Saffiedine has been the most disappointing import the UFC got out of fighters in their purime

Yeah pretty disappointing career although he has been facing very tough competition. Give him guys outside the top 10-15 and he would have done fine but yeah never lived up to the career he had in Strikeforce.

Gomi, Tarec, Brooks, cro cop, Lombard, lil Nog

CRO cop by a longshot.

That he was out of his prime bullshit is a crock.

Saffiedine and Brooks are great picks.

Giblert absolutely deserves a mention though. He may be the most under-the-radar disappointment of all. 1-5 in the UFC with his sole win over an over-the-hill Diego Sanchez (although it was a crazy fight). He's only faced top competition, but I thought he should/could have beat a few of those guys.

Marcin Held is another massive disappointment after all of his crazy submissions in Bellator.

Gil should’ve been champ though. Got robbed and hasnt been consistently active since.

Prime Gil doesn’t brick against the likes of Jeremy Stephens so I’m guessing he’s just past it now

Saffiedine and Brooks are great picks.

Giblert absolutely deserves a mention though. He may be the most under-the-radar disappointment of all. 1-5 in the UFC with his sole win over an over-the-hill Diego Sanchez (although it was a crazy fight). He's only faced top competition, but I thought he should/could have beat a few of those guys.

Marcin Held is another massive disappointment after all of his crazy submissions in Bellator.
Ya Gilbert should be number 1 on this list. There was a time when people were ranking him number 1 over Edgar when Edgar was the champ. He got to fight the champs from every other promotion when he came to the ufc and lost to all of them.

Alvarez-bellator champ, became ufc champ
Pettis-wec and ufc champ
Henderson-wec and ufc champ

Gil was ranked over all of those guys when they were in other promotions, yet they all got the ufc belt, and he could only beat Diego.

Never thought he was all that good, too cautious/conservative for me.

He’s a volume kickboxer who doesn’t throw volume and has no power at all

Most PRIDE guys that underperformed were past it. Most of the Strikeforce and WEC guys rekt shit when they got to the UFC

but Saffiedine has been nothing but mediocre. SF WW champion, dominant performance against TRT Marquardt after he murked Woodley. in the UFC: 2-4, 6 fights in 4 years...........

takes him 1 year to debut...............goes 5 rounds in a FOTN with a mediocre fighter in Hyun Gu Lim.

shouldve given Hory puroblemz with his kicking game but got picked apart and stopped in the 3rd

beats Jake at a time Jake was on the way out but he got hurt multiple times a

then loses 3 sturaight to Story, DHK and RDA. IF u had to bet the house on a fighter going to decision hed be near the top of the list. He got 3-0d by Story and RDA. He shouldve prolly edged out the DHK fight but the 2nd round was very, very close, and it was so fucken boring no one cared
Saffiedine definitely fell short in terms of personal goals but was no easy out for no one.

I've always remained consistent on this pov- Brandon Vera and Denis Kang have been ufc s 2 biggest disappointment. Vera defeated Mir coming off motorcycle accident and did didly squat after that and I phrase it that way cause his big mouth would spit out he would become UFC 2 DIVISION CHAMP and said it every time a camera was on him.

....and Kang- omg- he brought some serious expectations with him and the proverbial joke he turned out to be

I expected a little more out of Lombard

His fights with Story and RDA were very close, just saying.
He is a very good fighter, he has not underperformed in the UFC, the sport is getting more competitive and the WW division is a shark tank.

Pretty convenient for those that thought the UFC fighters couldn't stack up to Prides that the Pride fighter were suddenly past their prime. It's like the time between the deal being signed and the ink drying they all hit the wall.

Pride fighters did very well against the opposing UFC fighters of the same generation. Rampage beat Chuck + Jardine + a close fight with Forrest. Shogun beat Chuck + Machida and went 1-1 with Forrest. Nog beat Silvia and became the interim champ then beat Couture after. It's when Pride fighters fought the next generation (Jones, Velazquez etc) that they started losing, with Cro Crop being a clear exception.

Back