Saenchai willing to fight McGregor

well he Ko'ed a Jose aldo in 13 seconds, and still undisputed FW champion.

If I recall correctly, he knocked him out with a left hook while moving backwards which is a regular boxing move (lead hooks require weight shift to back leg).

No mystical voodoo shit here, but the UFC has to differentiate these guys somehow in the publics eye. No one has done anything "new" in the UFC since Anderson Silva, and his contribution was showing the mainstream that Muay Thai basics will work in the cage. Prior to that it was Matt Hughes with his wrestling and Royce Gracie with his BJJ. There's been very little innovation in the UFC in the last 7 years or so.

If I recall correctly, he knocked him out with a left hook while moving backwards which is a regular boxing move (lead hooks require weight shift to back leg).

Conor is a southpaw his lead hook is a right hook. You can still step in any direction and punch with power though if you start shifting the weight before you even begin taking the step though

He knocked out aldo with a right cross.

it was never really his style to do that.

Conor was winning first round easily, even manage to get on top diaz with ease (which is shocking to me)

he get caught, underestimate Diaz and pay the price.
He wasn't easily winning the first round. He edged Nate out, but he was also getting hit and wasn't ahead by much. Nate was more than willing to let him fall into his gaurd. Connor was in more trouble than Nate in that position.

He didn't just "get caught", he got outboxed and choked out...

As I said, McGregor is a puncher. Guy can't box and can't kick.

Those wheel kicks were such wasted strikes. He wants to talk shit about a Muay Thai kick being predictable and slow, what the fuck was that then? Huge expense of energy for an ineffective strike. Maybe if he had a chopping Thai leg kick in his game he could have exploited Nate's stance a bit...

Those wheel kicks were such wasted strikes. He wants to talk shit about a Muay Thai kick being predictable and slow, what the fuck was that then? Huge expense of energy for an ineffective strike. Maybe if he had a chopping Thai leg kick in his game he could have exploited Nate's stance a bit...
Its funny when people say the MuayThai kick is predictable because even when it is predictable it still lands. Yodsanklai is predictable in the way that you know hes always going to keep throwing that left kick but yet even with that predictability he still lands over and over again. Its simple things like timing and rhythm. Those type of comments show how ignorant the MMA world is to real MuayThai.

Connor tapped like a bitch and got schooled in the second round...

he have punch power and good angles,but not more than that,his spinning shit cant be effective against smart guys who dont have a good movement on the cage.

as said before,he could low kicked a low and took nate rear leg off balance(who was giving problem being a southpaw natural stance like him)and nate jab and cross would not connect with that facility.

Nate looked with a bad head movement and bad performed on defending skills because he was called as a replacement and dont have a good time to do sparring and sharp his striking,and even that he was easily connecting simple jab and cross on Connor Tapgregor.

If he took RDA instead Nate,he would got KOed for sure,what a weak chin,his style made him so kickable and punchable,and he dont have a good chin to prevent that

His hard punching skills and angles make him a good puncher,and not for sure a good boxer,boxing is much more than only that,he lacked on a lot of fundamentals.

yeah but to think that he is all hype is preposterous, considering the list of fighter that he finish.

No, he's obviously a very solid fighter, just not the "god" that UFC would like us to believe that he is.

I really don't see any shame in Connor tapping tho. He was battered on his feet and didn't have the skills to defend on the ground. That choke was sunk deep as fuck. Fight over.

I really don't see any shame in Connor tapping tho. He was battered on his feet and didn't have the skills to defend on the ground. That choke was sunk deep as fuck. Fight over.

For a big mouthed he showed a lot of fear and he god caught by a cross and got shocked,trying the takedown,because he was losing on his own game,he turn his back too early for the choke,he could tried more,and he tapped fast IMO,choke was not even closed with only 1.3 seconds

Conor talks alot to generate money, thats what he is good at. Cant blame him for that. The problem is all annoying fans who were acting like he was invincible

I never heard about champions from the Republic of Ireland. Sorry. McGregor is nothing special than generated power, in terms of skills he isn"t a champion.

Saenchai is serious.

And I don"t fucking care about a still mediocre UFC. Wake me up when we have 5 Nate Diaz at least at any division.

wow, i didnt even read your entire post

you started out with karate and kickboxing examples doing quite well in mma.

proves my point, where are the muay thai examples? if ya can post them, i'll read the rest of your post
Rambaa is a fine example but he's too small for the current weight classes in the UFC. You can't hold his weight against him. That's the only reason he isn't competing in the UFC. He is a stand up nightmare for all his opponents. Saenchai would toy with MMA fighters standing.

yeah well we just had a debate in another thread about how hard it is to distinguish thai fighters in another thread. guess i got confused again, point is even proved some more though
ramba fought in even worse promotions and even lost to darren uyenoyama. a ufc reject who went 2-2 in the promotion and never cracked top 20 at flyweight and never will.

if ramba is THE example then i guess there is nothing more to say.

He lost to Darren in his third bout, a guy who naturally outweighed him by 10 lbs, he then went on an 11 fight win streak. He improved immensely.

I never heard about champions from the Republic of Ireland. Sorry. McGregor is nothing special than generated power, in terms of skills he isn"t a champion.

Saenchai is serious.

And I don"t fucking care about a still mediocre UFC. Wake me up when we have 5 Nate Diaz at least at any division.
Ireland has 1 UFC champion, how many does Romania have?

He wasn't easily winning the first round. He edged Nate out, but he was also getting hit and wasn't ahead by much. Nate was more than willing to let him fall into his gaurd. Connor was in more trouble than Nate in that position.

He didn't just "get caught", he got outboxed and choked out...

he did landed more significant strike in the first round, and if other fighter not name nate diaz or edgar was taking those shots, i believe they will get KO'ED

and what confused me is, Connor is actually really good kicker, he landed a lot of Spinning back kick to the body and front kick to the body, if you look at his fight against Chad his kicks look excellent.

so against the best wrestler he ever fought he throw a lots of good kicks, but against a guy who want to stand and bang with him he only threw couple of silly spinning back kick to the head ( which he rarely land )

Back