Saffiedine has been the most disappointing import the UFC got out of fighters in their purime

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Most PRIDE guys that underperformed were past it. Most of the Strikeforce and WEC guys rekt shit when they got to the UFC

but Saffiedine has been nothing but mediocre. SF WW champion, dominant performance against TRT Marquardt after he murked Woodley. in the UFC: 2-4, 6 fights in 4 years...........

takes him 1 year to debut...............goes 5 rounds in a FOTN with a mediocre fighter in Hyun Gu Lim.

shouldve given Hory puroblemz with his kicking game but got picked apart and stopped in the 3rd

beats Jake at a time Jake was on the way out but he got hurt multiple times a

then loses 3 sturaight to Story, DHK and RDA. IF u had to bet the house on a fighter going to decision hed be near the top of the list. He got 3-0d by Story and RDA. He shouldve prolly edged out the DHK fight but the 2nd round was very, very close, and it was so fucken boring no one cared

Will Brooks is a close second for me.

Seemed a tad undersized at WW despite success there early. I wasnt expecting a whole lot outta him tbh

Good mention. Hes still young into his career. Same age as Tarec but much less mileage so we will see how the rest of his career goes. Tarec is on the way out IMO

Yeah true

Hector Lombard was quite disappointing considering his success in Bellator, but he instantly went into journeyman mode and his record is terrible of late.

I think Paul Daley's UFC career can only be considered "disappointing" considering the potential he had. Obviously he was the maker of his own downfall, but still was a dangerous exciting striker in his prime who could've been so much more had he just kept his cool. Unfortunate.

PURIME
DescriptiveDismalAnt-max-1mb.gif

Yeah true

Hector Lombard was quite disappointing considering how he his success in Bellator, but he instantly went into journeyman mode and his record is terrible of late.

I think Paul Daley's UFC career can only be considered "disappointing" considering the potential he had. Obviously he was the maker of his own downfall, but still was a dangerous exciting striker in his prime who could've been so much more had he just kept his cool. Unfortunate.

True about Hector. He still gave us many entertaining fights (Hendo, Magny specially) and ragdolled Paul Harris, Marquardt and specially Shields which was incredibly impressive. Even in fights he lost he showed his potential by how badly he hurt Hendo and Magny and got 10-8 rounds. Shouldve prolly got one of if not both of the Yushin and Boetsch decisions despite how boring the fights were. He still at one point when he made his WW debut looked like a top level fighter. Tarec never did

It's been a long time i've heard of Saffiedine. once you figure out his leg kicks and take him down he's done.

Pretty convenient for those that thought the UFC fighters couldn't stack up to Prides that the Pride fighter were suddenly past their prime. It's like the time between the deal being signed and the ink drying they all hit the wall.

I mean all the guy had going for him was leg kicks so..... yeah.

I had high hopes for tarec but he never seemed to evolve. He seems to get neutralized in a lot of his UFC fights were before in strikeforce, he was able to push his tools more effectively

Brooks is basically the Sokodjou of the modern era. Fighters like that over-perform in one or two fights and build hype but then they bottom out to their natural talent level. One reason I refuse to get excited over any hype trains anymore. Just too many guys have busted

I’d say the UFC incumbents were the most disappointing once Strikeforce arrived.

Eh, boring ass fighter not panning out in the UFC most likely won't cause me to lose sleep

Saffiedine and Brooks are great picks.

Giblert absolutely deserves a mention though. He may be the most under-the-radar disappointment of all. 1-5 in the UFC with his sole win over an over-the-hill Diego Sanchez (although it was a crazy fight). He's only faced top competition, but I thought he should/could have beat a few of those guys.

Marcin Held is another massive disappointment after all of his crazy submissions in Bellator.

Back