Sambo is the #1 Art for Ground N Pound. Sambo Practitioners completely outclass Wrestlers in GnP!!!

GOATER

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
FEDOR%20NOGUEIRA%20WOOPIN.gif
o.gif
fedor_angry.gif
VZchpV.gif

giphy.gif
J3ik9yX.gif

giphy.gif

The best Ground and pounder of all time, Fedor...and the current best Ground and Pounder both have one thing in common...Sambo.

Their GnP flows like water, their control over their opponents body is simply amazing...the power they generate at short distance with the punching, is fucking amazing.

You could actually hear Fedor's and Khabib's GnP, thats how hard they hit......Only other fighter that I remember hearing their GnP was Bob Sapp, but he was 330lbs +.

Just look Fedor teaching Jacare...Jacare doesn't even get close.

Wrestlers are considered the Ground and pound Masters but this is #1 bullshit.

I can't think of any wrestler who effectively uses GnP now a days...most are stand up fighters who use wrestling to stay up or to push a guy against the cage for 5 rounds....back in the day wrestlers GnP but they weren't close to Fedor or Khabib.

Wrestlers when they wrestle in high school to college, etc...never throw ground strikes...however combat sambo practitioners practice GnP....So they have much more experience with GnP.

Respect Sambo.

how did that sambo work for fedor against greco wrestler Hendo???

sambo = ground n pound
wrestling = lay n pray

You posted only two sambo practitioners. I'm not denying it's true, but do you have any other examples?

how did that sambo work for fedor against greco wrestler Hendo???
Out of Prime......and He got knockdown, had nothing to do with GnP.

Ben Askren has shit GnP...Thanks for proving my point.

Striking is pretty useless in sambo unless it's a KO shot because it's not scored very highly.

I didn't even know sambo allowed striking on the ground.

TS also failed to mention both Fedor and Khabib are high level judo practioners.

FEDOR%20NOGUEIRA%20WOOPIN.gif
o.gif
fedor_angry.gif
VZchpV.gif

giphy.gif
J3ik9yX.gif

giphy.gif

The best Ground and pounder of all time, Fedor...and the current best Ground and Pounder both have one thing in common...Sambo.

Their GnP flows like water, their control over their opponents body is simply amazing...the power they generate at short distance with the punching, is fucking amazing.

You could actually hear Fedor's and Khabib's GnP, thats how hard they hit......Only other fighter that I remember hearing their GnP was Bob Sapp, but he was 330lbs +.

Just look Fedor teaching Jacare...Jacare doesn't even get close.

Wrestlers are considered the Ground and pound Masters but this is #1 bullshit.

I can't think of any wrestler who effectively uses GnP now a days...most are stand up fighters who use wrestling to stay up or to push a guy against the cage for 5 rounds....back in the day wrestlers GnP but they weren't close to Fedor or Khabib.

Wrestlers when they wrestle in high school to college, etc...never throw ground strikes...however combat sambo practitioners practice GnP....So they have much more experience with GnP.

Respect Sambo.

Sambo is a beautiful art and should not be limited to GNP or ground control.

Kopylov and Han, among others, displayed some slick transitions on the ground, even slicker than those you could witness.

Something in the water (in Russia) causes minerals to build in the hands that have a magnetic response to the earth allowing for monstrous striking power at a downward grade. It has nothing to do with Sambo you fucking weirdo!

Fedor himself said that he modelled his GnP style after Mark Coleman, a wrestler. So go fuck yourself, TS.

Edit: Not engaging in this Sambo/Wrestling best GnP stuff, because it's stupid. Each fighter implements skills differently in a fight. There's ton of LnP Sambo guys in russian orgs.

Jones has some nasty GnP too.

What are you retarded?

Clearly english isn't your first language. All is forgiven.

And my point stands. Fedor got dropped by Hendo when he should have used his size and strength advantage along with his sambo to take the fight to the ground. Hendo has great sub defense but Fedor could have kept him down.

Clearly Fedor felt he wouldn't be able to take and keep Hendo down in that fight and as such kept it standing.

Tough when a heavyweight fears a natural middleweight. Maybe he should have fought Matt Lindland again. I'm sure he could have found a rope to hang onto again.

Khabib, and Fedor are the only two examples and only claim the sport of Sambo out of respect.... trust me Khabib's training rn is much more similar to a wrestling class, than a sambo class.

Clearly english isn't your first language. All is forgiven.

And my point stands. Fedor got dropped by Hendo when he should have used his size and strength advantage along with his sambo to take the fight to the ground. Hendo has great sub defense but Fedor could have kept him down.

Clearly Fedor felt he wouldn't be able to take and keep Hendo down in that fight and as such kept it standing.

Tough when a heavyweight fears a natural middleweight. Maybe he should have fought Matt Lindland again. I'm sure he could have found a rope to hang onto again.

Fedor was 6 years past his prime, on a two fight losing streak and overall on the biggest down slide of his career. Hendo was peaking and juiced up on steroids/TRT and on the best run of his career and rocked Fedor in the opening seconds of the fight and Fedor never really recovered and brawled on auto pilot from that moment on. Fighters peak differently and Fedor was at low point at that time. If you dont understand this you must be retarded.

I'm not saying sambo doesn't help, but there are a lot more wrestlers with great gnp than sambo guys. It has more to do with the individual than the style.

Some guys focus on position and control, some guys focus on setting up submissions, and some guys focus on just beating the fuck out of the other guy. It's all based on what that individual deems will be more effective in the moment, and some guys just gravitate towards a particular way of handling the situation.

So while I agree that sambo is a good base for effective gnp, to say it's the best is just ignoring facts and actual numbers. You can name a lot more wrestlers that were great at gnp than sambo guys, and it's not even close.

Back