Saint Louis $45 million aquarium project

Hell yeah. We already have one of the best zoos... wait what? My tax money is paying for that shit?

St Louis isnt exactly on my short list of places to visit but i might have to check it out someday. Its gotta at least be a cheap vacation
I'll show you around. I can probably even put you on to some cheap hookers if that's your thing

I'll show you around. I can probably even put you on to some cheap hookers if that's your thing
I like cheap hookers in Vegas they're probably more on par with expensive St Louis hookers though. Not sure what a cheap St Louis hooker would be like
<6>

So we can't get an MSL team but we get an aquarium instead? Granted I'm sure if we have sharks down town I'll go check it out but this is a weird way to segue from not losing an NFL team, failing to get an MSL team to now getting an aquarium.
people care this much about getting an MLS team? I thought the only people who watched it were hippies in Portland and Seattle. Any real American would prefer looking at fish in a tank than some twinks kicking a ball.

I like cheap hookers in Vegas they're probably more on par with expensive St Louis hookers though. Not sure what a cheap St Louis hooker would be like
<6>
Yeah StL will be major down grade lol

The zoo is top notch and hopefully his will be just as great.

people care this much about getting an MLS team? I thought the only people who watched it were hippies in Portland and Seattle. Any real American would prefer looking at fish in a tank than some twinks kicking a ball.

We have an MLS team here in Salt Lake and it's kind of a big deal. They built a whole stadium for them.

With that said, I give way more of a shit about the Jazz. (RIP Gordon Hayward)

I think aquariums are cool so I'd like to check this out.

The World Chess Hall of Fame is also in St. Louis. It sounds like I need to make a trip there.

120817wchofchesspiece107r-781.jpg
The place is a shit hole. I've been there a total of 48 hours in my life and I can tell you that even a dude like Nelly wouldn't want to keep on living there.

That seams really cheap. Not relevant to the conversations, but Mitsubishi is the only company in the world that has the machines to precise enough to cut the plexiglass for public aquariums. When you go through those tunnels, the only thing that holds them together is pressure.

That fw exhibit looks fucking amazing if it's all connected
75976_FW_Uderwater_02-1-1257x800.jpg

i love aquariums. fish rock.

St Louis isnt exactly on my short list of places to visit but i might have to check it out someday. Its gotta at least be a cheap vacation

@shadow_priest_x

I already looked up the street address of the World Chess hall of fame and it is very close to the Saint Louis Zoo in Forest Park. I will be making a trip that way on my next day off.

That seams really cheap. Not relevant to the conversations, but Mitsubishi is the only company in the world that has the machines to precise enough to cut the plexiglass for public aquariums. When you go through those tunnels, the only thing that holds them together is pressure.

That fw exhibit looks fucking amazing if it's all connected
75976_FW_Uderwater_02-1-1257x800.jpg

They need to get Agnes Wilczynski on that.

@shadow_priest_x

I already looked up the street address of the World Chess hall of fame and it is very close to the Saint Louis Zoo in Forest Park. I will be making a trip that way on my next day off.

That's cool. I definitely want to check it out one day.

Let me know how it goes.

They need to get Agnes Wilczynski on that.
Don't get me started on that show. The way they treat the fish are horrendous. The tanks aren't cycled, the fish aren't acclimated correctly, etc. Go goggle the show. The Gumball tank leaked and everything died. That big tank at the church, everything died. The big wine tank, everything died. The sharks at Coney Island died. I could go on and on.

Last edited:
Don't get me started on that show. The way they treat the fish are horrendous. The tanks aren't cycled, the fish aren't acclimated correctly, etc. Go goggle the show. The Gumball tank leaked and everything died. That big tank at the church, everything died. The big wine tank, everything died. The sharks at Coney Island died. I could go on and on.

Many places don't follow their recommendations to have a company come in to monitor the tank at the start like it needs. They have the buyers sign a contract to prove they were told what needed to be done.

Im in Kansas City and St Louis is the Mos Eisely Spaceport of Missouri.

Many places don't follow their recommendations to have a company come in to monitor the tank at the start like it needs. They have the buyers sign a contract to prove they were told what needed to be done.
Bro, do you even Nitrogen cycle?
If they cylced the tanks properly, they wouldn't need someone to come in and monitor the tanks.
The filtration on a saltwater tank relies heavily on biological bacteria. When you fill the tank and dump the fish in, the bacteria hasn't had the chance to colonize and there's no filtration going. You also need to go through that Nitrogen cycle or else your ammonia will go through the roof and everything will die. Nitrogen cycles will take 2-6 weeks.
Skimmers only remove organic particulates and carbon only lasts 3 days and then it's depleted. The "rapid start" chemicals in a bottle are snake oil. At least throw some chaeto in the sump to help absorb some of the nutrients, even caulerpa as long as you kept the lights on 24/7 so it won't go sexual.
They do so many things wrong. 90% of those fish are wild caught and they get thrown away like that just to make a tv show. It's sickening. The other show, Fish Tank Kings, is a much better show.

Back