Salafism is growing in Germany

but the core teachings of Islam\Muhammeds life is stone age mentality, validating slavery and other barbaric stuff.
Pet peeve but I hate it when people misinterpret the stone age

Umm, you might want to qualify that statement. Islam was preserving ancient knowledge like the works of Aristotle at a time when Christians were bathing their world in ignorance and suffering. It is fair, however, to state that Islam has not been good for the future of civilization since the 1250s.
Lol. The very basic supposition of Islam is that you are a lesser being if you are an infidel. We're talking here about a religion that was spread exclusively by the sword and the stifling of other cultures, and its proponents are fine af with that. The fact that there were a miserable few patrons of western culture among the early caliphs is cherry-picking AT BEST. It's no better that calling medieval Europe a pro-intellectual place just because some medieval rulers and some monasteries had a hard-on for Roman and Greek culture. Islam is threatened by other cultures, especially progressive and liberal ones, always has, always will be, put that shit in a box and bury it.

First off, I would enjoin you to point out where, once, I pretended as if Islam is a religion of peace. I dont think you could do this, because I never said it. The Islamic world, through Caliphates that were ok playing nice, for the most part, was stabilized while Christendom was splitting itself year after year or futile notions of the holy ghost and heresy after heresy.

The most notable Caliphate during the golden period was the Umayyad Caliphate. Their expansion period during the mid 600s, and into the mid 700s essentially gave them a massive swath of land, which they controlled to the point where their might was undisputed. This allowed relative peace within the Muslim world during a time in which Europe was in the middle of what we would call the dark ages, after the fall of Rome, and the rise of christendom.

I already outlined, above, the areas in which they made huge contributions. The Caliphate was a great sponsor of learning of all kinds. Art, the humanities and science. They built upon the foundations of the Greek and Roman Empires while Europe was actively purging itself of this legacy of information.

Theodosius, the Roman emperor oversaw the burning of the library of Alexandria, and after the Roman empire fell, christendom carried up this tradition. At one time, the Islamic world was the only bulwark from losing all of this information entirely.

And all of these advances, none of them had to do with the tenets of Islam, as should seem quite obvious, as none of the Abrahamic books provide much of use to base any real learning upon.
The Arabs burned the library buddy. Sorry. You're using propaganda instead of history

Ahh I just love the romanticizing of Islam. Basicly its just wishful thinking. Religion doesnt invent stuff, humans do. So when people refer to Islams golden age it just takes away focus from the individuals who made progress\invented stuff. If Islam hadnt taken over, those people, who were highly intelligent, would actually make even more progress and advances, but were held back because of Islam. Like a major brake. Even in "Islams golden age" inventions beeing made was of non-believers.
You're just talking out of your ass here, all you've said is just conjecture that you can't really prove and isn't worth addressing.
Lets not actually forget how Islam spread out, not by a handshake and a smile, but through crusades and conquering, horrible stuff. And those opposing Islam, well life wasnt easy. Remove Islam from any region and things would flourish. Sure u could say some clerics\imams would impose a milder version of Islam, but the core teachings of Islam\Muhammeds life is stone age mentality, validating slavery and other barbaric stuff. So it kinda surprises nobody when u see the status of Islam today. It was bound to happen.
Sure, it spread by the sword but so did Western civilization. You think the Americas, Africa, and the Middle East and China willingly let Westerners take over? Of course not. Does that completely invalidate Western civilization? I don't think so but maybe you do if you're going to be consistent.
And regarding Sam Harris I think he was spot on but maybe next time ill use Douglas Murray or Christopher Hitchens (peace be upon him btw). They sure would make Sherdog implode with their quotes. Never mind they have a IQ whole sherdog combined.
The guy was off and I explained how and now you're just saying "nuh uh!"

