San Diego guys- in town for a visit

Forceof1

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Anyone on the forum live in / around San Diego?

I'll be in town for a week (April 3rd - April 9th) and looking to sneak some training in. Early morning / later at night is preferred. I'll be staying in the Mission Valley area, but will have a vehicle.

I know there is a ton of big name gyms, but I don't necessarily need that (though if anyone at the University of JJ can hook a fella up, that is on my list for Wednesday night).

I'm a good natured hobbyist brown belt who will buy a beer afterwards.

Thanks in advance for any insight -

Erik

Victory over on Midway drive has 6:30am classes a work buddy does. Then The Arena a couple of blocks away right next to U of BJJ has early and late classes.

I'm busted up rehabbing now so just home PT short runs and biking for me.

Supposed to be real nice early week at least get over to Mission Bay and cruise the board walk.

god so much stuff there i think 2 best bjj citys n usa are san diego and nyc id personally go to arena solid solid fundamentals then you got baret yoshida... and others

I get that there is a lot of gyms- I'm asking if anyone on the board trains at one of them.

I train at 10th planet in Oceanside and its awesome. I go to Arena sometimes and that is also great. If you want, I work out with guys on my own if you need somewhere to train outside of schedule. Both Arena and 10p have early and late practices.

I train at 10th planet in Oceanside and its awesome. I go to Arena sometimes and that is also great. If you want, I work out with guys on my own if you need somewhere to train outside of schedule. Both Arena and 10p have early and late practices.

Thanks- would love the opportunity to train with you - not sure if I'll make it that far north unfortunately. Is a half hour drive actually a half hour drive in San Diego- or do I need to account for traffic (assuming so).

The 10th planet san diego is 4 miles from my hotel- might have to drop in there as well!

If you want to go to Clark Gracie’s I might be able to meet up to train there. I’m not out of his school but he’s a affiliate of ours and teaches a couple times a year at our school.

Bump-
I'll be at University of Jiu Jitsu Wednesday night April 4th for the BJJ library class taught by Saulo.
Thursday the 5th, and Monday the 9th I'll be hitting the 6am class at 10th planet San Diego by Richie Martinez.

If any sherdog bro's are going to be around- let me know- would like to say hi!

Just got back from there University of JiuJitsu was an awesome place. Great jiujitsu and everyone was very welcoming. White or Blue Gi only I believe wednesday night is comp class. Not sure if there are extra rules for visitors for them

Back