Sage Northcutt has Almost as Many Fights as Cain Velasquez

I'm talking about plenty of guys from those sport who had the athleticism to be successful but missed the boat for whatever reason be it guys who got injuries that prevented them from being successful in those sports, guys who pissed off the wrong people etc. There should be plenty of them.
But Yeah I'm sure the meat heads of the NFL or inner city youths of the NBA have no interest in fighting.

Apparently they won't have to because they're so superior right?

Connor Mcgregor literally just took rounds off the boxing GOAT. He lost but thats still more success than more experienced boxers have had.

A pro wrestler can also come over and completely embarrass himself.
But yeah, don't even bother bringing up said pro wrestlers, wrestling or football background.

Still an accomplishment. People age and injured and tend to get worse when they age and get injured.
I never disagreed that the heavyweight division was the worst but to call success in it as not an accomplishment is just silly.
And Youtube videos? Whos that?
this will be my last reply to you because we are taking over a thread and you dont quite get it.
So you tried moving the goal post from why dont athletes from major sports come over, which i explained to you, to " i meant the ones who didnt make it" .. which basically is what Im telling you. Washouts from other sports do come over and have success in MMA. Schaub knocked cro crop out, we have already been over how the HW GOAT got murked by an NFL washout, many others have played football or other sports and came over and had success. Also this may come as a shock to you, but just because someone can do something doesnt mean they want to. No reason to fight unless you really want to or have no other options..

Boxing isnt a major sport, another sport people without options get into. So the conor example is useless.

Just the fact a pro wrestler can come over and be on the biggest stage (PPV) says all you need to know about my argument. You see many pro wrestlers in MLB, NBA, Soccer or NFL?

Kimbo started out on youtube and on internet vids

THE HW division is weak. Its not a big deal to be the GOAT of it.. you are beating up guys who didnt make it in other sports.. thats the point..n This was explained to you a few post ago

"Its not an accomplishment. We just seen a LHW go up and rag doll the HW with most title defenses.. Big men with actual athletic ability play real sports, they dont have to get punched for a living.. The lower divisions are better because the guys are athletic but are to small to play in a major sport.
you wont see the greatest in a sport get beat or outdone by a washout of another sport anywhere but MMA. Jordan couldnt make it in MLB, A guy with two tackles in the NFL beat the GOAT HW..."

I don't want to rag on Sage because I can see that the dude has a good heart BUT, I believe he is being primed to become a great champion someday.

His competition has been mid level so far.

Being that he is still a kid, he is in the process of ascending that mountain.

Stay tuned!

He is a kid, but so was Jon Jones when he won the UFC lightheavyweight belt. Though I do agree they are trying to groom him.

hopefully he keeps the pace up, I like guys who fight 2-3 times a year... they all should.

Isnt his contract up though? heard that someplace

because MLB, NFL, NBA guys get paid well and know fighting is beneath them... Why would anyone want to get punched in the face if they dont have to... Your question pretty much sums up what I have been telling you..
.. name an MMA fighter who went over to a major sport and had success....
Name a major sport where a pro wrestler can come over and be a champion...

No one is saying MMA isnt a hard sport, Im telling you the HW division is a joke and being the GOAT of it doesnt really matter much.... when the GOAT of it loses to middle weights and NFL washouts... When a LHW can come up and knock out the champion with most defenses.. When A pro wrestler can come in and quickly become champion. Hell a guy made youtube videos and came in and fought in the division.
I like how you guys never take into consideration that martial arts takes years to master, especially BJJ. Maybe that’s why you don’t see those “A level” athletes into mma. It takes time and discipline.

I like how you guys never take into consideration that martial arts takes years to master, especially BJJ. Maybe that’s why you don’t see those “A level” athletes into mma. It takes time and discipline.
yeah took my 13 year old cousin almost 5 years to be a black belt.

anyways, no one is saying MMA isnt tough, Im saying the HW division is weak and being the goat of it isnt really saying much. The lower divisions are all much better and more impressive.

