Sambo is the #1 Art for Ground N Pound. Sambo Practitioners completely outclass Wrestlers in GnP!!!

Clearly english isn't your first language. All is forgiven.

And my point stands. Fedor got dropped by Hendo when he should have used his size and strength advantage along with his sambo to take the fight to the ground. Hendo has great sub defense but Fedor could have kept him down.

Clearly Fedor felt he wouldn't be able to take and keep Hendo down in that fight and as such kept it standing.

Tough when a heavyweight fears a natural middleweight. Maybe he should have fought Matt Lindland again. I'm sure he could have found a rope to hang onto again.

Hendo was a natural mw but fedor was a natural hw? Lol. There are middleweights that are just as big or bigger than fedor

Fedor was 6 years past his prime, on a two fight losing streak and overall on the biggest down slide of his career. Hendo was peaking and juiced up on steroids/TRT and on the best run of his career and rocked Fedor in the opening seconds of the fight and Fedor never really recovered and brawled on auto pilot from that moment on. Fighters peak differently and Fedor was at low point at that time. If you dont understand this you must be retarded.

Hang on Fedor was "six years past his prime"? He is six years younger than Hendo and has 6 less pro fights. I guess 34 is the new past prime age.

Hendo never once in his entire career failed a drug test so now you are psychic? Because you just accused a guy of cheating that never failed a test.

Hendo used TRT right up until it was banned at which point he stopped using it. Btw, Hendo fought 7 times after TRT was banned and 4 times after USADA went live.

Hendo was "peaking" at 40 years old... lol. Last I checked he was 5-3 in his last eight fights prior to the Fedor fight and lets not forget he lost a decision to the WW Shields not long before.

you posted two world sambo champions. have these sambo world champions ever fought an Olympic caliber wrestler? oh yeah I remember at least one has. his name was dan Henderson. how did that play out against a world sambo champion you ask? the sambo champ got his ass handed to him.

you posted two world sambo champions. have these sambo world champions ever fought an Olympic caliber wrestler? oh yeah I remember at least one has. his name was dan Henderson. how did that play out against a world sambo champion you ask? the sambo champ got his ass handed to him.
oopz....

Hang on Fedor was "six years past his prime"? He is six years younger than Hendo and has 6 less pro fights. I guess 34 is the new past prime age.

Hendo never once in his entire career failed a drug test so now you are psychic? Because you just accused a guy of cheating that never failed a test.

Hendo used TRT right up until it was banned at which point he stopped using it.

Hendo was "peaking" at 40 years old... lol. Last I checked he was 5-3 in his last eight fights prior to the Fedor fight and lets not forget he lost a decision to the WW Shields not long before.

Yes dumbass fighters peak at different ages but most fighters historically peak around 32 and decline after that, and yes dumbass, Hendo was peaking at 40 because he wason steroids/ TRT. He stopped Babalu, stopped Feijao, stopped Fedor, beat up Shogun badly. Coming into the Fedor fight Hendo was 6-1 in his last 7 with wins over Feijao(ko), Babalu(ko), Bisping(ko), Franklin and Rousimar. He was stopping guys brutally and getting big wins compared to Fedor who has been looking bad since fighting Arlovski 2 years before that and on a two fight losing streak. I bet you're one of those retards who never played any sports and reads numbers like a geek expecting a 31 year old Jose Aldo to be in his prime still too. Shall we look at fighters records after the age of 32?

JDS - declined by 32
Cain - declined by 32
Vovchanchyn - retired by 32
Sylvia - declined by 32
Noguiera - declined by 32
Mir- declined by 32
Aldo - declined by 32
GSP - declined by 32
Shogun - declined by 32
Bigfoot - declined by 32
Mir - declined by 32
F Shamrock - declined by 32
Ortiz - declined by 32
Wanderlei - declined by 32
Forrest - declined by 32

The only guys who thrived at the age of 40 were guys who were on steroids/trt AKA Dan Hendo and Randy Couture and because of that they were able to have later peaks than guys like Fedor who was done at 33.

Hendo used TRT right up until it was banned at which point he stopped using it. Btw, Hendo fought 7 times after TRT was banned and 4 times after USADA went live.

I hate to be the guy, but Hendo has won 3 of his last ten fights. Fedor has won 6. Age has caught up to both. Just thought you would want some logic added in here.

Yes dumbass fighter peak at different ages, and yes dumbass, Hendo was peaking at 40 when he was on TRT. He stopped Babalu, stopped Feijao, stopped Fedor, beat up Shogun badly. Coming into the Fedor fight Hendo was 6-1 in his last 7 with wins over Feijao(ko), Babalu(ko), Bisping(ko), Franklin and Rousimar. He was stopping guys brutally and getting big wins compared to Fedor who has been looking bad since fighting Arlovski 2 years before that and on a two fight losing streak. I bet you're one of those retards who never played any sports and reads numbers like a geek expecting a 31 year old Jose Aldo to be in his prime still too. Shall we look at fighters records after the age of 32?

JDS - declined by 32
Cain - declined by 32
Vovchanchyn - retired by 32
Sylvia - declined by 32
Noguiera - declined by 32
Mir- declined by 32
Aldo - declined by 32
GSP - declined by 32
Shogun - declined by 32
Bigfoot - declined by 32
Mir - declined by 32
F Shamrock - declined by 32
Ortiz - declined by 32
Wanderlei - declined by 32
Forrest - declined by 32

The only guys who thrived at the age of 40 were guys who were on steroids/trt AKA Dan Hendo and Randy Couture and because of that they were able to have later peaks than guys like Fedor who was done at 33.

