Sage Northcutt has Almost as Many Fights as Cain Velasquez

So fucking what. Cain has two world titles you faithless slime. AKA all the way.

I think you and I, and even Sage would say:

“Mr. Velasquez, we would like to see you fight more often.”

that's aka style

fight, get injured in training, and fight again next year.

People were calling him the greatest heavyweight of all time, yeah he was overrated.
being called the greatest heavyweight of all time in MMA isnt a compliment... Weak ass division. the other "greatest" lost to a NFL washout and a middleweight.... more of an insult suggesting there fat ass couldnt cut down to a good division.

being called the greatest heavyweight of all time in MMA isnt a compliment... Weak ass division. the other "greatest" lost to a NFL washout and a middleweight.... more of an insult suggesting there fat ass couldnt cut down to a good division.
Totally bro, not an accomplishment at all.

They're lucky you've decided to stay on the couch and out the gym, otherwise they'd all be toast.

no, the point is how some people keep talking about Cain like he's got this long storied career and destroyed a who's who of the HW division.

the reality is, he has as much fights as a 4 year pro, even though he's been a pro for 12 years.

his entire claim to fame is the fact that JDS in his prime was an absolute monster and he slayed that monster 2 out of 3 times.

how long can you live on 2 wins though?

Who really has destroyed a "Who's who" of the HW division? Maybe JDS or Werdum I guess.

Totally bro, not an accomplishment at all.

They're lucky you've decided to stay on the couch and out the gym, otherwise they'd all be toast.
are you suggesting the HW division is good? lol.
Its not an accomplishment. We just seen a LHW go up and rag doll the HW with most title defenses.. Big men with actual athletic ability play real sports, they dont have to get punched for a living.. The lower divisions are better because the guys are athletic but are to small to play in a major sport.
you wont see the greatest in a sport get beat or outdone by a washout of another sport anywhere but MMA. Jordan couldnt make it in MLB, A guy with two tackles in the NFL beat the GOAT HW...

Last edited:
is sage still under contract? I heard it was coming up. Wonder if he will stick around

are you suggesting the HW division is good? lol.
Its not an accomplishment. We just seen a LHW go up and rag doll the HW with most title defenses.. Big men with actual athletic ability play real sports, they dont have to get punched for a living.. The lower divisions are better because the guys are athletic but are to small to play in a major sport.
you wont see the greatest in a sport get beat or outdone but a washout of another sport anywhere but MMA. Jordan couldnt make it in MLB, A guy with two tackles in the NFL beat the GOAT HW...
Totally dude, not an accomplishment, not even hard.

Because why would any washed up athlete bother making a load of fame and fortune by becoming heavyweight champ, when they can sit on couch all day?

Heavyweight champ? Pfft not an accomplishment, I'm sure you won 12 heavyweight belts just typing that idiotic post.

Totally dude, not an accomplishment, not even hard.

Because why would any washed up athlete bother making a load of fame and fortune by becoming heavyweight champ, when they can sit on couch all day?

Heavyweight champ? Pfft not an accomplishment, I'm sure you won 12 heavyweight belts just typing that idiotic post.
how can you win a HW belt by typing? do you not know how MMA works?

I think you missed the point completely. Also what is your obsession with people sitting on couches?

how can you win a HW belt by typing? do you not know how MMA works?

I think you missed the point completely. Also what is your obsession with people sitting on couches?
Just because the heavyweight division is considered weaker, doesn't make becoming it's GOAT not an accomplishment nor is it an easy task.

you wont see the greatest in a sport get beat or outdone but a washout of another sport anywhere but MMA.
As for this point, MMA is a more difficult sport to master, Mitrione has plenty of losses himself, Fedor is years out his prime, Football translates well to MMA both being a violent sport. If 'washed out athletes from other sports' have it so easy then why is Mitrione the only top 20 one in MMA right now? Where are all the other Mitriones from Football(believe me there's plenty), where are the Mitriones from Basketball or Baseball? We always act like other sports have greater athletes, then why are the heavier divisions of MMA not full of these washed out NFL or NBA guys?

As for this point, MMA is a more difficult sport to master, Mitrione has plenty of losses himself, Fedor is years out his prime, Football translates well to MMA both being a violent sport. If 'washed out athletes from other sports' have it so easy then why is Mitrione the only top 20 one in MMA right now? Where are all the other Mitriones from Football(believe me there's plenty), where are the Mitriones from Basketball or Baseball? We always act like other sports have greater athletes, then why are the heavier divisions of MMA not full of these washed out NFL or NBA guys?
because MLB, NFL, NBA guys get paid well and know fighting is beneath them... Why would anyone want to get punched in the face if they dont have to... Your question pretty much sums up what I have been telling you..
.. name an MMA fighter who went over to a major sport and had success....
Name a major sport where a pro wrestler can come over and be a champion...

No one is saying MMA isnt a hard sport, Im telling you the HW division is a joke and being the GOAT of it doesnt really matter much.... when the GOAT of it loses to middle weights and NFL washouts... When a LHW can come up and knock out the champion with most defenses.. When A pro wrestler can come in and quickly become champion. Hell a guy made youtube videos and came in and fought in the division.

That fukin Sage shoop got me good haha.

because MLB, NFL, NBA guys get paid well and know fighting is beneath them...
I'm talking about plenty of guys from those sport who had the athleticism to be successful but missed the boat for whatever reason be it guys who got injuries that prevented them from being successful in those sports, guys who pissed off the wrong people etc. There should be plenty of them.
But Yeah I'm sure the meat heads of the NFL or inner city youths of the NBA have no interest in fighting.

Why would anyone want to get punched in the face if they dont have to...
Apparently they won't have to because they're so superior right?

.. name an MMA fighter who went over to a major sport and had success....
Connor Mcgregor literally just took rounds off the boxing GOAT. He lost but thats still more success than more experienced boxers have had.

Name a major sport where a pro wrestler can come over and be a champion...
A pro wrestler can also come over and completely embarrass himself.
But yeah, don't even bother bringing up said pro wrestlers, wrestling or football background.

when the GOAT of it loses to middle weights and NFL washouts... When a LHW can come up and knock out the champion with most defenses. When A pro wrestler can come in and quickly become champion. Hell a guy made youtube videos and came in and fought in the division.

Still an accomplishment. People age and injured and tend to get worse when they age and get injured.
I never disagreed that the heavyweight division was the worst but to call success in it as not an accomplishment is just silly.
And Youtube videos? Whos that?

Sage has been a pro 4 years has 13 fights

Cain has been a pro 12 years has 16 fights

I never gave it any thought but that is insane.

Seriously, what the hell is up with Cain? I refuse to believe anyone is legitimately injured as much as this guy.

Back