Samurai Vs Shaolin monk... who takes it?

^^^^^
Ok, ok I'll admit I also think the samurai sword is the best sword. :)

But I have absolutely no argument for that, kind of like you.

ahahahahahh! i mean... the samurai sword is swift, quick, sleek, and powerful. deadly combination there. and the simplicity of the movements that a samurai has.... makes it even more deadly.

ahahahahahh! i mean... the samurai sword is swift, quick, sleek, and powerful. deadly combination there. and the simplicity of the movements that a samurai has.... makes it even more deadly.

in the real world the sword is just a saber like every other curved single edged sword out there
all your descriptions of samurai and monks come out of movies not historical record
so what you are asking is do movie samurai beat movie shaolin monks the answer of course is is it a japanese ovie or a chinese movie

I read somewhere that samurais with swords were actually the simple foot soldiers, i.e. the cheap ones. The real cool ones were the mounted archers.
Don't know if it's true though.

I read somewhere that samurais with swords were actually the simple foot soldiers, i.e. the cheap ones. The real cool ones were the mounted archers.

Samurais, like europan knights, prefered to fight mounted, so they used spears a lot, and they were also great archers.

Same rule as today, the richer the person, the better their stuff. The richer/higher ranking samurai would've gotten the better quality swords. Those are most likely the swords that we see today.

The sword, similar to other cultures, were also symbols of authority. The higher ranking guys who'd own armor & horses would also probably get the best sword their money can buy.

The samurai on a horse with full battle armor and multiple weapons takes it.

On the feet the monk would probably act like a ninja, land a few blows then run away rather than try to fight the samurai toe to toe.

I think this is some kind of analogy thread, were boxing represents the samurai ie: battle tested. And TKD represents the flashy monk. I can't wait for the punch line of this thread.

Too Defensive said:
I think this is some kind of analogy thread, were boxing represents the samurai ie: battle tested. And TKD represents the flashy monk. I can't wait for the punch line of this thread.

it has more to do with martial arts that fighters actually use in the ring/cage.... and so call martial arts that are "too deadly for sports"

lets keep it real... a samurai would drag a shaolin monk from here to across the street and back.

history shows that samurai's have been in warfare for 100's of years... monks not so much.... but they do have flashy moves!!! great for movies!!

it has more to do with martial arts that fighters actually use in the ring/cage.... and so call martial arts that are "too deadly for sports"

There are very few actual monks around today but they do regularly train fighters to compete in their sanda tournaments.

Alexander Tao for example was a former priest who puts a lot of his boys in the art of war mma comps.

lets keep it real... a samurai would drag a shaolin monk from here to across the street and back.

history shows that samurai's have been in warfare for 100's of years... monks not so much.... but they do have flashy moves!!! great for movies!!

The shaolin monks engaged in warfare in ancient times or had priests who were former warriors. you may want to brush up on your history a bit

There are very few actual monks around today but they do regularly train fighters to compete in their sanda tournaments.

Alexander Tao for example was a former priest who puts a lot of his boys in the art of war mma comps.

The shaolin monks engaged in warfare in ancient times or had priests who were former warriors. you may want to brush up on your history a bit

thats where the "not so much" comes into play.

thats where the "not so much" comes into play.

you do realize that there where centuries where samurai didnt do any fighting and people got mad at how shitty the kendo got right?
you should really pick up a history book instead of getting your info on samurai from tom cruise movies

you do realize that there where centuries where samurai didnt do any fighting and people got mad at how shitty the kendo got right?
you should really pick up a history book instead of getting your info on samurai from tom cruise movies

thanks for the history lesson. who do you think is the superior warrior?

I was watching the deadliest warrior the elimination episode and they used Samurai instead of the Monk due to armor

thanks for the history lesson. who do you think is the superior warrior?

i'm pretty sure shaolin master killer i don't think i've ever seen any samurai with master killer in the name they don't give that title out to chumps

also shaolin dolemite is more badass than black samurai

Back