Saitiev over Burroughs - Spoiler alert for the worlds

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
So, Burroughs lost to the russian. When I watched it at the beginning, this guy reminded me of Saitiev, the head control overhook and kinda of the way he stood and moved. I was thinking that, and actually I was like he might go for that shuck by that Saitiev is good at, and I kid you not, like a couple seconds later he does the move and scores on Burroughs.

I mean obviously the argument isnt as strong for Burroughs due to recent setbacks but i thought it was interesting because the guy reminded me of Saitiev sort of, and he beat Burroughs.

Some people were saying how Burroughs would beat Saitiev comparing him to Slay and so on...

Professional tip: when writing a notice for people of potential spoilers, it is potentially useful to not put the spoiler in the warning you're giving to avoid the spoiler.

So, Burroughs lost to the russian. When I watched it at the beginning, this guy reminded me of Saitiev, the head control overhook and kinda of the way he stood and moved. I was thinking that, and actually I was like he might go for that shuck by that Saitiev is good at, and I kid you not, like a couple seconds later he does the move and scores on Burroughs.

I mean obviously the argument isnt as strong for Burroughs due to recent setbacks but i thought it was interesting because the guy reminded me of Saitiev sort of, and he beat Burroughs.

Some people were saying how Burroughs would beat Saitiev comparing him to Slay and so on...
Hmmmmm

Age, level of scouting on either end, etc

damn .. and dudes been retired awhile hasnt he? goes to show how damn good he is

imagine him going into khabibs camp to help him vs kevin lee ect they are from dagestan right

damn .. and dudes been retired awhile hasnt he? goes to show how damn good he is

imagine him going into khabibs camp to help him vs kevin lee ect they are from dagestan right
He didn’t wrestle saitiev...

Professional tip: when writing a notice for people of potential spoilers, it is potentially useful to not put the spoiler in the warning you're giving to avoid the spoiler.

You do realize that was not the spoiler

Saitievs are from Chechnya. But I'm sure a meeting can be arranged. On the other hand Khabib already has trained with other Russian greats like Gadisov, Sazhid Sazhidov, Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov, etc. He also knows Sadualaev
kQPwbb

kQPwbb

It's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that Burroughs could beat Saitiev. He's beaten his share of Russian champs.

Saitievs are from Chechnya. But I'm sure a meeting can be arranged. On the other hand Khabib already has trained with other Russian greats like Gadisov, Sazhid Sazhidov, Magomedrasul Gazimagomedov, etc. He also knows Sadualaev
kQPwbb

kQPwbb

Sure he "trained" with them

Khabib, Khabilov, Ali Bagautinov, etc have all been in the room, on the mat, with world and Olympic medalists and champs. Many times.

Lol in the room yes. On the mat yes. Wrestle each other tho?

Lol in the room yes. On the mat yes. Wrestle each other tho?
Absolutely. Here is a video of a few of the big freestyle clubs in Russia attending a training camp at the Dagestan OTC. If you watch it you'll see a ton of medalists and champs. Khabilov appears at about 18 minutes and you can see him on the mat with the guys actually wresting.

i think its best for khabib at this point to tra
kQPwbb

kQPwbb
in with the american styled guys though due to our style being more explosive with our shots which i feel translates much better to mma with explosive shots vs russian\slow grinding style

which is why gsp was so good he only ever had like 2 finishes to his shots generally but he hit them so hard with good timing its harder to train to defend something when it knocks you off balance vs someone who just wants hand son you to eventually get you down

Absolutely. Here is a video of a few of the big freestyle clubs in Russia attending a training camp at the Dagestan OTC. If you watch it you'll see a ton of medalists and champs. Khabilov appears at about 18 minutes and you can see him on the mat with the guys actually wresting.

I dont think thats onenof guys u mention3d tho
A guy with a head gear?

I dont think thats onenof guys u mention3d tho
A guy with a head gear?
No that's not one of the guys I mentioned. Its fine if you don't believe that the MMA guys I mentioned train/trained with Russian champs in wrestling.

i think its best for khabib at this point to tra

in with the american styled guys though due to our style being more explosive with our shots which i feel translates much better to mma with explosive shots vs russian\slow grinding style

which is why gsp was so good he only ever had like 2 finishes to his shots generally but he hit them so hard with good timing its harder to train to defend something when it knocks you off balance vs someone who just wants hand son you to eventually get you down
I like your take on GSP but I don't think anyone would describe the Russian style as slow or grinding. If anything the Russians tend to come out strong, try to build a lead, and then play defense. Or guys like B Saitiev and Fadsaev would just straight up out-wrestle everybody by being incredible.

Last edited:
No that's not one of the guys I mentioned. Its fine if you don't believe that the MMA guys I mentioned train/trained with Russian champs in wrestling.

I can believe that.
I dont think it makes them somewhat that much better tho

I can believe that.
I dont think it makes them somewhat that much better tho
Wel, Im more of the opinion that if they are training with these National team guys they are already pretty exceptional. Not just anybody gets invited to these camps and training sessions. But I would disagree that training with world champs wouldn't make you significantly better. Training with wrestlers of that caliber is how GSP got so good.

Saitiev isn't from Chechnya. He is an ethnic Chechen who lived in Dagestan his whole life in Khazavyurt (A majority Chechen city in Dagestan). 9 generations for his family have lived there.

Re Khabib. Nurmagomedov has more of an American wrestling style to be honest. You have to keep in mind that he really didn't excel at wrestling and thus took up Judo and Sambo. And his dominance in the UFC is aided by the fact that he fights absolutely zero wrestlers. Name 1 outstanding wrestler he's faced....I'll wait. He would quickly loss his advantage at WW which is a division that for whatever reason seems to always be filled with quality wrestlers. He would be embarrassed by someone like Woodley. Khabib is good but his dominance is more of a fact that LW has barely any quality wrestlers and he hasn't fought any of the few who do have them, and he has a size advantage. In the one fight he fought where he didn't have a size advantage and the opponent actually knew how to sprawl he should have lost, (Tibau). Both of those advantages go out of the window at WW.

Back