried a friend's paid last night...he's got the brown ones from that pic you posted. Within 10 seconds of mittwork, I hated them.

I currently use Top King Air 10s and had Top King 14s prior to that. The padding on the Sanabuls didn't feel that dense (reminded me of cloth/foam shinguards) and I felt like there was no wrist support/padding whatsoever in comparison...not sure if these gloves are supposed to be for MT or boxing.

On top of that, the thumb isn't stitched/attached to the rest of the glove and the shape isn't a natural one conducive to forming a fist (had to focus on punching and not jamming my thumb).

Maybe I'm just a gear snob but I wouldn't recommend them at all to anyone...besides the design, I just don't see that padding lasting a long time and your sparring partners/hands are going to hate you for it.

Tried a friend's paid last night...he's got the brown ones from that pic you posted. Within 10 seconds of mittwork, I hated them.

I currently use Top King Air 10s and had Top King 14s prior to that. The padding on the Sanabuls didn't feel that dense (reminded me of cloth/foam shinguards) and I felt like there was no wrist support/padding whatsoever in comparison...not sure if these gloves are supposed to be for MT or boxing.

On top of that, the thumb isn't stitched/attached to the rest of the glove and the shape isn't a natural one conducive to forming a fist (had to focus on punching and not jamming my thumb).

Maybe I'm just a gear snob but I wouldn't recommend them at all to anyone...besides the design, I just don't see that padding lasting a long time and your sparring partners/hands are going to hate you for it.

My buddy has a pair. Feels just like fairtex/twins. Thumb is attached, majorly attached haha. Check out the pictures. Hes had his pair for over a year now and trains about 3 days a week. Hes a traditional thai guy and said the Sanabul padding is actually softer and more comfortable

Back