MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1am EST in Rizin tonight.

Sage is only 19? This kid is only 18.

RIP flyw and BW division.

Last edited:
Japanese fighters are great in Japan, put them in a cage in the US and suddenly they're poor, never quite grasped that...

Well, this guy would have to be in the UFC TODAY to make that comparison. Northcutt would be hyped to all hell right now if he wasn't in the UFC because he'd be killing guys.

He's not ready for the UFC and he's only a part time fighter.

This guy would take a loss and you'd scoff at the idea of him being a prospect too.

mike-perry-31efc929563ee779.jpg

Japanese fighters are great in Japan, put them in a cage in the US and suddenly they're poor, never quite grasped that...

They're facing bigger fighters in America and the style is more physical here. Plus the cage is a totally different deal.

They're facing bigger fighters in America and the style is more physical here. Plus the cage is a totally different deal.
So the lads isn't the next big thing then unless it's in Japan is what you're saying?

pretty impressive he just beat the shit out of the invisible man

Let him do his MMA debut for now. His first goal is getting to fight with Takeru in K1 anyway.

Doubt he will pursue MMA for now until he cleaned up his division in K1.

maybe Americans are more comfortable being placed in a cage (aside from North Koreans and the Chinese, I suppose).
meanwhile the freedoms of Canadia are dangled in our faces (no homo)

maybe Americans are more comfortable being placed in a cage (aside from North Koreans and the Chinese, I suppose).
meanwhile the freedoms of Canadia are dangled in our faces (no homo)
Yet again all proving my point that he's not the next big thing, Americans are bigger and stronger wrestlers and Japanese suck in the cage, so what we have here is a talented young striker who will probably never leave Japan.

Yet again all proving my point that he's not the next big thing, Americans are bigger and stronger wrestlers and Japanese suck in the cage, so what we have here is a talented young striker who will probably never leave Japan.

It's needlessly racist to say the Japanese suck in the cage. It's more accurate to say that if you don't train or regularly compete in a cage, you'll have a harder time competing.

It's needlessly racist to say the Japanese suck in the cage. It's more accurate to say that if you don't train or regularly compete in a cage, you'll have a harder time competing.
racist? Making a point is racist now? Stick that card up your arse pal, you tell me how many have succeeded in the ufc?
I'm completely right this kid will go nowhere and the lot of yous are indirectly making my point for me.

Last edited:
A lot of non American fighters have struggled with wrestlers with a little bit of striking

racist? Making a point us racist now? Stick that card up your arse pal, you tell me how many have succeeded in the ufc?
I'm completely right this kid will go nowhere and the lot of yous are indirectly making my point for me.
How many Japanese fighters do you think are in the ufc? Compare that to the amount of Americans. Obviously the chance of finding a Japanese champ is more slim. It's just a matter of the stars aligning to find a superstar. This kid, I'm telling you is special. His striking at 18 is already more high level than any other Japanese mma fighter ever. He has all the time in the world to learn his grappling.

A lot of these fighters lack ambition. This kid wants the world. Just wait and see.

How many Japanese fighters do you think are in the ufc? Compare that to the amount of Americans. Obviously the chance of finding a Japanese champ is more slim. It's just a matter of the stars aligning to find a superstar. This kid, I'm telling you is special. His striking at 18 is already more high level than any other Japanese mma fighter ever. He has all the time in the world to learn his grappling.

A lot of these fighters lack ambition. This kid wants the world. Just wait and see.
We will see fella he's talented just they lack wrestling in Japan, unless he moves quickly (not sure where he trains) time will fly and so will his career.

Nature wants the strongest more formidable male to win.

Asian fighters do worse because historically, Asia has been more pacifist for longer periods of time.

That's bullshit. "Asia" has been doing exceptionally in most combat sports over the years. Japan, Thailand and the Phillipines have produced countless boxing world champs and Japan and Thailand rule the sub 70Kg kickboxing divisions.

MMA is missing the infrascruture in Asia and the amount of people that practice MMA to be overly successful. People rather do other martial arts here.

Back