San Diego... super cool to the homeless

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-hepatitis-outbreak-20170913-story.html

So there is a Hepitatis A outbreak in San Diego. Current death toll is 16 and 292 have been hospitalized.
This is a direct result of the city dragging their feet regarding providing proper facilities for the homeless.
The homeless crap on the sidewalks, and as a result... the Hep A out break.

If you remember my award winning "One tent to rule the all" thread, the city is now going to make the "super tent" idea happen. These industrial size tents will be complete with beds, showers, and restroom facilities. The city is already bleaching areas downtown to kill the Hep A, and installing hand washing facilities in various locations.

RIP San Diego

You can't sweep homelessness under the rug. It will come back to bite you. We either start killing off people or taking care of our people, but ignoring and doing nothing is not a viable option.

Drive them into the sea. It's the only sane plan.

You can't sweep homelessness under the rug. It will come back to bite you. We either start killing off people or taking care of our people, but ignoring and doing nothing is not a viable option.

Agreed. This is karma. Meanwhile the homeless population grows daily. This should have been nipped in the bud

I've got a better idea...the CSAC can sanction these bouts. Losers leave town (and go back to L.A.).

25576-the-best-of-bumfights-2-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

The homeless are coddled and all the bums across the world know where they will be taken care of.
After it turned out some illegal alien was deported 6 times to only come back to murder a citizen.

It sent a message to the world. Get to san fran, there is no law and order and you will be taken care of no matter what your status.

Just another example of liberal compassion doing more damage then good.

In my town centre in the UK it's full of homeless people. A third of shops are closed and their doors all either have homeless people in there or just have empty sleeping bags waiting for them.

I never saw a homeless person until well into my twenties but now they're all over the place. I blame the fact we have such a large population on such a small island and a struggling Keynesian economy to boot.

Odd, but this has become something important in my life. I volunteer to do community outreach as a police officer, for the homeless. I have been doing it for a while, and the first things that I noticed that changed, were getting to know some of the homeless and see them as "Mike" not some guy with a sign. I still get frustrated to see them everywhere and people giving them money which goes right into their veins or down their throat, whatever their addiction is. All of the homeless outreach advocates I work with feel the same way. Do. Not. Give. Them. Money.

They need shelter, a place for their belongings, food, water, medical treatment, and counseling. Many of those things are readily gifted to outreach groups to help. But the need is overwhelming the generosity. Another issue is "if you build it, they will come" which applies to homeless centers and programs. My city has one of the biggest homeless populations per population in the entire country. We have a lot of outreach support. Several shelters, housing, medical care, multiple food options, and decent cops that don't normally act like assholes. But, the more we help, the more homeless show up.

Salt Lake city, not exactly liberal, has had programs in place that keep homeless people off the street and in city run houses. They give them stipends, and help them with job assistance. Their homeless problem has decreased significantly. Within like 2 years of implementation, they dropped their chronic homelessness rate down by like 91 percent.

I made a thread about how many homeless were there last time i was in San Diego. Not surprised at this at all. They were everywhere

About 30 million jobs would probably help both wage growth, and the homeless problem.

Doesn't seem to be a priority in Washington though. We see a jobs report with 300 k growth for the quarter and they somehow pretend this is good news.

What's the plan? Automation is here. I keep hearing people say these jobs destroyed by technology will be replaced somehow.......well I'm waiting.......

Maybe San Diego Democrats likes to keep them around as token symbols of "oppression" in a city in which otherwise nobody is being oppressed by anything.

Salt Lake city, not exactly liberal, has had programs in place that keep homeless people off the street and in city run houses. They give them stipends, and help them with job assistance. Their homeless problem has decreased significantly. Within like 2 years of implementation, they dropped their chronic homelessness rate down by like 91 percent.
How many moved to a different city?

While I agree some people need to be taken care of, some of these people like living like this. I had a friend who's uncle was homeless. He would come around to collect his social security check and then take off for weeks at a time. He would come back with stories of fucking dogs and some of the wildest shit you've ever heard. My friends dad offered him a rent free mother-in-law apartment and he just said over and over how it wasn't for him.

About 30 million jobs would probably help both wage growth, and the homeless problem.

Doesn't seem to be a priority in Washington though. We see a jobs report with 300 k growth for the quarter and they somehow pretend this is good news.

What's the plan? Automation is here. I keep hearing people say these jobs destroyed by technology will be replaced somehow.......well I'm waiting.......

The .message is, Americans dont want any jobs now. They are all for foreigners

Back