San Diego vs. Sharia

in 2015, san diego county resettled refugees at the same rate as Germany, one per roughly 1000 residents

it's not in our imaginations playa

I live in San Diego county. As far as big cities go it is fairly conservative, especially for California. The mayor of San Diego is Kevin Faulconor, a Republican. 2/5 of our Congessional Representatives are Republican, Duncan Hunter Jr. and Darrel Issa, who are both solid conservatives. We used to have three Republican reps until some sheisty gerrymandering by the dems.

This isn't because of the culture of San Diego, it's because of emerging demographics. San Diego has one of the largest Middle Eastern populations in the US, also many Somalis. That's most likely why CAIR is launching this initiative here. They are anticipating that the large ME/Somali community will provide built in support as well as banking on politicians and school administrators calculating that it's best not to stand on the opposing side of a growing community that is fairly organized, tight knit, and insular, not to mention well funded. They say as California goes, so goes the Nation. If this is implemented here it will gain traction in other places.

The main problem is that the descendants of the whites who founded and built this country won't get the same privilege. Our culture, history, and heroes are being marginalized, slandered, and torn down with no consideration to our sentiments. The trend is to diminish, remove, and replace our contributions while lionizing and celebrating those of others. What's worse, is white children are being indoctrinated specifically to feel guilt and shame about who they are. To those downplaying this, you need to understand it's progressivism. With this measure they are getting what they can get now, but they won't stop there. If they establish this the goal posts will continue to move in that direction until they can get a little more, with this as the precedent. Other groups will follow suit and the fabric of the American experience will be further cut to pieces.

In the area I live the Middle Eastern population went from low single digits to an approaching plurality in my lifetime (30 years). It's tough to say exactly what the demographics are because Arabs are counted as white, they may be the biggest population already. Where I live most Middle Easterners are Chaldean so it's tough to say what kind of support they'll throw behind this measure that specifically promotes the interests of Islam, given the history between Muslims and Christians in the Middle East. As is often the case, the biggest source of hostility towards these refugee/immigrant groups are other refugee/immigrant groups. If this measure was wrapped up in a broader Middle Eastern cultural/historical measure the Chaldean's would probably be more enthusiastic but that may not be necessary. You still hear people droning on about the Chargers moving to LA, but these types of issues don't really seem to peak the interest of a very large percentage of the population.

San Diego could easily be the pearl of the world, but alas, I lament we are going in the wrong direction. The demographic writing is being etched upon the proverbial wall. San Diego will eventually fall politically to the globalist minded, anti-White, cultural marxist left, and the work of snuffing out the remnants of European civilization will be ramped up, gleefully proclaimed, and triumphantly celebrated. Simply "getting out of liberal cities" doesn't do anything to solve the problems. Sure, you can insulate yourself in the short term, but it's only a matter of time before they've chased you down again.

Interesting.

Unrelated but something I also find interesting about San Diego is the Mexican Americans there seem much more American than the Mexicans in Los Angeles.

It didn't. Only the white christian conservatives like to pretend that what the country once was.

First off, Democrats from the 50's would be considered conservative by today's standards (especially culturally), in the 50's the U.S. was 90% white, and given that the country is still mostly Christian it stands to reason that it was overwhelmingly Christian back then.

Starting in the 60's, with the start of the culture wars, the radical left started a policy of progressively nudging the culture and policies to the left. This was after the Frankfurt school set out to infiltrate universities, academia, media, Hollywood, etc or as they put it "the long march through the institutions."

Since then we've moved decidedly to the left as a Nation, not always explicitly as a voting citizenry, but progressively through Frankfurt school inspired cultural precedents.

Last edited:
First off, Democrats from the 50's would be considered conservative by today's standards (especially culturally), in the 50's the U.S. was 90% white, and given that the country is still mostly Christian it stands to reason that it was overwhelmingly Christian back then.

Starting in the 60's, with the start of the culture wars, the radical left started a policy of progressively nudging the culture and policies to the left. This was after the Frankfurt school set out to infiltrate universities, academia, media, Hollywood, etc or as they put it "the long march through the institutions."

Since then we've moved decidedly to the left as a Nation, not always explicitly a voting citizenry, but progressively through Frankfurt school inspired cultural precedents.

Many Democrats of the 50's would be considered conservatives by today's standard. Funny thing because may Republicans would of that time would be considered liberals. Back then the divide was more north vs south then Dems and GOP. It is also flawed to compare progressives of the past to today's standards. Remember, Teddy Roosevelt was a progressive of his time.

As far as being white and christian, true most people were back then, and still are. However since it's founding the US has had religious freedom. Schools and other government institutions have always made reasonable accommodations re religious beliefs.

Well this pro Islam crap is progressive. So I hope the citizens of San Diego tell these PC school administrators and politicians to take that pro Islam crap back to the middle east.

It's such a misrepresentation of the progressive view to pretend like we want Sharia or to bow down to Islam.

We want them to have the same rights as idiot Christians. No more. No less.

Since then we've moved decidedly to the left as a Nation, not always explicitly as a voting citizenry, but progressively through Frankfurt school inspired cultural precedents.

Just curious, do you also agree that the radical right started a policy of progressively nudging the culture and policies to the right?

Many Democrats of the 50's would be considered conservatives by today's standard. Funny thing because may Republicans would of that time would be considered liberals. Back then the divide was more north vs south then Dems and GOP. It is also flawed to compare progressives of the past to today's standards. Remember, Teddy Roosevelt was a progressive of his time.

