Salt & Sanctuary(Check it Out Dark Souls Fans)

Just finished it, its pretty good especially for something made by two people. The first half is better than the second half, the latter areas feel a bit rushed and uninspired, it gets boring when you're fighting enemies that don't really offer new or interesting challenges as you get deeper into the game. A lot of bosses feel the same without actually being the same and can sometimes be a bit cheap.

However until Dark Souls 3 drops, would recommend.

Yeah it takes some getting used to. Having played old Castlevania games helped me with this.
It took me a while but I finally started to get the hang of the controls. I would still prefer a different scheme but whatever. Cool little game. Finally beat the third boss after wandering around lost for hours.

Been trying to master that long jump the speed runners do that lets you skip the dragon. Can't get it to work though.
Yeah I watched a few speedruns and then tried the long jump. I'm not very consistent but getting better. You have to hit both roll and jump at the same time and then push forward on the left stick once you're airborne.

Just finished it, its pretty good especially for something made by two people. The first half is better than the second half, the latter areas feel a bit rushed and uninspired, it gets boring when you're fighting enemies that don't really offer new or interesting challenges as you get deeper into the game. A lot of bosses feel the same without actually being the same and can sometimes be a bit cheap.

Yes, cheap!

This game is really cool. The level design is impressive once you start unlocking shortcuts.

OK this tree of men boss is retarded. I have no idea what is even hitting me.

Attention developers: stop making stupid boss fights!! Just don't do it!

This tree of men shit will be the reason if I never play this game again. And it's a shame because the rest of it is awesome. This is fucking retarded though.

I think maybe I screwed up. I beat the Foul Stench boss but never saw the NPC who gives you the Redshift Brand. Now I can't find him even with the Wiki. Any ideas?

I just finished it as well and agree that the second half isn't quite as good as the start. It gets a little repetitive in places but overall an amazing little platformer. Also one of the hardest games I've played in a long time. I have a whole new appreciation for speedrunners and how easy they make everything look.

Deleted my 2nd character and save file again.

This Game Sucks Cocks In Hell/10

Cheap enemies, shitty controls, no lock on, spear has no vertical swipe, bosses are retardedly weak to certain buffs but will cheaply kill you so you run out of them anyhow, the stupid traps, getting stunlocked effortlessly by common enemies, the stupid mauling attacks by the dogs and aliens, etc fuck off. This isn't a 2d Souls game, its 2d Lords of the Fallen.

Appropriate game name because I'm salty as fuck.
Haha me too. I wasn't sure I could finish it. Still don't like the controls but I kind of got used to them. I really hate the long jump though. It's so unreliable and is necessary in way too many areas. The runbacks are too long as well.

I'm about halfway through my second playthrough but not sure I have the patience to finish it. The inconsistency of the long jump is killing me. I just lost 25K salt after beating a boss, getting my 400th baby jump and then getting stunlocked by those asshole teleporting skeletons when I tried to go back for them. Shit is infuriating.

Reed, watched your S&S clip on Playstation. 10/10 voice would watch again.

Alright, back where I was, beat the dragon boss finally. Only boss I haven't beaten thatI faced the first playthrough was the Jester but he's a joke (lol)

Alright, back where I was, beat the dragon boss finally. Only boss I haven't beaten thatI faced the first playthrough was the Jester but he's a joke (lol)
Jester is really aggressive so healing is difficult but he's easy to dodge once you figure him out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back