I literally don't have the energy to banter with you.

Do I get to wade through fight finder and post the ages of a bunch of guys older than Fedor was that were involved in this mythical "peak" of which you speak?

I get that you are a Fedor nuthugger. This is Sherdog after all, home of the Fedor love club.

I mean, lets just ignore guys like Cormier, Stipe, Woodley, Romero, GSP, Souza, Wonderboy, Tony Ferguson, Alvarez, Assuncao, etc, All older than Fedor when he fought Hendo, definitely not past their prime.

Cherry picking is pretty easy...

I literally don't have the energy to banter with you.

Do I get to wade through fight finder and post the ages of a bunch of guys older than Fedor was that were involved in this mythical "peak" of which you speak?

I get that you are a Fedor nuthugger. This is Sherdog after all, home of the Fedor love club.

I mean, lets just ignore guys like Cormier, Stipe, Woodley, Romero, GSP, Souza, Wonderboy, Tony Ferguson, Alvarez, Assuncao, etc, All older than Fedor when he fought Hendo, definitely not past their prime.

Cherry picking is pretty easy...

You're literally retarded. Thanks.

I hate to be the guy, but Hendo has won 3 of his last ten fights. Fedor has won 6. Age has caught up to both. Just thought you would want some logic added in here.

? Have you seen you each of them fought in their last 10 fights?

Fedor's best opponent in his last 10 fights was Brett Rogers...

Hendo in his last 10, should have won the last fight with Bisping, lost to the current LHW champ and a top 5 guy in Mousasi, lost close split decisions to Evans and Machida, lost to TRTVitor and then later to vitor again at the age of 45...

You're literally retarded. Thanks.

Is that the only word in your vocabulary? We definitely need an age minimum in this forum, or in your case an IQ minimum.

Funny how we have the same number of posts (roughly) except mine have been since 2004 and your join date is what again?

Quite clearly Karate is the best wrestling art since GSP was such a masterful wrestler....

Again, "Sambo" is basically the same as saying "MMA". If you look at early Sambo practitioners in MMA, they all royally sucked. Like MMA, Sambo has been evolving with the explosion in MMA and benefitting from the quantum leaps in technique. Sambo was intended to be the most effective martial art possible, the first real MMA, and to borrow from multiple fighting disciplines. The one upside that Sambo artists have us that they are essentially doing Pankration, doing ground and feet fighting, and that helps them to be comfortable when they switch over.

Is that the only word in your vocabulary? We definitely need an age minimum in this forum, or in your case an IQ minimum.

Funny how we have the same number of posts (roughly) except mine have been since 2004 and your join date is what again?

I make like 4 posts per day while at work so Im not sure what you're aiming at with the whole post count attack but whatever makes you sleep well at night geek. Here are some more stats for you, dumbass.

Fedor Emelianenko - 31-2 before 33 years old.... 5-3 afterwards.

Frank Mir - 16-5 before 33 years old... 2-5 afterwards
Tim Sylvia - 24-3 before 33 years old... 7-7 afterwards.
Noguiera - 31-5 before 33 years old ... 2-5 afterwards.
Bigfoot Silva - 16-4 before turning 33 years old... 2-8 afterwards.
Andrei Arlovski - 18-9 before turning 33 years old.... 7-6 afterwards.
Brock Lesnar - 4-1 before 33 years old... 0-2 afterwards.
Gabriel Gonzaga - 12-6 before 33 years old.... 4-5 afterwards

Vovchanchyn - Didn't even make it to 33 years old.
Cain Velasquez - 12-1 before 33 years old... 1-1 afterwards. Body so broken he fights every 2 yrs.
Junior Dos Santos - Still only 32 and looks nowhere near the same.
Derrick Lewis - Back so bad he wants to retire.

Tell me again who Eddie Alvarez is still in his prime LOL dumbass.

? Have you seen you each of them fought in their last 10 fights?

Fedor's best opponent in his last 10 fights was Brett Rogers...

Hendo in his last 10, should have won the last fight with Bisping, lost to the current LHW champ and a top 5 guy in Mousasi, lost close split decisions to Evans and Machida, lost to TRTVitor and then later to vitor again at the age of 45...
So Hendo lost to TRT vitor like you said with much disgust, but Fedor losing to TRT Hendo seems to be different? Just stop the gobbledygook. Fedor got old, Dan did too, but Dan had a bit of help to keep him up in his past prime.

Let me put this in a different perspective. If I was you, and didn't care about reality, I would be talking about how Dan Henderson got the living shit beat out of him by Jake Shields. And go watch the fight because he did. And isn't Jake a welterweight???

But I am not you. So let me say this. Hendo has one of the best careers ever in mma. Shields is an incredible fighter. Fedor seemed unbeatable for many years. Conor has striking like we have never seen. JJ might be the best fighter to ever live. MM has skills that cannot be compared. etc. etc. etc.

As a normal guy with a family and a job, this is how I see mma as a long time fan. I just cannot fathom how pretty much everyone on here is so hate filled and biased. Is it that rare to be living a normal life and be well adjusted?

Every time I read ground n pound Goldie’s “Grouund and Pouunnd” goes off in my head

Back