Sage: Do you honestly see top 10 potential?

He has shown a killer instinct in the cage since his first fight with Trevino. What are YOU talking about? Sage probably has all kinds of pent-up repressed childhood rage to feed off of.

Trevino, the guy on 5 days notice who popped for weed? That's like saying white belts have killer instinct, no, they're mentally freaking out and don't know what to do so they just go ballz out with whatever skills they have. His dad had a little had in those cute karate trophies, maybe even mother nature was called upon to help his prepubescent career. I think it might have caused brain damage. Sage isn't exactly normal. If he met me and called me sir or Mr I would be creeped out. Who and where is Trevino now? Are you serious? Why dignify this?

Sage ended his UFC career. Next question.

Yes. I'm serious. Why you raging?
No football no basketball no baseball we on all-star break world cup over wimbledon over UFC over these are the dark times for any sports fan. And so I rage, I burn, I writhe, I suffer and I want those around me to feel this kind of existential pain. Women's college softball and cornhole on ESPN bro! I'm destitute. And I'm sorry ... not sorry. At all.

He's a pretty legit karate fighter. Maybe he needs to learn some sumo to get to that next level. :p

. Rooting for the guy since he seems nice and rubs sherdoggers the wrong way.

A lot of the rubbing the way is just unwarranted coverage in terms of his ability.

His opponents aren't UFC guys and I get signing a developmental deal so someone else doesn't grab him. But his fights should be hyped up on prelims or fightpass or first fights on a card, not co-maining.

He's a pretty legit karate fighter. Maybe he needs to learn some sumo to get to that next level. :p

I think it's a little late for that, 2009 was almost 10 years ago...

This thread is indirectly bashing Ottow haha honestly this was a big win for sage. Ottow is a solid fighter (lost to Sergio Moraes by SD) and Sage actually overcame adversity on the ground against a bjj black belt rather than getting arm triangled hella easily. Come to think of it Moraes wouldn't be a bad fight for Sage. He has fantastic grappling, but his takedowns are pretty meh and he's very hittable.

A lot of the rubbing the way is just unwarranted coverage in terms of his ability.

His opponents aren't UFC guys and I get signing a developmental deal so someone else doesn't grab him. But his fights should be hyped up on prelims or fightpass or first fights on a card, not co-maining.
Zak Ottow has wins over Mike Pyle and Josh Burkman and has 6 UFC fights

Are you making light of the fact he lost too both of them? He still can't beat Gall. The gulf in skill on the ground is huge.

They both beat him?? They are far from top ten.

He looks like those dumb douchebags but with a heart of gold.

I hope he does well. He gets a lot of hate for a 22 year old guy. He's doing all the right things.

He’s not a roided out fighter like paulo costa. Sherdoggers usually accuse fighters of roiding when they look like sage... he must be clean because he ia american!!!

He’s not a roided out fighter like paulo costa. Sherdoggers usually accuse fighters of roiding when they look like sage... he must be clean because he ia american!!!

Whhhhat? He doesn't get accused could nsta tly because he is so far out of the title picture. The link has already been made on here plenty of tines about Sages dad being linked to a steroid arrest.

You could make the argument for his first few opponents, but Ottow and Gouti weren't kept to feed Sage. Gouti managed to salvage his job with a first round stoppage over Andrew Holbrook, he's by no means decent though, I'll give you that, and Ottow does belong, even if you could argue that his wins over Pyle and Burkman aren't that good because they're old. He also had a very close fight with Sergio Moraes.

Sage shouldn't be catching flak for what the UFC does, I mean, they saw a marketable guy and are in the process of building him up. If they treat him like Bellator does to MVP though, then I'd say the hate is warranted.

I really don't. He still looks like an amateur off his back, has zero sense of pacing and nearly got Duffee'd by Ottow.

This kid will only hang around as long as the UFC keeps the kiddy wheels on. But really: what incentive do they have to do that if he can never legitimately break into the top 10?
Com on man. He’s only in ufc cuz new owners like poster faces

Zak Ottow has wins over Mike Pyle and Josh Burkman and has 6 UFC fights
You could argue that he's the first guy Sage has beaten that he should have had trouble with, but yea, Ottow isn't an easy out. People are still stuck on "he's only 19", and can't accept that maybe, just maybe, Sage has actually improved.

You could make the argument for his first few opponents, but Ottow and Gouti weren't kept to feed Sage. Gouti managed to salvage his job with a first round stoppage over Andrew Holbrook, he's by no means decent though, I'll give you that, and Ottow does belong, even if you could argue that his wins over Pyle and Burkman aren't that good because they're old. He also had a very close fight with Sergio Moraes.

Sage shouldn't be catching flak for what the UFC does, I mean, they saw a marketable guy and are in the process of building him up. If they treat him like Bellator does to MVP though, then I'd say the hate is warranted.
Against the UFC, not Sage. It'd only be warranted for Sage if he starts feeling he's owed a title shot for beating has beens and never was fighters. Which he doesn't seem to be.

Against the UFC, not Sage. It'd only be warranted for Sage if he starts feeling he's owed a title shot for beating has beens and never was fighters. Which he doesn't seem to be.
I meant it more in that they let him cherry pick cans to crush, but yeah, the hate should go towards the UFC first and foremost.

He's nothing special at all. Hes 22 and he's fighting local circuit guys like any other 22 year old pro with an ok record. He's just lucky enough to get to do it in the UFC
<WellThere>

Back