Sam Harris vs. Scott Adams on Trump... first time Harris gets triggered

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Scott Adams is the inventor of the Dilbert comic strip and a pro Trump supporter. Sam Harris has been criticized by his fans that he does not let pro Trump people on his podcast and this is the first time he's allowed this to happen.

The result is Sam Harris gets fucking "Triggerd." After the podcast, he even says he was triggered and he was owned like I've never seen before.

He even gives the podcast, "Triggered," alluding to himself during the interview. Harris became unhinged.

Very entertaining.

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/triggered

I would like to like sam harris but he is so overrated by a lot of people who started with him as their first serious thinker that they listened to, and they think of him as exceptionally smart. so i always end up bashing him and now reflexively get ready to explain why sam harris isnt the greatest human on earth when i hear his name

i disagree with him on a lot of things, but i respect that he thinks clearly and lays his thoughts out. i agree that he ducks trump supporters though, and now i see why if he got triggered on his first attempt

Not the first time. He also lost his shit trying to argue with Noam Chomsky via email a few years back, kinda reverted to a 13 year old.

It's hard to listen to. Sam Harris keeps ducking the conversation and going on tangents when he knows he's lost the argument.

Was surprised how well Scott Adams did. Harris admittedly did say he got rustled during it as well. I don't think much really was addressed aside from the left is overreacting to Trump in general (outside of his policies). I don't think Adams was on point with everything though and may be playing to far into being an apologist. Some of his arguements felt like they were leaving the realm of him arguing trump as a master of persuasion though and just outright defense of some of his actions.

Adams was good until it got to the Don Jr. topic, then he turned on his inner Kelly Ann Conway.

Sam Harris is a fucking moron in the whole theology/philosophy realm and politics he might be even worse. The dumbshit thinks that SCIENCE can determine what is wrong and right....like it has any capability to be used as a moral system. He is a worthless ideologue.

Sam Harris is a fucking moron in the whole theology/philosophy realm and politics he might be even worse. The dumbshit thinks that SCIENCE can determine what is wrong and right....like it has any capability to be used as a moral system. He is a worthless ideologue.

i forgot who it was, but i saw someone saying they wish there was a political party based on sam harris' views

just comes across like a lot of people never listened to a serious thinker before him and really overrate him

Damn, I just listened to most of it. How in God's name did Harris earn this reputation as some masterful debater and brilliant thinker?
This is straight up horrible, almost hard to listen to.
Maybe he had a bad weight cut.

This country needs way, way, way more Sam Harris, and way, way, way less Trump.

Scott Adams is way too in love with NLP. Trump didn't build it, you dope.

Damn, I just listened to most of it. How in God's name did Harris earn this reputation as some masterful debater and brilliant thinker?
This is straight up horrible, almost hard to listen to.

Agreed, Jordan Peterson is the same in my view.

i forgot who it was, but i saw someone saying they wish there was a political party based on sam harris' views

just comes across like a lot of people never listened to a serious thinker before him and really overrate him
I agree he gets way overrated because he's babby's first intellectual but a political party based on his views might not be that much worse than the garbage we already have.

Looks like a nerdy lib, talks like he's on the right. That's his gimmick IMO.

What does he say that is so insightful?

Sounds like a lot of common sense to me.

sounds like you need to sort yourself out

the "sounds like common sense to me" is why hes good. if he sounds like common sense while destroying the lefts' arguments

Looks like a nerdy lib, talks like he's on the right. That's his gimmick IMO.

What does he say that is so insightful?

Sounds like a lot of common sense to me.

You think grappling with ideas from Jung, Nietzsche, archetypes, analyzing what drives good people to commit genocide, analyzing ancient myths and applying them to human psychology, while on the side single handedly dismantling radical leftist ideology is basic?

If it were common sense there were be no communists. No Nazis. No war.

Back