As far as being white and christian, true most people were back then, and still are. However since it's founding the US has had religious freedom. Schools and other government institutions have always made reasonable accommodations re religious beliefs.

I'm not talking about progressivism as an ideology, I'm talking about progressivism as a tactic, being implemented by cultural marxists. I don't think I mentioned the word liberal in any of my posts, because cultural marxists and modern leftists aren't liberal.

I'm not talking about progressivism as an ideology, I'm talking about progressivism as a tactic, being implemented by cultural marxists. I don't think I mentioned the word liberal in any of my posts, because cultural marxists and modern leftists aren't liberal.

The idea that of progressiveness as a tactic is a fantasy from those that see the world changing and can't accept that change as something that would naturally happen.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2013/feb/22/san-diegos-somali-population-explained/

"How did such a large population of Somali refugees, the Nations second largest, end up in San Diego to begin with? With such a high cost of living...refugees who are expected to start from scratch with an $1,100 check from the U.S. government...family. The cornerstone of immigration especially for refugees is family unity."

I'm not sure exactly how many refugees have been settled in San Diego total or compared to other places, but it's certainly a fair amount. With a lot of struggling native US families, who could use help, I think it's definitely an issue to discuss.

Fair enough. I've personally never encountered large swaths of these people, although I don't get around City Heights very much - which according to the article seems to be where they are concentrated. Interesting that the article states that some of them came here as part of a military program to train Somali military and stayed after civil war broke out.

Nation building at it's finest.

The argument that Muslims come here to "escape" the shit holes of the Muslim world is completely debunked by the fact that when they get here, they immediately try to turn non-Muslim countries into the shit holes they came from.

It's also debunked by most muslims, who say no such thing and view this as an era of expansion rather than groveling 2nd class immigration. That entire narrative comes from your rachel maddow types. They are the preacher and the choir.

north park/college heights has a massive amount of Somalis
El Cajon has a lot of Iraqis that are muslim as well as Syrians, not just the chaldeans

also, per the SD UT
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...iraq-chaldean-saigon-2015oct07-htmlstory.html
3000 refugees per year, vast majority from Iraq

Well I stand corrected, but I will preface this by saying that it hardly seems like a huge problem - I'm all over most of San Diego, most of the time, and I've never personally bumped into these cauldrons of refugee hell. Maybe they are well contained, or maybe I'm just accidentally missing the wrong neighborhoods.

North Park is mostly gay white people, like a 'little San Francisco', imo.

Just curious, do you also agree that the radical right started a policy of progressively nudging the culture and policies to the right?

Yes, with regard to certain policies the right is trying to progressively move in the other direction. In many regards, I don't think the right has been very conservative. What have they worked to conserve? In my lifetime their policies can best be summed up by invade the world invite the world. They have championed mass immigration which has fundamentally altered the demographic fabric of the U.S. While simultaneously championing regime change and nation building. As Ron Paul would say, war is the least conservative thing. I hope that is starting to change.

Well I stand corrected, but I will preface this by saying that it hardly seems like a huge problem - I'm all over most of San Diego, most of the time, and I've never personally bumped into these cauldrons of refugee hell. Maybe they are well contained, or maybe I'm just accidentally missing the wrong neighborhoods.

North Park is mostly gay white people, like a 'little San Francisco', imo.
it is contained, you're absolutely right about that. Only reason I even noticed it was I lived right near North Park/Hillcrest/Kensington my last two years of school. And I go to my brothers in Lakeside now relatively often

But ya, not like you're having sharia protests in Pacific Beach or down in Fashion Valley. Of course not

my younger brother lives in lakeside, and he was wounded by insurgents in the Iraq War

he's not a huge fan of east county currently haha

Lakeside is mostly white trash city - it's as country as country gets in San Diego. Are you saying there are refugees there as well?

I mean if I didn't live here, it sure sounds like you guys are talking about this stuff like these people (refugees, Muslims) are crawling all over the place.

I don't know, seems very over-dramatic to me.

Lakeside is mostly white trash city - it's as country as country gets in San Diego. Are you saying there are refugees there as well?

I mean if I didn't live here, it sure sounds like you guys are talking about this stuff like these people (refugees, Muslims) are crawling all over the place.

no, but el cajon and santee are pretty bad. My aunt lives in Santee, and just doing through on the way to Lakeside it's pretty noticeable

It's even effecting the local school boards and city councils in that area

That microphone needed a pop filter. My ears x.x

The recent Somalian women immigrants didn't seem like bad people. Like, I wonder if they realize their kids are completely safe at school and that the liberal's rhetoric about their kids being "unsafe" at school is hyperbolic bullshit lol.

These people do the same thing regarding Germany and Sweden, acting like Muslims have just taken over and turned it into a Sharia nightmare that frightens police so much they don't even patrol the streets. It's absurd.

It's such a misrepresentation of the progressive view to pretend like we want Sharia or to bow down to Islam.

We want them to have the same rights as idiot Christians. No more. No less.
Then speak up and tell your fellow progressives to stop trying to pass these pro Islam stuff in the schools. I would stand with you on that.

I realize this may not be happening in your area though.

Then speak up and tell your fellow progressives to stop trying to pass these pro Islam stuff in the schools. I would stand with you on that.

What pro-Islam stuff are you talking about exactly? Care to present some examples of this? I haven't heard of it.

And how do you feel about keeping Christians from taking science and sex education out of schools because of their religious beliefs?

Back