Sage is only 19

209NickDiaz

Gold Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
That kid has room for improvement, he's still young and still have time! UFC wants to build him up!
He will be back! God bless Sage!

Well he's got time to improve but his heart isn't there and I'm not sure that can be trained.

Tell you what, he's way ahead of Jones when he was his age. jones wasn't even allow to compete for the TUF due to his age. Here we have Sage at 19, winning 2 out of 3 fights in the UFC.

He's only 19, give him a break. This loss does not mean his career is over.

Remember who else lost by submission early in his career where he tapped too quickly?

McGregor. Didn't hurt his career much did it?

That kid has room for improvement, he's still young and still have time! UFC wants to build him up!
He will be back! God bless Sage!
Agreed! Sage NORTHCUTT has all the physical gifts and now just needs a good camp and to focus 100% on fighting! SageGoat will be back!

#sagebless

He should get a better camp. He has potential and looks like a humble nice person...

Got his loss out of the way and now he only improves from here on.

Enjoy it while it lasts, haters. Northcutt will be champ. This loss will change his life. He will not want to experience this terrible feeling again.

Its kinda pathetic to see neckbeards talking shit about such a successful 19 year old. Like, I can understand why they'd antagonize huge fans but seriously, its just sad.

I dont think sage will likely ever be a UFC champ, but who knows. Hes fucking young.

I don't get why people hate this kid! I mean it's okay not to be a supporter, but doesn't mean you have to be a hater!

He's young and talented, no one thinks he would have come in and wins the belt! He's obviously got holes, but he will come back stronger from every loss...

Well he's got time to improve but his heart isn't there and I'm not sure that can be trained.
This. There's a cold bloodedness to fighting that rarely gets trained. I'll be surprised to see him improve that.

As far as being young, it means nothing. Struve was young, and is still young, yet has never really improved. Same with Diego and other fighters.

.....so your saying all those rabid Sage lovers put all there hopes and dreams on a 19 year old and now want everyone to give him a break because he's a 19 year old.....

See the conflict?

Its kinda pathetic to see neckbeards talking shit about such a successful 19 year old. Like, I can understand why they'd antagonize huge fans but seriously, its just sad.

I dont think sage will likely ever be a UFC champ, but who knows. Hes fucking young.
In all honesty it is sad. Then again, this is the same group of people harassing PVZ for over a year about shaving her head. People latch onto something and won't let go until they get what they want. People hated Sage the moment they saw his face on Dana's reality show.

Dude's never done anything negative to make people dislike him. I think he's a cool guy and once he finds the proper coach to mould him into what he can be, I think he'll be great.

Dad's gotten him a long way and deserves a lot of credit, but maybe it's time to move forward.

I found even with Joe, you could tell by the tone of his voice that he wanted to see Sage lose. People feel shit like that.

.....so your saying all those rabid Sage lovers put all there hopes and dreams on a 19 year old and now want everyone to give him a break because he's a 19 year old.....

See the conflict?

No. There is no conflict. He lost, big deal.

McGregor also lost early in his career. Tapped too early to a submission as well. That certainly didn't derail his career.

No. There is no conflict. He lost, big deal.

McGregor also lost early in his career. Tapped too early to a submission as well. That certainly didn't derail his career.

I agree, he shouldnt have any problem recovery from this.

...its his fans I'm referring to. 9 months of so much fanaticism for someone too young to consider yet.

Im sensing some strawman arguments goin on here. The hate was not for Sage, Page, etc... It was for Dana for ignoring proven prospects with legit wins, and instead, paying and promoting the fighters he THOUGHT would be popular Draws....before they actually were.

Sage is too young to be in the UFC, he would have too much wear and tear on him by the time he peaked.

Back