Saffiedine/Lim Crazy Finish in the 5th Round (gif) + Backstage Pic after the fight

Nice fight. Both have some good fights ahead of them imo.

But for real, this fucking judging man...

I can see how Lim gets round one 10-9, and round 5 could arguably have been a 10-10 due to his late flurry, but Saffiedine had him beat 10-8 or worse in rounds 2-4. Terrible officiating on this card. Leon Roberts is the only one who can do his job correctly.

Saffiedine fought a strange fight. He had Lim utterly done by the beginning of the 4th round and then appeared to completely gas or pick up an injury while doing very little work on the ground. Lim showed how limited he was even if he showed some impressive toughness, and Saffiedine had a rather baffling performance in the last two rounds, though he looked good early. As good as everyone says Tarec is defensively, he isn't that difficult to hit and he relies on a high guard far too much. Still, he's a promising fighter in the WW division because of he has pretty good defensive grappling in addition to his vicious kicking game.

i didn't like the way Tarec did his best Anderson Silva Dubai impression and did fuck all in the last round. walking away like that was driving me crazy. i know he had already won, but i gotta admit i so badly wanted Lim to get the KO at the end.

By "crazy finish" do you mean Lim's sloppy attempt at finishing a fight that he got dominated in?

I guess my punching technique has been wrong all along. I thought that you were supposed to protect your face, turn your shoulder, snap the hips hips and land clean, precise strikes to the body and head. Little did I know that you should leave your chin exposed, tossing wild knees and haymayers while your chances at getting a title shot diminish with every strike that you don't land.

You learn something new every day.

Are you really that clueless or just trolling? lim did exactly what he was supposed to do, try to win at any cost. You described a nice way to lose a decision.

Are you really that clueless or just trolling? lim did exactly what he was supposed to do, try to win at any cost. You described a nice way to lose a decision.

I was commenting on the complete lack of technique. I thought that his desperate attempt to finish was comical. Like he finally realized that he's behind on the scoreboards and runs at him full force. Still lost and controlled against the fence at the last second. The guy should get a new trainer.

The end was insane, so much respect for Lim hanging on and even almost finding a way to win it at the end of the 5th. That's incredible considering the abuse his body took.

By "crazy finish" do you mean Lim's sloppy attempt at finishing a fight that he got dominated in?

I guess my punching technique has been wrong all along. I thought that you were supposed to protect your face, turn your shoulder, snap the hips hips and land clean, precise strikes to the body and head. Little did I know that you should leave your chin exposed, tossing wild knees and haymayers while your chances at getting a title shot diminish with every strike that you don't land.

You learn something new every day.

You sound like a great fighter. If you are so good and Lim's so bad, why don't you give him a lesson? Yeah... I didn't think so.

I think the finish was possible because Tarec was pretty gassed, still pretty impressive Lim managed to pull that off. Goes to show you how a hometown crowd and adrenaline can go a long way.

Back