Overrated because he has 16 fights and in the latter part of his career has not been active?
Seems more like injured than overrated.
Lol at the latter part. Cain was notably inactive during his prime.

Cain is somewhat more skilled than Sage, but Sage is clearly tougher and more durable than Cain.

anyways, no one is saying MMA isnt tough, Im saying the HW division is weak and being the goat of it isnt really saying much. The lower divisions are all much better and more impressive.
Wow! Who did he trained under? Took my former coach over a decade to get his black belt. You do know that not every school is the same when it comes to combat grappling?

You call those cans opponents? Sage has how many top 10 wins? FUCK THIS THREAD. Cody Phister and prime JDS are two different species.

Since you've already conceded defeat, I will give me final rebuttal as well.

So you tried moving the goal post from why dont athletes from major sports come over, which i explained to you, to " i meant the ones who didnt make it" .. which basically is what Im telling you. Washouts from other sports do come over and have success in MMA.

Yet you can only name two. Schaub and Mitrione. Plenty have tried and failed absolutely none, 0 have achieved a level of greatness. The best thing they've done is have some success and beat washed up old men who should have retired years ago.

As for goalpost moving. I started arguing with you because you made dumb claims like "becoming heavyweight GOAT is not an accomplishment." Then when you brought up the point that washed out athletes from other sport easily dominate, I told you why thats stupid. If anything I'm shifting my argument with the goalposts you moved.

Schaub knocked cro crop out, we have already been over how the HW GOAT got murked by an NFL washout, many others have played football or other sports and came over and had success.
You can only name two guys, I can only name two guys and I've been watching for far longer than you.

Also this may come as a shock to you, but just because someone can do something doesnt mean they want to. No reason to fight unless you really want to or have no other options..

Yeah there's a ton of money in football, basketball etc. There's a ton of money in the high levels of MMA too, if it's so easy why don't we see plenty of athletes who couldn't quite make it in those sports switch over and dominate?

Just the fact a pro wrestler can come over and be on the biggest stage (PPV) says all you need to know about my argument. You see many pro wrestlers in MLB, NBA, Soccer or NFL?
Once again, MMA is an easy sport to get into, hard to master. You don't see these guys getting into boxing either but apparently an MMA fighter going over to boxing and taking rounds off the GOAT isn't impressive to you.

Brock is a special case. He's been an athlete all his life, wrestling all his life, even played some football. He also did far better in football than he had a right to. There will not be another Brock Lesnar in our lifetime.

Kimbo started out on youtube and on internet vids
Kimbo who never had a good win in MMA and got destroyed whenever he fought a half decent fighter, that Kimbo?

THE HW division is weak. Its not a big deal to be the GOAT of it.. you are beating up guys who didnt make it in other sports.. thats the point..n This was explained to you a few post ago
It's not a big deal to be arguably the biggest, toughest guy in the world, got you.

Let me spell it out for you once more. There are plenty of guys in the position Schaub and Mitrione were in Football, those guys don't make great money like the actual team players, nor will you ever hear about them and they won't have many great options to make a living after they retire.

Being great at MMA will give you plenty of fame and fortune. If it's so easy for these other athletes the sport should be absolutely filled with them, yet its not. Instead they'd rather make less money doing other things after retirement.

Here's a guy with one fight KOing Johnny Morton:

Here's Jose Canseco getting destroyed:

This is probably a lie, or he's at a mcdojo. Name him, there should be info on him online if he's that young a black belt(yes even at 18).

Sage should go to Bellator and fight that YouTube idiot for millions. Coker could promote the hell out of that kid, give him a great WWE style entrance.

Wow! Who did he trained under? Took my former coach over a decade to get his black belt. You do know that not every school is the same when it comes to combat grappling?
u said it takes martial arts years to master... I never said he did BJJ. He did Karate

Since you've already conceded defeat, I will give me final rebuttal as well.

Yet you can only name two. Schaub and Mitrione. Plenty have tried and failed absolutely none, 0 have achieved a level of greatness. The best thing they've done is have some success and beat washed up old men who should have retired years ago.

