News Sage signs with ONE

Sexyama and Sage were obviously signed to replace the ring girls.

As a fighter or...? Sage won't do good in One at all. Their roster all looks like they're on even more roids than Sage. Weird UFC let him go on a 3 fight win streak

Sexyama and Sage were obviously signed to replace the ring girls.

If you've noticed in the last few events the ring girls have all started wearing tank tops, instead of the bikini tops they always wore before.

And now ONE has signed Sexyama AND Sage?

<17>

As a fighter or...? Sage won't do good in One at all. Their roster all looks like they're on even more roids than Sage. Weird UFC let him go on a 3 fight win streak

They didn't let him go, as in they didn't cut him. They just chose not to match ONE's (presumably very high) offer. Generally if a guy ends his contract on a win they will always offer them a new contract I think .

Akiyama/Northcutt is the dream match I never knew I wanted.

If you've noticed in the last few events the ring girls have all started wearing tank tops, instead of the bikini tops they always wore before.

And now ONE has signed Sexyama AND Sage?

<17>

They didn't let him go, as in they didn't cut him. They just chose not to match ONE's (presumably very high) offer. Generally if a guy ends his contract on a win they will always offer them a new contract I think .

Not according to Dana

He said sage has some work to do,hes still young and they might pick him back up in a few years.

So Askren gets shipped out before he can squash Sexyama and Sage. Sexy’s judo would have been an interesting match-up to Askren’s funky wrestling, but Sage would just get teabagged.

As a fighter or...? Sage won't do good in One at all. Their roster all looks like they're on even more roids than Sage.

He's improved and was on par with sub-top 15 UFC fighters at LW/WW.

This is a perfect position for him. He gets manageable competition for his growth as a fighter and bigger purses than pretty much every other guy in the sport at his stage of development.

Weird UFC let him go on a 3 fight win streak

Not at all. He fought out his contract, and One made a much bigger offer than the UFC, which was contractually obligated to match if they wanted to re-sign him.

Last edited:
I think it was Luke Thomas or Schuab who said that he will make around 1 million a year. That's with sponsors included though. Why would he ever want to go back to the UFC?

I think it was Luke Thomas or Schuab who said that he will make around 1 million a year. That's with sponsors included though. Why would he ever want to go back to the UFC?
If that number is true good for Sage. Now we know why the UFC did not match. I am all for Sage getting the most he can. I also don't blame the UFC for not matching that contract because no way is he worth 1mil a year.

Dana white tried to lie that they let sage go. They offered him a contract but one fc offered sage better shit. That’s the reason y sage left.

This was from 2 days ago ^^^^^^^&

Not according to Dana

He said sage has some work to do,hes still young and they might pick him back up in a few years.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white-confirms-sage-northcutt-not-returning-to-the-ufc

“We let Sage go,” White said. “Sage is young and Sage needs some work. Let him get some work in one of these other organizations and we’ll see where this kid ends up in a couple years. Maybe we’ll pick him back up.

“His contract was up so we let him go.”

"Let him go" in a sense that they declined their option to re-sign him by matching ONE's offer.

They did not cut him or terminate his contract, they WANTED to re-sign him....they just weren't willing to pay what ONE is paying.
It's the exact same as the Eddie Alvarez situation.

Also ... Are you seriously taking Dana White at his word?
<36>

Not sure if dumb, or trolling

Back