Algebra was a nothingburger development because the guy who came up with was Muslim-Sam Harris logic

Last edited:
Lol. The very basic supposition of Islam is that you are a lesser being if you are an infidel. We're talking here about a religion that was spread exclusively by the sword and the stifling of other cultures, and its proponents are fine af with that. The fact that there were a miserable few patrons of western culture among the early caliphs is cherry-picking AT BEST. It's no better that calling medieval Europe a pro-intellectual place just because some medieval rulers and some monasteries had a hard-on for Roman and Greek culture. Islam is threatened by other cultures, especially progressive and liberal ones, always has, always will be, put that shit in a box and bury it.

It wasnt spread exclusively by the sword, at least not less than Christianity.

Arabs did expanded fast and quickly in the early medieval period but they ran out of steam pretty quickly.

Without the Turks and Mongols being converted to Islam, its most likely that Islam wouldnt exist today.

Similar thing happened when the Romans were converted.

Germany-sharia-law-678x381.jpg

Jordan_Horner-459782.jpg
LOL! Gay.

During the Islamic Golden Age, "Seek knowledge, even in China" was an apt description of the Islamic world, largely. I would like to put all religions on the shelf, but to pretend as if they have all been the same at all times and places is facile.

Ahh I just love the romanticizing of Islam. Basicly its just wishful thinking. Religion doesnt invent stuff, humans do. So when people refer to Islams golden age it just takes away focus from the individuals who made progress\invented stuff. If Islam hadnt taken over, those people, who were highly intelligent, would actually make even more progress and advances, but were held back because of Islam. Like a major brake. Even in "Islams golden age" inventions beeing made was of non-believers.

Lets not actually forget how Islam spread out, not by a handshake and a smile, but through crusades and conquering, horrible stuff. And those opposing Islam, well life wasnt easy. Remove Islam from any region and things would flourish. Sure u could say some clerics\imams would impose a milder version of Islam, but the core teachings of Islam\Muhammeds life is stone age mentality, validating slavery and other barbaric stuff. So it kinda surprises nobody when u see the status of Islam today. It was bound to happen.

And regarding Sam Harris I think he was spot on but maybe next time ill use Douglas Murray or Christopher Hitchens (peace be upon him btw). They sure would make Sherdog implode with their quotes. Never mind they have a IQ whole sherdog combined.

I qualified in an earlier post that the tenets of Islam had nothing to do with the advances they made during their Golden Age.

So there is a growing number of a foreign religions conspiring against Germany which is made up by a lot of ethnic Russian?

Some people will never learn.

So some Muslims burned libraries and other Muslims preserved libraries. Some Muslims advanced science and mathematics, other Muslims stifled the progress of science and mathematics. Some Muslims did good, other Muslims did bad.

Lets see, what can we concluded from this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_the_Library_of_Alexandria
Really? Unlike the other times, the Arabs never replaced what they burnt

Not during the Golden age of Islam. They, unlike most of Islamic history, sought knowledge wherever they could, imported it, and preserved it.

Yes, the Library of Alexandria, at the time, was not the center of learning. But it is a perfect encapsulation of Theodosius' attitude toward non christian learning, as he purged conflicting beliefs and knowledge.

Subsequent Christian Emperors followed this pattern until the end of the Empire, when European Christians kept the tradition alive, in large part. That is why this was called the Dark Ages in Europe. They destroyed the past on such a consistent basis, they wallowed in their ignorance to an insane level not seen until the rise of more conservative branches of Islam, which essentially found it's apex in Wahhabism, which has hobbled the Islamic world to this day. That is the tragedy of Islam. It could have been something decent enough, for it's time, but has languished and festered so badly, it has become one of the chief threats to us enduring as a species.

This painting, Triumph of Christianity, once thought a beautiful showcase of the superiority of Christianity, shows just how backwards and threatening Christendom was for quite a long time.

