Sage Northcutt vs Jake Matthews is in the works.

Ugh, this is always the dumbest argument brought up when saying someone isn't a great prospect. I'm a fan of Zabit, arguably the top prospect in the UFC, and who has he fought? A bunch of nobodies too. How about Taisumov? Gillespie? Costa? Don't tell me his win over a shot Hendricks was impressive and gave him credibility over any of these other guys.

And Matthews' performance against The Leech (a more legit fighter than any of the other guys have fought) was outstanding. Apparently you must not have watched it and assumed it was boring since it was a decision.
zabit and Taisumov are both top prospects based of the skill they've shown. The other 2 I cant comment on as truthfully ive never seen them fight and if I have I cant remember. Mathews on the othet hand Ive seen fight multiple times and honestly hasnt shown anything that remotely puts him as a top prospect. I hope im wrong about him as I like seeing a felow countrymen have success, bjt I just dont see it

Sage is more shredded, but Jake Matthews is bigger in size

I hate Northcutt but I don't get it - why are the UFC supportive of their wannabe golden boy continuing to fluctuate up and down weight-classes when he's got a stinking record outside of 155lbs? Surely they want him to climb the ladder?

Matthews via ownage, probably a submission in the 3rd.

Yeah, Sage ain't no "top prospect".

He's a man being spoon fed and still dribbling the shake.

Too right. But this still seems like a good fight.

Any chance to see Sage walk put to the octagon and get rubbed down in Vaseline, I’ll take it.

I can't see Sage keeping it standing. If it goes down to the ground, Mathews grinds him into paste.

The Matthews that fought The Leech should maul Sage. Sounds like a mismatch.

I hate Northcutt but I don't get it - why are the UFC supportive of their wannabe golden boy continuing to fluctuate up and down weight-classes when he's got a stinking record outside of 155lbs? Surely they want him to climb the ladder?

Matthews via ownage, probably a submission in the 3rd.

I understand not thinking he's all that good, but why hate the guy?

Seems odd.

lol uh.. okay?

matthews kills sage, especially now that his boxing is improving.

OptimalEnviousCub-size_restricted.gif

Back