The kid who will beat DJ is fighting tonight

I agree, it's almost impossible then to show some small time Japanese fighter whooping arse and comparing him to a fighter competing in the ufc, it's a huge step up fighting in the US.
Especially since Japanese are fond of hyping fighters with easier, spectacular wins. It's not that they are not ready for the US: it's that we see them knock 5 guys in a row in Japan but they can't bust a grape in the UFC. The level is just a couple of steps above.

The Doo Ho and Chang Sung are exceptions, is not normal. THEY can certainly bust a serious grape in the UFC! And they're Koreans.

Man, this guy throws down like kid used to. But kid had some Olympic like wrestling. What about this guy? What's he got to back up his striking?

(not being an asshole, I really would like to know. )

Put him against any top level wrestler and he is toast.

bwahaha. looks like an amateur. sorry. will get schooled by everyone in bellator. let alone the ufc.

He can be the first Asian UFC Champion, he needs Rickson as BJJ Instructor

How many Japanese fighters do you think are in the ufc? Compare that to the amount of Americans. Obviously the chance of finding a Japanese champ is more slim. It's just a matter of the stars aligning to find a superstar. This kid, I'm telling you is special. His striking at 18 is already more high level than any other Japanese mma fighter ever. He has all the time in the world to learn his grappling.

A lot of these fighters lack ambition. This kid wants the world. Just wait and see.

If he's already 18 he is way way behind in grappling.

He can be the first Asian UFC Champion, he needs Rickson as BJJ Instructor

Fuck Rickson, get this guy CM Punk.

Sure he might not be as good, or good in general but imagine all the Twitter followers he'd get, bang interim title shot for his first fight in the UFC.

Japanese fighters are great in Japan, put them in a cage in the US and suddenly they're poor, never quite grasped that...

It's that American MMA wrestling baby...

Jon Jones outwrestled Olympic wrestling captain with it..

B00m

@LHoee
Asian fighters do worse because historically, Asia has been more pacifist for longer periods of time.

What, exactly, are you basing this off of?

Some of the most violent and toughest governments and cities in the world are in Southeast Asia. Or are you one of those who group Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese as the true representatives of Asians? Even then, they are no slouches.

Culturally, the East Asian fighters have not had a good base in freestyle wrestling or at least MMA wrestling or the like. I think that is the most important component here. Striking was seen as the key skill for many decades.

It's that American MMA wrestling baby...

Jon Jones outwrestled Olympic wrestling captain with it..

B00m
I hope you're not referring to that grappling match lol I put more intensity into my final stretch masturbating than they did.

Man, this guy throws down like kid used to. But kid had some Olympic like wrestling. What about this guy? What's he got to back up his striking?

(not being an asshole, I really would like to know. )

Probably nothing. I did not create this thread, Tenshin is a striking prospect first and foremost. Knocked out a Lumpinee Champion in his last fight.

I'm not even sure if he has intentions to continue MMA after his Rizin debut.

Was he winning those fights?? Losing those fights?? Or a mixture?? I have no idea whose who in this videos.

that's probably a racist joke, but he is 17-0 in kickboxing so far.

bwahaha. looks like an amateur. sorry. will get schooled by everyone in bellator. let alone the ufc.

If you're basing this of his strinking, you're dead wrong. With his last win, he got higher striking credentials then 99% of UFC fighters.

Japanese fighters are great in Japan, put them in a cage in the US and suddenly they're poor, never quite grasped that...
Not to sound racist or anything, but if you look at Japanese men - generally effeminate looking, very little body hair, reputedly small penises - it's clear that they're essentially women by western standards. So of course they can't compete with men.

It is a different variation of the sport. The size of the octagon, inability to cut the ring, wrestling centric rules, fighting against the cage, makes a really big difference especially for fighters with a lot of experience in JMMA.

Not to sound racist or anything, but if you look at Japanese men - generally effeminate looking, very little body hair, reputedly small penises - it's clear that they're essentially women by western standards. So of course they can't compete with men.

so you've never watched other combat sports.

Back