Safe to say Jones has conquered the LHW division?

CodCommando

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Some will say Alex can give him the rematch he deserves but, Alex is a broken man, he doesn't have what it takes anymore....he'll lose worse than the first time if they fight.

Jones would beat Alex again. Comfortably.

Well he didn't beat Rumble and people argue that he lost to Gus as well, so I actually say no. He certainly tore through the previous generation of LHWs though.

There's Volkan, and there's Misha rising up in the ranks. And an Alex-JJ rematch will be a big seller. Alex looked super-impressive in his last fight against a very formidable opponent. But the way things are going, JJ's probably going to push for the money fight against Brock, or want to fight a top boxer in a boxing match.

Some will say Alex can give him the rematch he deserves but, Alex is a broken man, he doesn't have what it takes anymore....he'll lose worse than the first time if they fight.

You are so, so wrong about Alex. He is Father Gustafsson now, and is the best LHW currently. He showed in his last fight he is better than ever. Becoming a father saved his career.

Well he didn't beat Rumble and people argue that he lost to Gus as well, so I actually say no. He certainly tore through the previous generation of LHWs though.
Rumble didn't have anything for Jon. He would have been taken down and tapped out. Of course he has that 1 punch KO power, but as soon as he's clinched once, it's a wrap.

You are so, so wrong about Alex. He is Father Gustafsson now, and is the best LHW currently. He showed in his last fight he is better than ever. Becoming a father saved his career.

He's a priest?

Nope. Until he beats Gus again.

And I somewhat agree with the assessment that Gus is 'broken'. While I wouldn't go that far and he did WRECK Glover, he has been significantly distracted from fighting- taking time off, having a kid, getting married etc... I'm still a believer that he's at worst the #3 guy in the division.

2139185f9c6494cf88e60ea7c777dbd3--mixed-martial-arts-martial-arts-women.jpg

Nope. Until he beats Gus again.

And I somewhat agree with the assessment that Gus is 'broken'. While I wouldn't go that far and he did WRECK Glover, he has been significantly distracted from fighting- taking time off, having a kid, getting married etc... I'm still a believer that he's at worst the #3 guy in the division.

This "Gus is not motivated", "Gus is broken" is so outdated. He is happier and more motivated than ever and it showed in his last fight. Sick, sick combinations, he threw them so relaxed and fast.. He is in his prime now.

Say what you will, but the LHW GOAT is the king of a wasteland. Yeah, we can name names, but LHW is not the hotbed it once was.

This "Gus is not motivated", "Gus is broken" is so outdated. He is happier and more motivated than ever and it showed in his last fight. Sick, sick combinations, he threw them so relaxed and fast.. He is in his prime now.

I hope so. I want nothing but the best for him.

Rumble fight needs to happen. Other than that, he cleaned out the LHW division

Gus wins the rematch because he has reach and eye pokes too.

Back