As for goalpost moving. I started arguing with you because you made dumb claims like "becoming heavyweight GOAT is not an accomplishment." Then when you brought up the point that washed out athletes from other sport easily dominate, I told you why thats stupid. If anything I'm shifting my argument with the goalposts you moved.

You can only name two guys, I can only name two guys and I've been watching for far longer than you.

Yeah there's a ton of money in football, basketball etc. There's a ton of money in the high levels of MMA too, if it's so easy why don't we see plenty of athletes who couldn't quite make it in those sports switch over and dominate?

Once again, MMA is an easy sport to get into, hard to master. You don't see these guys getting into boxing either but apparently an MMA fighter going over to boxing and taking rounds off the GOAT isn't impressive to you.

Brock is a special case. He's been an athlete all his life, wrestling all his life, even played some football. He also did far better in football than he had a right to. There will not be another Brock Lesnar in our lifetime.

Kimbo who never had a good win in MMA and got destroyed whenever he fought a half decent fighter, that Kimbo?

It's not a big deal to be arguably the biggest, toughest guy in the world, got you.

Let me spell it out for you once more. There are plenty of guys in the position Schaub and Mitrione were in Football, those guys don't make great money like the actual team players, nor will you ever hear about them and they won't have many great options to make a living after they retire.

Being great at MMA will give you plenty of fame and fortune. If it's so easy for these other athletes the sport should be absolutely filled with them, yet its not. Instead they'd rather make less money doing other things after retirement.

Here's a guy with one fight KOing Johnny Morton:

Here's Jose Canseco getting destroyed:

This is probably a lie, or he's at a mcdojo. Name him, there should be info on him online if he's that young a black belt(yes even at 18).

lol at you watching longer than me.. Why because you started on an MMA forum before me. What a stupid thing to say, I have been watching Baseball and football my whole life never joined a forum... Also My account on MMA junkie is older than your account here if it makes you feel better.

No, I only named two but thats not all I can name. Feel free to google it there are plenty, one just had a fight a few weeks ago and he couldnt even make the NFL...Dominated the fight though

Yes the kimbo who wasnt very good was good enough to make it into the "elite" MMA org....as a HW. Once again you proved my point without trying to.

LOL at being great at MMA will give you great fame and fortune... Most guys have to fight into there mid 40's just to make a living... No one knows who they are. Go to the street and ask someone if they know who fador is, then go ask them any NBA or football player and see the response you get.

your living in a dream world if you think a good athlete would rather fight than play other sports... HW division is weak... biggest toughest guy in the world....lol. ok.

Yeah but Sage fought trash and even lost to low tier fighters. Cain was champ. No comparison.

I like how everyone ignores Cains win over Lesnar who was #1 in the world after Fedor lost.

Because no one buys those bias rankings made by companies bowing to zuffa so they could keep their media license.

lol at you watching longer than me.. Why because you started on an MMA forum before me. What a stupid thing to say, I have been watching Baseball and football my whole life never joined a forum... Also My account on MMA junkie is older than your account here if it makes you feel better.
More lies, cool.

No, I only named two but thats not all I can name. Feel free to google it there are plenty, one just had a fight a few weeks ago and he couldnt even make the NFL...Dominated the fight though
Greg Hardy. Cool that's 3 and he's beat who exactly?

Yes the kimbo who wasnt very good was good enough to make it into the "elite" MMA org....as a HW. Once again you proved my point without trying to.
Kimbo got into the UFC for one reason, ratings. Same reason CM Punk got into the UFC, same reason James Toney got into the UFC. None of these guys had success but made plenty of money proving my point.

LOL at being great at MMA will give you great fame and fortune... Most guys have to fight into there mid 40's just to make a living... No one knows who they are. Go to the street and ask someone if they know who fador is, then go ask them any NBA or football player and see the response you get.
Fedor is a millionnaire, Cain made over 100k per fight post Rothwell, Stipe made almost a million for the DC fight. Conor Mcgregor is known by everyone, everywhere. Tell me more about how there's no fame or fortune.

Back