San Diego's homeless problem: 1 tent to rule them all.

I've been in San Diego all week at the Comic Con. I'm helping a life time buddy with his business out here at the show. He has a popping booth.

The city is fucking beautiful and I haven't seen more than 3 homeless people.
Head up to Old Town

Anyone living in San Diego has at one point or another come accross the many tent cities comprise of homeless people. Well business leaders have come up with a solution to the problem: set up large industrial size tents that hold up to 250 residents. The only question is where are these tents going to go?

Sounds to me like an attempt to sweep the problem of homelessness under the rug, so downtown businesses can get back to making money. Kind of reminds me of the Wire where they centralized all the drug users into one area

https://www.google.com/amp/s/timeso...leaders-announce-plan-pay-homeless-tents/amp/

I say make a nice big government run commune in the middle of nowhere and ship them off, same as welfare recipients.

Hey them at least planting their own food and off their ass.

Anyone living in San Diego has at one point or another come accross the many tent cities comprise of homeless people. Well business leaders have come up with a solution to the problem: set up large industrial size tents that hold up to 250 residents. The only question is where are these tents going to go?

Sounds to me like an attempt to sweep the problem of homelessness under the rug, so downtown businesses can get back to making money. Kind of reminds me of the Wire where they centralized all the drug users into one area

https://www.google.com/amp/s/timeso...leaders-announce-plan-pay-homeless-tents/amp/

• The Burning of the Sick and Poor

Vlad Dracula was very concerned that all his subjects work and contribute to the common welfare. He once notice that the poor, vagrants, beggars and cripples had become very numerous in his land. Consequently, he issued an invitation to all the poor and sick in Wallachia to come to Tirgoviste for a great feast, claiming that no one should go hungry in his land. As the poor and crippled arrived in the city they were ushered into a great hall where a fabulous feast was prepared for them. The guests ate and drank late into the night. Vlad himself then made an appearance and asked them, "What else do you desire? Do you want to be without cares, lacking nothing in this world?" When they responded positively Vlad ordered the hall boarded up and set on fire. None escaped the flames. Vlad explained his action to the boyars by claiming that he did this "in order that they represent no further burden to other men, and that no one will be poor in my realm."

Yeah but down by the nice parts of gas lamp where everyone hangs out I haven't seen more than 1-2.

I don't wanna go to old town
I was just in San Diego and made a thread about how many homeless were there. They probably move them for ComiCon. Old Town itself is actually pretty cool i recommend checking it out. The surrounding area is a dump though

I've been in San Diego all week at the Comic Con. I'm helping a life time buddy with his business out here at the show. He has a popping booth.

The city is fucking beautiful and I haven't seen more than 3 homeless people.

You are inside Comic Con or just outside? How long ago did you have to book tickets?

The Bum in the South!

latest

I am with you. I hope I can come to SoCal before summer is over. But I have so many projects at work.

Im working for the week but there is still down time and I'm really enjoying myself out here.

La Jolla is just the ultimate place though.

You are inside Comic Con or just outside? How long ago did you have to book tickets?

Inside. My buddy has a booth this year. Honestly it's so much work I'm surprised people do this every year. Still having a good time though.

Also I was told 9000 people slept outside over night to see the Avengers panel today.

Our booth is located right near where a lot of Warner bros productions have their auto graph signings. Spielberg was here today. I couldn't believe they got someone as big as him.

The cast of justice league also here signing. Game of thrones. Etc etc Etc. all 20 feet from us. It's a madhouse

Inside. My buddy has a booth this year. Honestly it's so much work I'm surprised people do this every year. Still having a good time though.

Also I wa stole 9000 people slept outside over night to see the Avengers panel today.

Our booh is located right near where a lot of Warner bros productions have their auto graph signings. Spielberg was here today. I couldn't believe they got someone as big as him.

The cast of justice league also here signing. Game of thrones. Etc etc Etc. all 20 feet from us. It's a madhouse

What is the booth for? Is your friend an animator with his own line of comics?

What is the booth for? Is your friend an animator with his own line of comics?

He is a seller of collectibles and toys. Everything thing from Funko, dragon ball Z, Bandai toys, wall art, mugs, you name it.

His booth was sponsored by a company he works with and sells their products.

It's almost impossible to get a booth here. I think the company spent 7Grand to get this spot. He shipped out pallets of collectibles from New Jersey, where we live.

It's fun but so much work it isn't even funny. You're on your feet under those lights 14 hours a day. It's a bit of a grind and I can now see how these conventions must wear on sellers and artists after years doing it

He's def selling lots of stuff but I think it's hard to make money at these things. It's a way to get your name out there. Plus it's a write off at the end of the year

Old town itself is pretty cool. The surrounding area is not

I haven't been up there yet.

Gaslamp is awesome and a lot of fun. Loaded with babes and great restaurants. Had a very nice meal at Donovan's Thursday night. La Jolla is just unreal. I love everyThing about it. Plus some of the other spots were really great as well.

Sounds like a band-aid treatment for a complex issue. The US should spend more money on mental health care and getting these people working and contributing to society again instead of just putting them somewhere out of sight and mind.

I haven't been up there yet.

Gaslamp is awesome and a lot of fun. Loaded with babes and great restaurants. Had a very nice meal at Donovan's Thursday night. La Jolla is just unreal. I love everyThing about it. Plus some of the other spots were really great as well.
Yep all true i was just there. I recommend the maritime museum in San Diego. You get to go into a huge mid 18 hundreds freight ship, a cold war era russia submarine and an american submarine along with other stuff. Its only like $25 if i remember. Old Town is a lot of funky shops and mexican restaurants.

Yep all true i was just there. I recommend the maritime museum in San Diego. You get to go into a huge mid 18 hundreds freight ship, a cold war era russia submarine and an american submarine along with other stuff. Its only like $25 if i remember. Old Town is a lot of funky shops and mexican restaurants.

Dude I ate at some great Mexican spot in La Jolla last night. Wish I could remember the name.

The margaritas and tacos were so damn good. Plus it was open and the weather is just unreal. I love it there. Everything about it. The hills, the cliffs, the architecture style and decor of the homes. The small shops all over, the restaurants. It's really an amazing place.

I was contemplating buying a 2 family and renting out one part of it and living in the other. Wondering if estate is a fortune in la Jolla but I live in an expensive area of Jersey, Which is shit weather all year and traffic.

Back