Social San Francisco gets 16000 complaints about public defecation in a week

Factor in cost of living and California has the highest poverty rate in the country. Worse than Louisiana and Alabama.
factor in all the money we have to pay in federal taxes to keep Louisiana and Alabama solvent, we could solve that real quick if we seceded.

It has nothing to do with the increase of people lmao. Tokyo is like 20 million people with twice the population density and has none of that shit. It's because you don't enforce drug laws and other crimes. Any other city would look the exact same if they de facto legalized hard drugs and public camping and nudity. People aren't shooting up heroin at bus stops because of a population increase. They do it because they know they won't go to jail.

i obviously know that it's not simply the increase of people. i was saying that the increase of people in conjunction with the same politics and not enforcing drug laws is causing the spreading of this to other parts of the city. hope that made my earlier post clearer.

No; individual US cities and states have more ability to regulate themselves than they do in other countries. We're designed as a confederation of states, not necessarily as an overarching country, though that's changed. It's kind of like what if some city in France had this problem back when you were in the EU; you'd have laughed.

I don't really see the equivalency. Yes, I'd probably have laughed at France.... but a trade agreement doesn't make us the same country. I don't share any kind of nationalism or patriotism with the French. We've had more wars with them than you can count on your fingers and toes.

Your country starts with the word "United." It doesn't matter who you blame - you could blame the homeless for being human trash or you could blame the politicians for being shit and corrupt, but you should still have sympathy towards your fellow countrymen who have to put up with shit in their streets.

In this thread: A bunch of people from flyover states that contribute nothing to the union trying to hate on a city that actually is an economic powerhouse.

we have cities with larger economies than your entire state. Come talk to me when you don't need our welfare.
what state is that?

you probably also have cities with more human feces on the street than some entire states do aswell

For those of you who find San Fran expensive, might I recommend a visit to Vancouver?

I just like how shitlibs like to tout California money, large economy in the world etc. you'd think they'd be swimming in money and be able to tackle the problem, but look how shithole it is.

qDxfXgc.png

The problem is the more services you provide for the homeless, the more homeless you get flocking to your city. Do you think all these people want to work? There's a certain reason why they've fallen or are unable to function in normal society, it's not because there are no jobs in the city? You see those Hispanic guys waiting out in front of Home Depot... those people want to work. You see those Asian people collecting cans, they don't have a real job but they're doing something to make money. You see guys on the street corner with signs begging, they want a handout, not work. In order to function in normal society you have to work and contribute to it. You can give them a roof, they're still not going to work. Giving them housing won't fix shit, many of them won't work period because why work 8+ hours a day and deal with so many rules when sit on the street corner for a couple hours and get food/drug money for the rest of the day. They're people that for whatever reason can't function in normal society. In the 1800's these people would have died off and been forgotten but in the 2000's we have so many free services and people giving away money, that they can continue to live this way.

what that map is representing, is the spreading of this filth from outside the tenderloin neighborhood, and out to nob hill, northern mission, and starting to affect hayes valley.
SOMA used to be the worse. I've seen people shitting right in the middle of Russ alley. I don't know what it's like these days but the fecal matter used to be TL, SOMA, downtown, and you'd see it in the Mission too.

It's interesting seeing non-SFers interpret this. 95% of the city is fecal free. It's not like the whole place is turd covered but it was one of the first things I noticed when I moved here.

Is it worse than the '90s? I don't venture into those neighborhoods these days

SOMA used to be the worse. I've seen people shitting right in the middle of Russ alley. I don't know what it's like these days but the fecal matter used to be TL, SOMA, downtown, and you'd see it in the Mission too.

It's interesting seeing non-SFers interpret this. 95% of the city is fecal free. It's not like the whole place is turd covered but it was one of the first things I noticed when I moved here.

Is it worse than the '90s? I don't venture into those neighborhoods these days

yeah, soma used to be pretty bad. but with the influx of gentrification into the area, it has cleaned up a ton. lots of new apartments, lofts, restaurants and bars, etc.

not sure how it was in the 90's. i'm sure it was pretty bad then as well, before the i.t. folks moved in and put in a ton of money into the city, and the desire for everyone else to want to live there.

yeah, soma used to be pretty bad. but with the influx of gentrification into the area, it has cleaned up a ton. lots of new apartments, lofts, restaurants and bars, etc.

not sure how it was in the 90's. i'm sure it was pretty bad then as well, before the i.t. folks moved in and put in a ton of money into the city, and the desire for everyone else to want to live there.
The scene at food not bombs in the 90s was straight out of Mad Max. Seems tame these days.

I guess my point is there has been shit in the city streets as long as I've been here and it seemed pretty well established when I arrived and located in particular places.

I come to sherdog and it seems like some new problem that keeps getting worse. I don't go to the TL or SOMA anymore but I haven't noticed it as worse or new.

The scene at food not bombs in the 90s was straight out of Mad Max. Seems tame these days.

I guess my point is there has been shit in the city streets as long as I've been here and it seemed pretty well established when I arrived and located in particular places.

I come to sherdog and it seems like some new problem that keeps getting worse. I don't go to the TL or SOMA anymore but I haven't noticed it as worse or new.

the tl has always been bad, that's for sure. the other neighborhoods have improved, so maybe with the tl becoming overcrowded, and the, "cleaned up" areas now becoming dirty again, has caused people to forget how it used to be not too long ago. i dunno, i just try to put it out of my mind.

The problem is the more services you provide for the homeless, the more homeless you get flocking to your city. Do you think all these people want to work? There's a certain reason why they've fallen or are unable to function in normal society, it's not because there are no jobs in the city? You see those Hispanic guys waiting out in front of Home Depot... those people want to work. You see those Asian people collecting cans, they don't have a real job but they're doing something to make money. You see guys on the street corner with signs begging, they want a handout, not work. In order to function in normal society you have to work and contribute to it. You can give them a roof, they're still not going to work. Giving them housing won't fix shit, many of them won't work period because why work 8+ hours a day and deal with so many rules when sit on the street corner for a couple hours and get food/drug money for the rest of the day. They're people that for whatever reason can't function in normal society. In the 1800's these people would have died off and been forgotten but in the 2000's we have so many free services and people giving away money, that they can continue to live this way.

Simple translation: Put out cheese and the rats will come.

I know what sodomy is; not too sure what gomorrahy is.

The gays you speak of will attack your white trash enclave sooner than later. Be very afraid, pray the gay away!

As conservatives, it's tempting to laugh at San Fransisco as an example of failed liberal leadership, but these are Americans suffering and its truly sad.

Back