samaritan hits robber with chair, robber stabs samaritan, robber's mom wants to sue samaritan (vid)

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/20/suspect-to-sue-good-samaritan/
Video at link.

A man who risked his life to stop an armed robbery may face legal problems for his troubles.

Craig Jerry can be seen on surveillance video attacking a knife-wielding robber at a Starbucks in Fresno in July.

Jerry hit him with a chair and the robber stabbed him in the neck. But Jerry was able to wrestle the knife away and stabbed the robber.

Now, the suspect’s mother said her son plans to sue Jerry for excessive force.

“The guy, in my opinion, went from a good Samaritan to a vigilante. Stabbing somebody that many times, it doesn’t take that many stab wounds to get somebody to succumb to you,” said the suspect’s mother.

The suspect’s mother said her son was stabbed 17 times. He’s in jail right now.

Jerry is not facing any criminal charges.

Chair to the back of the head doesn't even work in pro-wrestling. 17 stabs did the trick.

If he really sues for that he'll get his ass kicked a hundred times over.
I know it'll happen.
Just how people are.

Definitely bad form to sue the good samaritan, compounded infinitely by the fact it's the robbers family who is suing him.

On the other hand.......he did stab the fuck out of that guy, honestly the optics of the video are horrible for the good samaritan.

I hope he sues whoever did that to his hair.

Definitely bad form to sue the good samaritan, compounded infinitely by the fact it's the robbers family who is suing him.

On the other hand.......he did stab the fuck out of that guy, honestly the optics of the video are horrible for the good samaritan.
Samaritan got stabbed in the fucking neck first....The Criminal was still moving after the first couple stabbings....100% Justifiable.

Fuck her mom...I hope she gets counter sued and becomes poor as fuck.

Who the fuck cares?
I hope he messed the guy up so badly he'll never try it again.
But this tells me he will. No shame.

he should sue the mom for raising such a retarded child

What force could be excessive? The robber stabbed the Samaritan in the neck. It's game on from there.

Jerry just wanted to demonstrate proper knife usage.

What force could be excessive? The robber stabbed the Samaritan in the neck. It's game on from there.
I feel like the best way to combat this is for good Samaritans to employ finishing moves.
The Deadliest Samaritan is a reality show I'd watch

In an ideal world no violent criminal should be in the legal position of sue anything

Jerry is one lucky SOB

Because I draw the line at 18 stabbings. Job well done, Jerry.

If the robber continued to attack the "good Samaritan" after being disarmed then he truly has no place to sue on any level.

If the robber had yielded, 17 stabs is far too excessive, the "good Samaritan" was obviously enjoying the position of power he had over the man and took gruesome advantage of it.

If the robber continued to attack the "good Samaritan" after being disarmed then he truly has no place to sue on any level.

If the robber had yielded, 17 stabs is far too excessive, the "good Samaritan" was obviously enjoying the position of power he had over the man and took gruesome advantage of it.

Dude, if someone stabs you in the neck, you would try to hurt that person as badly as you could, up to and including killing them, so he couldn't hurt you again. Robber got out of there with his life, his mom should consider her little boy lucky.

What if the robber had a gun the whole time? Would the 17 stabs still be too excessive?

Dude, if someone stabs you in the neck, you would try to hurt that person as badly as you could, up to and including killing them, so he couldn't hurt you again. Robber got out of there with his life, his mom should consider her little boy lucky.

Doesn't matter what someone would try to do, the law matters.

Excessive force is a legitimate grievance.

What if the robber had a gun the whole time? Would the 17 stabs still be too excessive?

No. If the "Good Samaritan" knew the assailant had a gun then 17 stabs would not be excessive.

Back