Sage Northcutt Returns to LW; Fights Michael Quinones @ UFC Fight Night Norfolk

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Maybe. Maybe I don't know this guy and sherdog has him listed as 0-0 with 2 ammy fights. What is I am a casual fan? What are you like the reindeer coach on Rudolph? Hey everybody... look at the casual. I am either right or I am wrong based on sherdog. To go in your direction says way more about you than any insult I would bother to hurl.

you could always just read the thread before you post like a dumbass, the link was even posted all you had to do was click

The Norfolk card is shaping up to be a hardcore's delight. Should be some wars on here. Assuncao vs Lopez is a surprisingly good pairing.

I mean look at this thing! (Phrasing)

LW Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis
WW Matt Brown vs. Diego Sanchez
BW John Dodson vs. Marlon Moraes
MW Nate Marquardt vs. Cezar Ferreira
WSW Angela Hill vs. Nina Ansaroff
MW Darren Stewart vs. Karl Roberson
LHW Jake Collier vs. Marcel Fortuna
HW Andrei Arlovski vs. Júnior Albini
WW Court McGee vs. Sean Strickland
LW Clay Guida vs. Joe Lauzon
WSW Tatiana Suarez vs. Viviane Pereira
BW Raphael Assuncao vs Matthew Lopez
LW Sage Northcutt vs Michel Quinones
Alot of old school fighters on this one. I expect atleast two retirement speeches and a massive CTE discussion.

Really the perfect just bleed card. Hoping for a main event.

The Sage reks this fool and any other fool not named Platinum Mike Perry. Coming for gold at LW

upload_2017-9-19_15-31-30.jpeg

Northcutt getting an attempted gimme, theyre hoping this Quinones guy (moving up) will be giving up size meaning Sage can out-athlete and out-muscle him.

I'm taking Quinones, TKO, 2nd round.

Assuncao getting a major step down from Moraes. Lopez is a good prospect but he doesn't deserve Assuncao right now.

Is it just me or does this Norfolk card have more star power than most of the PPVs this year.

He'll still probably find a way to lose or at least still look terrible.

Finally. I was running out of fap material.

Sage lost to 2 decent guys..He should be able to beat this can

ObKfyYk.jpg

Wow...giving sage another can which he will probably lose to anyways. Wasting their time with sage. Would love if they gave him Mairbek to fight just to see sage get put away for good.

lol at these King of the Cage prelim fighters in UFC.

Sage lost to 2 decent guys..He should be able to beat this can

he lost to a guy with three pro fights.

one of which was against a wwe wrestler and one was against a fucking photographer

he was meant to beat gall easily.

but then, Berberana was also setup as a sacrificial lamb as well

ESPN.com reported today that Northcutt (8-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) has been booked to face Michel Quinones(8-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC)in a lightweight bout on Nov. 11 at UFC Fight Night 120. The event takes place at Ted Constant Convocation Center in Norfolk, Va., and airs on FS1.

It’s been a long road back to the octagon for Northcutt, who’s dropped two of his past three bouts. Most recently he was submitted by Mickey Gall at UFC on FOX 22 in December.

Originally, Northcutt hoped to return at UFC 211 in his native Texas, but that plan fell through when he underwent surgery to have his tonsils removed. Northcutt was booked to fight in July at UFC 214, though injuries during training camp to both Northcutt and opponent John Makdessi forced the cancellation of the bout.

Still considered a highly touted prospect despite his recent struggles, Northcutt hopes to finally fight for the first time this year – and at 155 pounds. His two losses have come at welterweight.

In Quinones, Northcutt faces an opponent coming off a TKO loss to Jared Gordon in his UFC debut in June at UFC Fight Night 112. Prior to that, Quinones was on a five-fight winning streak.

Additionally, bantamweight contender Raphael Assuncao has been booked to fight Matthew Lopezon the card.

Assuncao (25-5 MMA, 9-2 UFC), No. 4 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA bantamweight rankings, has won nine of his last 10 bouts and seeks his third consecutive victory. Lopez (10-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) carries his own two-fight winning streak into the contest.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/sage-northcutt-ufc-fight-night-120-vs-michel-quinones-raphael-assuncao

Good chance for sage to get back on the winning track. I've not given up faith in him just yet. I mean he is still so young and has plenty of time. It's just at this time he isn't a top level fighter yet. Given more time who knows.

Back