Tommaso.Laureti_Triumph.of.Christianity.jpg

It says, in short, fuck you if you dont follow Christ. Unluckily for our species, large swaths of the Muslim world have adopted this attitude, as evidenced today by barbarous groups like ISIS, The Taliban and Al Qaeda, whose list of destroyed human legacy pieces is long, with pieces like the splendid Bamiyan Buddhas.
76e561e498cbcc1ad98a74320c6fbfa7b806fd0f.jpg

a_afghanbuddha_150306.jpg

First off, I would enjoin you to point out where, once, I pretended as if Islam is a religion of peace. I dont think you could do this, because I never said it. The Islamic world, through Caliphates that were ok playing nice, for the most part, was stabilized while Christendom was splitting itself year after year or futile notions of the holy ghost and heresy after heresy.

The most notable Caliphate during the golden period was the Umayyad Caliphate. Their expansion period during the mid 600s, and into the mid 700s essentially gave them a massive swath of land, which they controlled to the point where their might was undisputed. This allowed relative peace within the Muslim world during a time in which Europe was in the middle of what we would call the dark ages, after the fall of Rome, and the rise of christendom.

I already outlined, above, the areas in which they made huge contributions. The Caliphate was a great sponsor of learning of all kinds. Art, the humanities and science. They built upon the foundations of the Greek and Roman Empires while Europe was actively purging itself of this legacy of information.

Theodosius, the Roman emperor oversaw the burning of the library of Alexandria, and after the Roman empire fell, christendom carried up this tradition. At one time, the Islamic world was the only bulwark from losing all of this information entirely.

And all of these advances, none of them had to do with the tenets of Islam, as should seem quite obvious, as none of the Abrahamic books provide much of use to base any real learning upon.

not you but the ridiculous idea that islam was ever a religion of peace.

and now its bled into some golden age of islam when it was more a continuation greek/roman and local civilizations. i was having a look at that sam harris and the islamic propagandists were showing mobile cameras as an arab invention, the ghost dude was chuffed with himself. the presenter even went to a scientific lab to stick his chest out about islamic inventions.

and now its bled into some golden age of islam when it was more a continuation greek/roman and local civilizations. i was having a look at that sam harris and the islamic propagandists were showing mobile cameras as an arab invention, the ghost dude was chuffed with himself. the presenter even went to a scientific lab to stick his chest out about islamic inventions.

On the religion of peace bit, it's bullshit. No Abrahamic religion has ever been a religion of peace, because they label people on the basis of eternal salvations and punishments. That seems like a temptation to hostility off top. Islam was more stable, and much more so, at one point. It has not been stable, nor approached the stability of christianity, with all of it's insanity and schism, for hundreds of years. The only thing that kept the Islamic world in check was empires like the Ottomans, numerous older Caliphates, and the Byzantines.

On the inventions. The religion itself never helped anyone with any sort of explanatory or mechanical work. When Doctors in the Islamic Golden age performed a masectomy for breast cancer, the Quran and Hadith provided nothing to base this particular field of knowledge upon. That would be akin to reading Genesis, with it's author's belief that the stars are affixed in pillars above the Earth, and saying "Eureka!! I found the basis for astronomy!!"

there are two wrong sides taken when people critique the golden age of islam.

1. That it never occurred
2. That it was simply a continuation of Greek/Roman civilization

Both are incorrect with 1 being completely denial while the other is more of a softer denial that tries to minimize it. There were lots of unique discoveries, works, inventions that were not Greek or Roman. As for being simple continuations of local civilizations this is not true. Islam created an environment of a "mini globalization" in that part of the world where exchange of ideas, knowledge etc became much more easier and scholars from different parts of the islamic world could communicate using 1 language (Arabic script which became the language of theology and learning).

Take for example Persia. You can make a large list of Persian scientists and mathematicians during Persia's rule under Islam but you are hard pressed to find nearly as many scientists/mathematicians in Persia before Islam and Persia was always considered an advanced civilization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pre-modern_Iranian_scientists_and_scholars

Last edited:
Back