Saffiedine/Lim Crazy Finish in the 5th Round (gif) + Backstage Pic after the fight

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
8.gif

Last 15 seconds of the fight

Great fight. Lim almost won with one leg! :)

EDIT:

Tarec Saffiedine ✔ @tarecfighter
Follow
Spoiler Alert :) - THANK YOU ALL! http://fb.me/6FiJeNStE
Warrior and great opponent! Thank you Lim for this oppt.

BdJkDalCQAAjAqZ.jpg:large

Last edited:
respect to Lim for surviving but imo he got dominated this fight

respect to Lim for surviving but imo he got dominated this fight

2 judges scored it 48-47? But yep Tarec clearly won rounds 2-4 no doubt

I think Lim clearly won rnd 1 and 5.

He just got brutalized by leg kicks 2,3 and 4.

He showed heart though going all 5 rounds and even winning the 5th n almost finishing tarec.

no he did not almost win.

Yeah you're right if you look purely at the scoring. But Tarec messed him up very, very badly this fight. I mean he collapsed how many times from the leg kicks? Then you have the knee to the liver, the knee to the chin, the beautiful feints and counters.
I thought the way Tarec handled him was beautiful. He was tactical and collected, it was like watching a muay-thai master go to work.
It's obvious very hard to trade with a guy like Lim who is huge and has very powerful striking, albeit a little sloppy, but honestly I don't think Lim had the advantage in the standup at all in this fight except for a couple of kicks he caught (and ofcourse the ending).

ps: huge saffiedine fan since his strikeforce days, but I didn't think he'd handle a guy like Lim that easily. Major props to Lim for being such a warrior, I'm a fan, still don't think he's in the same league as Tarec.

If he keeps improving he will be a contender one day, I don't know how good korean camps are, KZ seems to be improving every fight but I'm not sure where he trains

nice to see guys going for the finish at the end of a fight.

Gotta say I was cheering for him to get the come from behind finish there at the end.

i was rooting for saf at the start of the fight but turned to lim at the end. gotta love a comeback story.

If he keeps improving he will be a contender one day, I don't know how good korean camps are, KZ seems to be improving every fight but I'm not sure where he trains

Korean Top Team. They have a stable of badass up and comers.

edit: I know nothing. Apparently he parted ways with them a year back. Started his own gym.

if you think about it. This fight is a stylistically a bad match up for someone like Lim.

Lim is a power/brawler, who also uses his size to his advantage for wrestling defense.

Yet Saffiedine is one of those strikers that know how to control distance and fight very tactically. Yet Saffiedine doesn't have huge power in his striking... he only won once with a knockout, submission 5 times, and decision 9 times...

He has much more of a chance of being wrestle fucked against a wrestler. Because if you don't hit that hard, you can just take it and take him down.

Yet if it's Lim, he has the size advantage against most welterweights, but also has the power to knock you out.
He's style is very much geared to wrestlers imo.

And Tarec is more of a k1 style...

This is why against wrestlers, Knees are a much better option then kicks, because you can sprawl easily with a knee rather than kicks.

I also think this is the reason why he's staying in welterweight... UFC welterweight has a lot of wrestlers that's why.

Actually with hindsight I am 100% sure now.

I mean Saffiedine is one of the best defensive/technical strikers in welterweight I think, I mean he became a champion in Strikeforce so I guess he is the best outstriker in Welterweight.

This fight would have been easy to call if you have a really high fight IQ. Unless Lim came out round 1 with the mindset he had in round 5. The chances were against him.

Last edited:
Back